China Builds A Giant Bootleg Gundam


...Then why not name it Buddha Gundam instead? Or would that be just as offensive?
 
It wasn't supposed to be a buddha, it was an incarnate god. A buddha is not the same thing as a god.
 

THIS... I've never bothered understanding why it was called 'God Gundam' way back since I saw G Gundam when I was a kid... You just enlightened me ma'am...

Yeah, 'Burning Gundam' is still a shitty name.
 
If you are going to have a gold Gundam, then the ENTIRE thing should be gold, just like some of the model kits I've seen. That statue just looks gay.
 
I guess China has self-esteem issues.

You would have them too if you were home to the last Communist dicatorship in the world

Plus the whole Kim-Jong being lonely thing from Team America:World Police comes to mind
 

I still say 'Burning Gundam' is a cool name in a vacuum, at least when not in an English setting...

But that's a very interesting detail I did not know. But yeah they could have went with anything less blasphemous but still relevant like Divine Gundam or Holy Gundam? Or Zen Gundam? Or Deva Gundam or use some foreign word that means 'God' but isn't the word 'God'... Deus Gundam? ^^;
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…