That includes Dairanger and Gokaiger, but ties on the 2nd spot. I've seen a lot of thousands or more (fans) of these 'highly acclaimed' sentai series? I don't see what's the fuzz of these sentai series. On the other hand, I honestly not a fan of these 2. there are dozens of much better sentai series than those 2

Okay back to the topic Which is consider the best in terms of character, story, mechas and the like? and why it is recommended? Just for curiousity

R

raden238

I like Jetman more. This really depends on personal taste. I loved the suits and the bird motif. Plus the cool Bird Mecha and villains was a big hit for me. Shinkenger was interesting too, with it's Japanese culture but the series just felt really boring and I stopped watching after episode 38.

That includes Dairanger and Gokaiger, but ties on the 2nd spot. I've seen a lot of thousands or more (fans) of these 'highly acclaimed' sentai series? I don't see what's the fuzz of these sentai series. On the other hand, I honestly not a fan of these 2. there are dozens of much better sentai series than those 2

Okay back to the topic Which is consider the best in terms of character, story, mechas and the like? and why it is recommended? Just for curiousity

Jetman is the best for sure !!

D

Dr Kain

DaiRanger is the best followed by KakuRanger.

Jetman ranges between 6-9 while Shinkenger is not even in my top 15. Shinkenger is not a terrible show, but it isn't anything beyond average.

However, I'm confused by this topic. Do you just want to know which is better between Jet and Shinken? If so, easily Jet. The character arcs are great. The villains have a lot of development and all of them actually do stuff and not take 40 episodes to do it. The monsters of the week are kind of weak, but at least there is no mecha pile on going on in the show.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Shrinkenger IS a a terrible show. It was one of my first Sentai Series and almost got me turn off from Sentai for good. Thank god, I watched Abaranger and Gekiranger and really got into SS.

Shinkenger doesn't make use of its theme even for 10%, its plot is okay at the best, it doesn't have any creativity whatsoever, except for that red ranger twist at the end, its villains are completely wasted, especially Judo, the only good actors are him and Takeru (girls' acting was literally unbearable for me. Romi Paku at her 3 seconds of being actually onscreen had more believable acting, than both of them in the entire season), team up with Go-Onger is one of the worst in the entire franchise with any Go-Onger barely in. And Hyper Go-On Red... No, please just no (team up with Goseiger on other hand is really good, but it's not exactly a plus for Shinkenger, but rather for Goseiger). Both movie and Returns are nothing, but a joke. Zords are awful. Upgrades are good, but other arsenal isn't. Shinkenger is trying to be one of 80s Sentai and fails miserably.

But to its credit, PR Samurai showed, that this is not the worst thing you can see. Actually it made Shinkenger pretty enjoyable in comparison.

Jetman is your typical Inoue show, but it had Gai and characters are different and not actually forgettable there, unlike most Sentai of that time blahblahblah etc. it's okay show for me. A fun ride for once, one can say.

IMO, better spend time on series like Liveman or any 90s Sentai. They won't disappoint.

No, he means samurai theme, not musical theme. Very little of the show felt like a story about samurai.

Sure, if we ignore all its stories about how the Japanese feudal system forced people into doing stuff they don't want to, loyalties that are forced versus those that are earned, forsaking duty for glory and/or personal satisfaction, and then ended with how the samurai aren't relevant anymore.

Heck there was even a harakiri reference, several relevant mook battles having those slow-walking samurai fight sequences, and the final battle harkened to those samurai movies where they're all beaten up and charging into an army of gun-wielding warriors.

Of course there are toys toys and more toys, but still, beyond that, it used the samurai theme a whole lot more than it should have to. Just as much as, or even more, than Dairanger was about Chinese mythology and fighting styles or Gokaiger was about pirates.

So what's so special about Dairanger? It has the same format as Gekiranger and Maskman being a martial arts theme and had mystical powers deep inside. Or is it the Dairanger's Qi the most powerful aura in the world that would easily eliminates Geki Waza and the Aura Power.

Last edited: