[GAME] CthulhuTech: The Eldritch Society -- Episode 1

"Good luck, Varna" Linny murmured before looking to Inaba "Maybe I should go post myself in a position for cover fire in the case of the worst?" Linny thought about the new abilities of her guest.

“It would be wise to consider precautions,” said the voice of Godfather. “Although Tagers inherently know their own abilities from the beginning, that does not always mean they will have mastered them. Mistakes can and will be made. It would be unhealthily presumptuous to let Stealth go in without back-up, so I would recommend Ghost go with him. Too large a group would be detected, but two should be able to carry out the mission without too much more jeopardy than there already is. Daredevil and the rest should remain outside, but be ready in case things do not go to plan…unfortunately, these operations rarely do.”

“You should be able to keep an eye on them both with the security camera link-up,” Fog put in, “but do not assume the enemy won’t have other methods of surveillance. Only use your peeks if you have to, otherwise the group should stick to their telepathy. It’s not perfect, but it also can’t be picked up by, say, a monitoring frequency.”

Stealth stopped on hearing godfather, he had no desire to argue with his experienced counsel even if he felt he could manage on his own. With a slight shrug he turned his attention to Ghost.

“Well I guess we’ll both be heading off then.â€

He said awkwardly to the more enthusiastic Tager.

"The Godfather has spoken." Inaba replied, although she didn't think it was an auspicious start. They needed to be able to trust her - but then, she was never supposed to be the team leader. That role should have fallen to one of the warriors on the ground, so to speak. "Daredevil, I'll be on overwatch with you so please locate a nest for us."

Ghost nodded to his teammate, noting the obvious tone of awkwardness. The Tager wanted to say something to comfort his crestfallen comrade, but found the idea of reassuring words an ideal too distant to use. Partnership and further team building exercise would eventually bridge the gap between the team's individual thought patterns, but for now it would stay broken and fragmented before trust really became apparent.

He then turned to Godfather, and spoke the silent words, "Thank you." Ghost could not handle his own thoughts, let alone begin to understand what was going through their benefactor's, yet he trusted the elder man's judgement as if it were law.

Ghost pulled up the route on his head's up display and studied his path. He nodded in approval once done, and looked upon Stealth.

"I'll pick up the rear for this, you should go in ahead since I only intended myself upon backup. I'll follow your lead and watch your back. That being said, I'm ready to go whenever you are."

[Hide]
Ghost rolls for Stealth Check:
Roll (5d10)+9:
6 - 2 - 6 - 7 - 10+9:
Total: 21
[/Hide]

Grey nodded as the Godfather and Fog spoke. "Inaba, I will aid in 'back-up' and 'clean-up' as well."

He hoped it would mean a chance to stretch his wings, but that would depend on the situation.

Stealth checked his map one more time before he looked to Ghost and gave a quick nod.

"Alright I'm ready."

The young xenomix walked ahead as he carefully followed the path laid out for him. For the first time since waking he freely accepted his symbiont’s influence. there was no time for pettiness he knew he needed to stay concealed as looked for a chance to transform.

[HIDE]rolling athletics + agility
(roll 2d10) + 9
3 - 10 + 9
Total: 19[/HIDE]

"The Godfather has spoken." Inaba replied, although she didn't think it was an auspicious start. They needed to be able to trust her - but then, she was never supposed to be the team leader. That role should have fallen to one of the warriors on the ground, so to speak. "Daredevil, I'll be on overwatch with you so please locate a nest for us."

"So I will" Daredevil responded before heading out and changing into her symbiot, Stirling could climb as well as any human but her guest was used to height the Amlati had only briefly expirienced. She looked for a good place with a great view but also secure enough to suit Inaba's purpose.

((Roll to climb: 6 - 8 - 6: 6+6 =12+4 (percep)= 16 total ))

Last edited:
Daredevil’s Challenging Test: SUCCESS.

Daredevil slipped out into the night, carried by her flitting wings and light feet, to the nearby wire fence, which she ascended with little more than a tiny rattle that could have been mistaken for the wind, and skittered along it until she reached a the post of a security light. She positioned herself on top, momentarily darting in the way of the light before positioning herself on top. She moved with such grace and speed that it would be assumed by anybody watching to be a moth landing on the lamp’s lens for a split-second before flittering away. A few well-timed movements carried her to the roof of the main building, and from there it would only be a short clamber to mount the carousel, which was the highest point nearby, not counting the spindly frames that spider-legged out of the top. Daredevil herself might be able to balance that high up, but it would be impractical to attempt further ascension for anybody else.

Ghost and Stealth’s Challenging Test: SUCCESS.

The two scouts darted out of the back of the vehicle, using the temporary flicker of the light to escape the most powerful part of its beam, moving between those that remained ahead of them as they reached the staff door. Its design was old, with no sign of the more advanced locking systems of today. Nearby, they could hear the boots of a patrolling member of the security team turn sideways in the gravel, and a pale, yellow torch-beam danced across the ground nearby. Most of the men and women were still inside, but this guard had detected the fluctuation and then decided just to make certain there really was nothing. If his vigilance were to continue, it was likely he would eventually find some trace of the alien creatures in the vicinity. None of the three active Tagers could detect the presence of their hated enemies, the Dhohanoids. The guard was purely human; relatively unremarkable, about thirty-one years of age, with hair cropped tight to his skull, slightly overweight, some armour to protect from stabbing but nothing more. The hand not directing his torch was reaching for his walkie-talkie. A service-standard pistol hung from the holster on his hip. If not somehow distracted or redirected, he would very likely spot one of the Tagers skulking in the darkness, or at the very least become unsettled and request back-up.

Last edited:
Stealth pondered the situation for a moment as he tried to think of a way past the guard without alerting him of their presence. His eyes sharpened as he noticed the portly man reach for his walkie-talkie not wanting to permit the arrival of more guards, Stealth telepathically alerted Ghost.

“It looks like he might radio someone, I’m going to try and paralyses him. Unless he endures it he’ll be stuck for 10 minutes at best so we’ll have to act fast or ensure he won’t alert anyone.â€

Immediately the Tager activated his stealth field as a precaution. Steadying his aim Stealth fired a pair of shots laced in paralytic poison from his needle pods toward the guard.

[HIDE]Rolling marksman + needlepod
Roll 2d10 + 1
8 - 10 + 1
Total: 11[/HIDE]