Man. This thread got way off topic. Interesting. I expected seeing a Den-o vs Decade first, before a Den-o vs Shinkenger. but oh well. I've yet to see Den-O so I can't comment. But I have seen Shinkenger up to date.
Anyway, since the thread has evolved into a "What is Den-O?" and a "Best 2000s toku" thread, I guess I'll give my comment on it. Since I haven't seen Den-O, I'll just go with the 2000s sentai topic.
PS: I'm not a real fan of dividing sentai by decades. I prefer doing it by Heisei (Goranger-Liveman), 20th Showa (Turboranger-Timeranger), and 21st Showa (Gaoranger-Shinkenger). (Possibly 12 seasons per generation). The current sentai, I call "Generation 3 sentai." But whatever. I'll stick to the 2000s decade for this topic.
Timeranger (I consider this as one of the best sentai of all time. Love the unique story so much!
)
Gaoranger (This season was really cool. But could've been a lot more! A bit dissapointing. :disappoin )
Hurricaneger (I don't care what people say, I consider this a good version of Kakuranger :loltongue: )
Abaranger (I love this story a lot!)
Dekaranger (Has a great cast and many fun moments)
Magiranger (This season was just plain fun! I don't care if it has a lot of childish elements. It was a lot of fun for me!)
Boukenger (Similar to Deka. But I loved the many rivalries, and old school elements that were present in it.)
Gekiranger (Currently, another one of my top favs! Amazing story! And was fun to have sentai warriors in multiple factions.
)
Go-onger (Nothing special. But could've been a lot better! And I know people will disagree with me, but I actually liked the Engines. They were more interesting than the Go-ongers themselves. To me, the Engines were the only major up for this season.)
Shinkenger (So far so good! If it keeps up the way it is right now, it's definitely going to be one of my top favs!
)
Overall for me, Timeranger was the best (for this decade). Gekiranger is another instant classic. Shinkenger is looking good enough to make it as good as Time and Geki. Abaranger had one of the best stories in sentai. Magiranger was also another top fun season with a good story. Hurricaneger was similar in terms of Magi. Dekaranger and Boukenger were just fun, nothing more. Gaoranger was cool, but could've been better. And Go-onger wasn't really anything special. And that's that!