Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Tokyo wins the Little League World Series! Baseball is also mentioned in part 11!

Episode 31:

After a recap of last episode we see Grey making a house of tarot cards before Radiguet tells the two demons to kneel to show loyalty. They have not interest in massacring humans and Radiguet throws an energy blast only for it to be redirected. They disappear saying those who are against humans are their enemies. Maria laughs at Radiguet before cutting to a truck that nearly runs over some kids. Ramon or Gorg (who is who) save them before showing them with a yellow body beam. The other saves a bunch of constructions workers followed by healing some random guy on a stretcher. Aya says their third robot is almost ready. Swallow wonders where Condor and Swan are as we see them horseback riding. The people showered in their body beams from earlier are then turned into pineapples which they drink. The Jetmen show up and Ramon and Gorg say they are ancestors of humanity before opening fire. The trio transform and are quickly taken down by the demon lords. I want to describe what they are doing except I can't tell who is who! Condor and Swan ignore Hawk's call for help and the Fire Bazooka gets deflected after firing. At Sky Camp they are patched up and Aya is in disbelief. Hawk demands answers from the two deserters. Swan apologizes and Hawk gives the generic we are warriors shtick. Condor throws a fit and bickering ensues before he storms off with Swan on his motorcycle. He gives Owl his cross changer before leaving. Maria attacks the trio as they stand before the demon lord show up to be a hassle, stating that their existence is a nuisance. Explosive beams fly and the environment changes because Toei editing. Maria is in serious pain and reverts back to Rie. Hawk is in shock and takes gunfire meant for her as they are both sent into a river near a cliff.

At Sky Camp Owl and Swallow worry, the latter expressing this toward Aya who replies that they must be strong as they finish constructing the new robot, Tetra Boy. Hawk places Rie down close to the river and she wakes up, seeing him. Hawk puts two and two together to realize the Vyram brainwashed her and tells Rie she was sleeping for a long time. One of the demon lords show up giant sized and Hawk calls in JI. Owl and Swallow notice this and head out in JG. The other demon lord observes the two on one conflict and calls the Jetmen fools. JI and JG get beaten around quite easily as Aya continues doing calculations. Radiguet shows up near Rie and calls her Maria as he wants her to return to the Vyram. He zaps her with a hand laser to turn her back into Maria while JI and JG get thrashed. Also the indoor shots with Aya are overexposed, but worth it as Tetra Boy is finally complete. It flies out just as both robots are down and out- OH LORD THAT RUN. Tetra Boy shows up like a boxer and acts like one, running around the demon lord and bopping it. This makes him dizzy during the assault. Aya has Tetra Boy turn into Tetra Buster, a 4-barreled cannon that fires blue energy balls, blowing the demon lord to pieces. Hawk calls for Rie near the river and Maria responds via whip coiling. The episode ends with Hawk's head being stomped on by Maria's left foot. Next episode shows Swan on a swing and the Jetmen at a cemetery.

Episode 32:

After a recap of last episode Hawk wakes up at Sky Camp with his commrades. Hawk tries convincing Aya Rie is normal, but does not believe him. Cut to Condor and Swan talking about whatever at a restaurant briefly which ticks him off. The demon lord finds the body of his fallen ally and tries to absorb him via body tentacles, but Radiguet cuts said tentacles saying they must bow to him. Fighting occurs which is cut short by Grey taking the body of the fallen one. Radiguet tells Grey what we saw and thinks the fallen one can be used to manipulate the active one. Hawk sits on some outdoor stairs at a park thinking of Rie. The others express concern for him due to such heart break. Aya tells Hawk to snap out of it. This causes him to walk away while Radiguet places the body of the fallen demon lord down so the active one can attack him. He plays dead and the merging is attempted, but some bio dimension bugs come from the body while merging, fusing them into one body under Radiguet's control. Owl and Swallow SOMEHOW find Condor and Swan and ask them to come back to help Hawk. Condor refuses because dickery. Why do fans like this guy again? Merged demon lord goes on a rampage with Aya hoping Hawk snaps out of it. Hawk is seen on a swing thinking about Rie. Condor and Swan spot him- Oh hey this is where the "let me introduce you to my girlfriend" picture in the Samurai Flamenco watched/expected/got picture came from. Condor throws a fit while Owl and Swallow fight the merged demon lord. Condor than places Hawk in a headlock saying he should do as he wishes before taking off with Swan.

Hawk gets attacked by Maria while the demon lord beats Owl and Swallow around just as Condor and Swan show up and transform. Hawk gets thrown around on Maria's whip and beaten up a bit. Hawk eventually snaps out of it while the others are beaten up. He tries talking Maria down, but that flunks. He becomes angry and grabs Maria, hugging her tight and saying he will turn her back to normal. He runs off while Maria is stunned. The demon lord marches toward the exhausted Jetmen when Hawk shows up, walking through a barrage of non-lethal bullets and beams before transforming. How are these monsters threatening if they don't hurt anyone? Intros are done with a pose followed by an assault with the wing gauntlets, but the demon lord just grows big. The jets are called in and form JI to fight. Both titans seem evenly matched, BG is called in and JI becomes JH. This allows JH and BG to combine together into.... Great Bird Harken I guess? They don't say the name. Two underside laser cannons called the Hyper Buster are used followed by a heat encased ram called the Hyper G Attack. Also the demon lord somehow ended up in a canyon instead of the quarry. Radiguet is disappointed and Maria thinks about what Hawk said, thinking it was humiliating. The Jetmen meet at Rie's gravestone where Hawk gives it flowers. The episode ends with Hawk and Condor shaking hands with the other putting their hands in too. Next episode shows a small girl in yellow.

Episode 33:

A little girl in yellow walks through pillar ruins before waking up. The next day we see kids playing baseball until the ball sticks to the bat. Out of the bushes is Adhesive Cockroach who spews glue at the kids followed by many other people around town. Hi Cockroach Dopant from Kamen Rider W! Wait, this must be his dad, nevermind. Maria is impressed and reminds him the hardship of his species done by humans. Cut to Hawk and Condor about to take shots before Aya calls them in. The Jetmen roll out and Adhesive Cockroach stops their vehicles. After they transform they get beaten up due to Adhesive Cockroach being so fast and agile. Hawk eventually hits him and the Fire Bazooka is attempted, but Jet Striker is stuck so Condor suggests the Bird Bomber. They land a direct hit, but he gets up and flames them. At Sky Camp Aya shows the Jetmen new guns called the beak smashers, stated to be three times stronger than the bird blasters. Before the Vyram attacked Earth Ship, these weapons were saved from being destroyed although they are incomplete. Aya thinks there might be plans with the creator's daughter, Rika. Rika turns out to be the girl from the beginning of the episode as we see some sleep doctors conducting tests on her because something entered her mind. Hawk asks about drawings she made before Rika says she can't remember something from her dad under hypnosis. Hawk looks at Rika's drawings at her house and says he was friends with her dad. Rika didn't like him- Now her name is Mika? CONSISTENCY PLEASE! Insert child neglect flashbacks here. Hawk says her dad did not forget about her and winds up a music.... snow globe? On her last birthday her dad simply gave her a package with said music trinket before storming out of the room.

A building explodes somehow as Adhesive Cockroach runs away from the other Jetmen. Aya gets annoyed from looking at Mika's drawings before realizing they are blueprints. She tells Hawk Mika must have been given them subconsciously. Mika hears this from the other side of the door and feels betrayed. The drawings get faxed at Sky Camp while Hawk repairs the music toy. Just as Mika walks in he says he fixed it before going on about saving people. Once Mika says she knows she was drawing plans, Hawk replies that her dad trusted her over anyone before he hears an explosion outside. Adhesive Cockroach chases some people until Hawk fights him and the others show up. Things do no do well as Mika gets hurt from a flame attack- And Hawk gets her back to Sky Camp during the battle. The editing is at full force stupid I swear. After the Jetmen transform Aya says there is only one part of the schematics left. Mika enters her dream state in the pillars. She spots her dad and calls to him. He disappears and she sees his desk. He then reappears to her in open arms. He says he will always be with her and watch over her as he gives her the last piece of his schematics. She wakes up and tells Aya she remembers the rest of the plans. Meanwhile, the Jetmen use the Bird Bomber and wing gauntlets at the same time, but Adhesive Cockroach survives just fine. Maria shows up to say this is there final moment when Adhesive Cockroach is shot by a beak smasher by Aya. She throws them to the Jetmen, Maria unamused, as the new laser guns home in on Adhesive Cockroach (rather slowly) and are combined with the bird blastersto use a stronger Bird Bomber, destroying him. Maria pouts and walks away. Mika now made peace with her dad and Hawk promises to save the Earth so his death was not in vein. Next episode shows Hawk fighting the others and Grey standing along side him.

Adhesive Cockroach: Powers include glue spewing, high jumping, speed, a right arm flamethrower, and a thick exoskeleton
=================================================
Not counting episode 33 here. In terms of ranger balance the other four are reasonably balanced with Owl only getting two episodes to himself, basically making this Dynaman levels of unbalanced. I'll briefly mention that both additional mechs stand up well with JI, I like how JG is a more bestial entity compared to previous secondary mecha, making it more distinct. As for romance shenanigans they are everywhere, not just the main love triangle/trapezoid, but a lot of one shot episodes are very centered around it. I am amazed nobody mentions this more often. Instead I see people saying this is a dark and mature sentai. Guys? No it isn't. It isn't any darker than the early sentai. Then there is the whole "the villains are fighting against each other" shtick I hear a lot to which I reply with a chuckle because no they don't. They bicker with one another, but they don't go out of their way to foil each others' plans, at best they just taunt each other; Radiguet might be violent toward them, but that has more to do with them getting in the way of his plans unintentionally and that happens a grand total of once. Oh boy do these guys just not work AT ALL. "We conquered entire dimensions!" How is Earth difficult to you if you're that powerful? It is one planet! Go to another one and come back with an army of dimensional beasts! Radiguet has the excuse of being prideful and is just that pitiful, but nobody else gets this excuse. Plus he did betray their previous empress, implying he just wants power and doesn't have the wit to use it. Why did he turn Rie into Maria for that matter? She is just a human that can't do as much. Then there is Grey who does next to nothing other than sit around and act as a moving shield for Maria. What was this guy's purpose before coming to Earth? Tran I could say the same for, but knowing what happens to him after this part I will let him slide for now. Then there is the mood whiplash that ranges from violent things happening to happy go-lucky kid friendly enjoy-ability and alternates between them FREQUENTLY; JAKQ has the excuse of being gradual. Then there is the Toei editing which has probably been the worst out of the franchise thus far (maybe in Toei's superhero library period) just to compact time. This wouldn't bug me as much if there wasn't so many friggin overexposed shots and no, don't say "new staff" because they clearly started out doing well with the scenes with the models of the jets flying around. They clearly know what they're doing and I haven't seen this much overexposure issues with any tokusatsu in general (WOULD IT KILL THEM TO USE A NEUTRAL DENSITY FILTER!?). Then there is the whole Jetmen are superhuman thing which only grants them high jumping, don't even say super speed or taking hits because plenty of regular human sentai also stood up to bullets and explosions before. In other words they failed to convey the heroes are above average to normal humans including their predecessors!

THEN THERE IS EPISODE 27 AKA INNOCENT PEOPLE/HEROES SAVING THE WORLD GO TO HELL. WHY!? There is no cosmic or supernatural force to stop this!? What really disturbs me is that previous dimensional beasts are included in Hell. Remember, these monsters are made to follow orders and are usually killed off within hours of being conceived. This means that they are pre-destined to go to Hell when they die and as the following episode shows they don't have a great gasp on what is right and wrong. I can understand limbo or something, but when are these guys ever informed that what they are doing is wrong? That chance never comes up if you think about it! It is genuinely disturbing! IN A KIDS SHOW I MAY ADD. Don't even say "well good kids shows don't talk down to kids/adults have to enjoy them too because ner ner ner ner ner ner", it is still the target audience and some things you just don't expose children to. I say all this as someone that believes internet critics take kids shows too seriously like the over reactions people give about modern Sponge Bob episodes. Dark comedy giving wrong messages doesn't bug me, but bringing in the afterlife in a terrifying portrayal like that? Not here!

For those still unaware the based folks at Shout are releasing Dairanger in North America in about ten weeks from now. This basically means I have to hurry up with these take ons. If you haven't noticed I have been posting these parts every other day, mainly because I am doing other things like watching anime, but also because sentai burn out is getting to me. However, since this deadline is approaching and Dairanger subs will be deleted from various video hosting areas by then I have to speed things up. To add to this Kissanime.com, aka where I watch most of my anime, decided to move their entire library to another video host which will take up most of next month. This means very little will be distracting me for a while. With that said I will attempt to finish Jetman this week with parts up on a daily basis and then try to marathon the hell out of Zyuranger throughout the month of September, hopefully allowing me to do the same with Dairanger in October before it gets released. The good part is that I don't have to type so much while I am watching, just mark down monster of the week info like I sometimes do with monster of the week shows anyway!:laugh: This also means I can watch any amount of episodes in a day as I please! After Dairanger I will attempt to get back on track of things with Kakuranger, hopefully getting it done before Thanksgiving so I can celebrate the holidays with Ohranger. "But Captain Shark Ohranger is supposed to be the worst sentai of the 20th century!" People said the same about Fiveman and that turned out to be awesome! People also called Sun Vulcan and Liveman good and whoo whoo boy they so weren't. So yeah, I'm kind of skeptical about that claim.

Last edited:
Subway will stop using antibiotic meats! Speaking of eating fresh here is part 12!

Episode 34:

Hawk looks at a tiny pic of Rie during the night and takes a disc out of a computer. Aya catches him and finds out he took plans for Tetra Boy. He storms off and the next day the Jetmen are attacked with explosives. Condor chases Hawk with the women making a roa block with Owl. Hawk gets through them with the Vyram not understanding 9except Grey who just sips wine). Hawk wears sunglasses and a black coat at night and meets up with Grey who mentions his betrayal. The others watch as Hawk wants Rie back in exchange for plans on Tetra Boy. Condor shoots the plans and Hawk says destiny changes people. Grey shoots at them and Hawk proposes joining forces to beat them. Transforming is done and the others faces off against Hawk and Grey. Condor calls in the Fire Bazooka and shoots them both. Condor is wounded from Hawk as he and Grey split up. Hawk gets back to Sky Camp, deactivates security, and takes Tetra Boy via flying him to an abandoned warehouse area. Grey shows up Hawk has his cross changer on the ground. During the deal Grey shoots him just as the others show up who also get shot. Grey stomps on the cross changer and Tetra Boy is teleported off. Condor notices Hawk's cross changer is strange while Radiguet congratulates Grey on taking Tetra Boy or TB as I will nickname him from now on. TB moves by himself and picks Grey up. The other villains shoot at it which allows Grey to escape. Tetra Boy is shocked and out of the left foot is a hatch with someone inside.

Vyrock detects an intruder who happens to be Hawk. Radiguet is PO'd and Grey says to use Hell Medusa on him. Hawk thinks there must be a dimensional portal and if it is busted the world can be saved. He finds a white door and opens it to reveal an MC Escher room. The camera techniques are great and basic, it is reasons like this why I point out rookie mistakes. Hell Medusa soon attacks and throws Hawk around in what I think is a trash dump. Maybe this is a reference to that trash compactor scene in Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. Anyway, Hawk finds a giant pod and the Vyram storm in to fight him. Grey says he doesn't stand a chance and Hawk transforms, but gets quickly assaulted. Tran controls his bringer sword and his bird blaster is eaten by Hell Medusa. Hawk gets nomed on and BG arrives just in time with JH and form GI. Hawk gets aboard and Condor reveals they were trying to find- Wait, it is- Wait, it was Bio Rock, not Vyrock!? AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! So yeah, evil Hawk was an android the whole time and TB was used as a homing device. GI aims for the dimensional transporter and Hell Medusa grows big by order of Grey. He then commands Hell Medusa to absorb GI's energy and Hawk calls in TB. Hell Medusa is slugged via punching by TB followed by a martial arts assault and GI using the Bird Maser to terminate him. Grey fires a torso beam that sends the machines out of the Vyrock. The villains throw a fit about being infiltrated and the episode ends with the Jetmen meeting up with Aya on a job that confirms they can win and thanking TB. Next episode shows toxic gas around town and a dove in close up.

Hell Medusa: Powers include sideways jaws with suction, twin toothy tentacle arms that emit electric shocks, size changing, energy draining, and mouth flames

Episode 35:

Some small girl in a hospital sleeps as a dove flies near the building. Said dove spots two guys in a truck dumping a barrel (the same goons that Trash Dimension beat up?). One barrel turns to three and the surrounding plant life suffers. The Vyram find it strange that humans would strangle themselves and a bio dimensional bug is attached to the barrel. After the girl wakes up we cut to Swan skipping along until a bunch of poison gas is being used to attack people. The source is Toxic Gas Mouse who is attacked by the dove only for him to throw it. Swallow saves it and in a jump finally bothered to wear shorts under her skirt. The others show up and transform, but the acidic gas is too much for them. The dove watches ad Hawk manages to cut off Toxic Gas Mouse's right arm and he disappears. At the lab Aya reveals it was created by industrial waste their science has not been able to erradicate. They head out and Swallow spots the dove who gives her a message wrapped on his leg. Turns out this dove belongs to hospital girl who reveals his name is Paru. Paru and his friends hate polluting more than Godzilla and said girl has been in the hospital room most of her life. Paru got weak from air pollution and fell into her room by accident so she took care of the little guy. Eventually he got better despite the doctors saying he was terminally ill and somewho she can see what Paru sees. Psychokinesis has been established in previous series, so I'm not going to get on its case here. Her mom walks in and once she and Swallow are outside she reveals her heart was bad and she is too afraid to take an operation.... I just.... Not going to bother. Meanwhile, Toxic Gas Mouse regenerates his arm via eating the barrel of waste earlier like Gyaos in the third showa Gamera movie. Swallow takes nameless girl to a lake for a picnic while she is in a wheelchair. She sees three kids playing and the operation comes up- Her name is Eri? She prefers hospital life and wheels off, partly because she will lose Paru. Toxic Gas Mouse attacks soon after. Swallow handles him on her own until she gets gassed in the eyes. Radiguet tells him to attack the city.

Toxic Gas Mouse goes on a city rampage from a building's fire escape while Swallow is unable to open her eyes. Radiguet approaches them and Swallow is barely able to limp off as Eri gets out of the wheelchair. Near a lake they are both nearly cut down. Swan and Owl spot Swallow's cross changer as well as Paru. Paru's friends, pigeons, appear to annoy Radiguet the great dimensional conqueror. Mister "I destroy planets with little effort" falls off a cliff by a dove getting near his face. OUR VILLAINS, FOLKS! Swan and Owl find Swallow and Eri followed by the Jetmen attack Toxic Gas Mouse again. Swallow's vision is blurry and Toxic Gas Mouse fights her one on one with Eri watching. The beak smasher is brought out to home in on him. The Smash Bomber is then used to blow Toxic Gas Mouse up- No, wait, his bio dimensional bug grows big. Hawk has the jets come out and Eri says she wants to fight too. Swallow agrees to take her as they beam up and she even has a kids sized pilot helmet. Eri helps Swallow fight Toxic Gas Mouse before JI is formed. Upon that happening JI uses a barrage of weapons, but Toxic Gas Mouse fights back to the point of melting the Birdonic Saber. TB is called in for martial arts and become the Tetra Buster which Eri has the privilege of firing, ending the fight. At the hospital Eri says she is okay with the operation now and wants to become a Jetman when she grows up. Next episode shows Tran with a flute.

Toxic Gas Mouse: Powers include mouth toxic gas that becomes acidic upon contact with metals, telepathic explosions from the right palm, teleportation, and regeneration by pollution consumption

Episode 36:

At some resort that isn't translated the Jetmen go on a bus ride for vacation, enjoying the countryside. Even Aya is with them ad Hawk rubs her shoulders to prevent her from cutting the vacation short. The bus stops at a hotel and they get off. After a bull with a medallion moos we see them taking pictures of one another followed by volleyball. Swan tells Condor not to smoke in the clean air before commenting that she wish time would stop. The two hold hands and Swallow throws a rock to interrupt their moment as a joke. Grey enjoys some classic music on his telegraph and Tran plays a sword-like flute. Grey tells him to stop and Maria says he is just a kid. Radiguet says Tran should suck his mom's teet before walking away which enrages him. Cut to hot tub shenanigans with Condor wanting a peek and Owl getting a nosebleed. Hawk tells them to stop and Condor says there are apes on the other side. Condor throws him on the other side and gets scolded. After that is breakfast- Oh the hotel is called Red Wood. Tran plays his flute outside which apparently controls ants, one of which causes Swan to eat her food a lot. Spooky! After that they head to a river to fry some fish, Owl catching a lot while Condor gets none. One of the farm families has some random mom being possessed and.... They are implying she ate their dog, but without any remains or blood this would be impossible. That night ants control the inhabitants and the next day Swallow wakes up to see a bunch of cow bones.... Without blood or entrails.... If this episode is trying to be horror you kind of failed on things being possible. The others are alerted.

Condor spots Swan eating all the food and she runs off. The others look at the bones which are too clean to be an overnight job from simple human eating. Swan then turns into a humanoid ant in front of them followed by townspeople burrowing up from underground. Tran appears and says he will turn the entire planet into gluttons. Aya notes the control is from the flute while the Jetmen fight the townspeople. Condor knocks Swan out and Tran pouts. The others transform as he attacks, but his telekinesis outwits them and makes him untouchable. He'd probably make a good Tzeentch themed chaos space marine, even Kharn would back off from this kid. Condor says Tran will pay as he laughs at them. A barrel gets deflected at him and Hawk calls him a kid which angers him. The possessive ants are then turned into Ant Bazooka. Tran unleashes him for revenge and has him grow giant sized after one blast from his right arm bazooka. BG gets called in by Hawk to become JG. The giants clash for a bit with an insert song in the background. The Garuda Burst stuns Ant Bazooka and Swan has JG use the Garuda Claw to blow him up. I have never seen a sentai monster get so little screen time. Tran trembles as the other villains show up, Radiguet- Okay, I officially cannot take this series seriously. "Attack the enemy needlessly" ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS!? Back in episode 30 he executed THE EXACT SAME METHOD! NICE CONSISTENCY! The three of them scold him for being childish and laugh at him so he runs away screaming. After that the six of them decide to play baseball with Swallow jokingly telling Swan not to eat the ball. Tran goes to a cave and says his anger will make him stronger faster. He throws his helmet down and begins to mutate and by mutate I mean have an adult body to make him the perfect jailbait for fujoshi. Next episode shows the premier of Tranza as he fights Hawk.

Ant Bazooka: Powers include a right arm bazooka and size changing

Donald Trump lacks truthiness on his Politifact fact checks! This is irrelevant to part 13!

Episode 37:

After a recap of last episode we see Tran now becoming the man Emperor Tranza while the Jetmen continue to enjoy their vacation at Yamada Ranch. Owl flunks at golf and the women talk about the nitpicks while Hawk does sword and ninja training in the woods. Some guy in a tree applauds him before jumping down to fight. Hawk is easily defeated like Bowser players in Mario Kart 150cc races. Meanwhile, Condor plays golf well and Swallow gets jealous as he teaches other women. Black coat guy that fought Hawk changes his clothes and does a better golf swing than Condor. This annoys him before rival guy sits near Owl at an outdoor diner and out eats the same ramen noodles he eats. An eating contest is done and Owl falls over full. Cut to Vyrock where Grey plays the guitar wondering where the hell Tran went. Maria thinks he won't be back and doesn't blame him. The Jetmen assemble to talk about rival guy before Radiguet shows up to say they should be thankful for him allowing him to die in a nice place. Rival guy appears to defend them and demands Grey and Maria appear too. Using electric bolts from his right hand he teleports them to his location. Here we find out rival guy is Tranza, everyone being in shock it was Tran. He telekinetically trows the Jetmen and they transform to fight, but unable to hold their own. Grey attacks for no reason and Trans slashes all three villains with a rapier before doing the same to Hawk except with him he uses illusions or something.

At Vyrock Tran sits on the throne which angers Radiguet only to be shushed. The Jetmen are still in disbelief at Tran becoming Tranza, Hawk especially finding the sword technique he used weird until he drags Owl away. Hawk practices sword training at a waterfall and Owl has logs sent down so they can be sliced in half. Hawk thinks he has to evade the logs and Tranza shows up to say he can't win before blasting energy blasts from his right hand. He grabs Hawk and teleports off with Owl contacting the others. Tranza takes Hawk to a quarry with.... A chained boxing arena? How odd. The others go around town to find them with Aya using a helicopter. YOU HAVE JETS SO USE THEM. Tranza brings out his rapier and uses the electrified chains to his advantage- Wait, those are barbed wires. Radiguet throws a fit after Hawk's cross changer comes off. Hawk eventually catches the rapier, but explosions occur to bust the arena up. Said explosions were from Torpedo Piranha who Radiguet commands I am assuming telepathically. Aya finds the fight going on and contacts the others. Tranza goes back to Vyrock to smack sense into his now underlings (technically he is emperor now). The Jetmen meet up and Hawk can barely move, forcing Aya to take him as the others fight Torpedo Piranha. Condor gets blasted midair followed by everyone getting hit by torpedoes at once. Hawk tells them to shoot for the mouth and they do so via bird blasters which destroys him. Tranza torments Radiguet a bit and redirects projectiles from Grey and Maria back at them. He calls Radiguet a fool and kicks him down before proclaiming they all will work for him now. Radiguet's mouth becomes bloody and Tranza blasts the trio until they call him Tranza. Next episode shows Owl giving Hawk a canister.

Torpedo Piranha: Only known power is lower mouth torpedoes

Episode 38:

The Jetmen fight a bio dimensional beast they don't name and use the Fire Bazooka once Hawk attacks a bit. A new bird blaster freezer beam is used to catch the bio dimensional bag and Owl gives Hawk a canister. Tranza zaps Maria for her incompitence (are we missing a few scenes?). Tranza teleports off after calling them useless while at a research facility some scientists get the frozen bug. One of them used to play rugby with Hawk a while back named Yanagi. The Jetmen arrive with the cargo which is prepped for dissection. Yanagi says he envies Hawk for being a protector of Earth. Yanagi thinks he can achieve something with the frozen bug. Also Owl is all alone outside as some odd sound occurs and he is knocked out by Hammer Chameleon lead by Tranza. In the lab Yanagi starts to get tempted as another scientist tells Hawk that the bug has special cells that prevent it from getting sick. Suddenly, Hammer Chameleon shows up to attack. Hawk and Yanagi take the canister and run before splitting up. However, Yanagi reveals that was a fake and he had the real one all along. Hawk finds out his was empty as Hammer Chameleon attacks. The others wake up Owl while Yanagi drops the canister in a pond upon tripping. Hawk catches up and fights followed by the others. Condor shoots Hammer Chameleon to make him visible and Hawk transforms. Hawk slices the hammer arm off, forcing Hammer Chameleon to disappear. The Smash Bomber is used on Hammer Chameleon which causes him to explode. Hawk confronts Yanagi about why the canister switch as we see underwater the bio dimensional bug merges with the severed hammer to become a second Hammer Chameleon. The other scientist is knocked out and Tranza shows up with grinams to explain to the Jetmen what we saw. Yanagi runs off just before they start fighting.

Hawk chases Yanagi to the facility where he confesses to switch cases. We find out here that Hawk was simply better than Yanagi in every way and that made him feel horrible. The new Hammer Chameleon attacks, Hawk taking the hit and Yanagi running. A rugby flashback occurs and Yanagi charges through a horde of grinams armed with a fire extinguisher. Toei also assumes invisibility comes with teleportation for the umpteenth time. He manages to use the extinguisher to prevent Hell Chameleon from remaining invisible, allowing Hawk to assault him. Hawk transforms as Hammer Chameleon's tongue grabs him and proceeds to fight like hell. Tranza enters the battle himself and it is a pretty good duel. Hawk damages Tranza's power glove.... Which still allows Hammer Chameleon to grow. BG is called in by Hawk to become JG and fight. In no time JG manages to gain the upper hand until Hammer Chameleon becomes invisible and hammers him from different sides. The Garuda Searcher is used to locate him and the Garuda Buster and Claws blow him up again. Hawk tells the scientists they will try to get another bio dimensional bug and Yanagi apologizes for jealousy. The episode ends with both friends playing pretend rugby. Next episode shows the villains and Aya in a casino.

Hammer Chameleon: Powers include invisibility, a right arm hammer that can extend short distances, teleportation, and a coiling tongue

Episode 39:

Tranza pushes Radiguet and Maria out of the way while Grey flips a coin. He proposes a coin flip to decide who fights them next and Grey wins, stating he wants no help and wants to do it his way. Maria notes the coin has two heads sides. Cut to Condor and Swan under a tree, the latter giving the former a gold locket and saying they can be a real couple once the Vyram are busted. Grey shows up proposing a bet. Condor rejects and Grey fires at them followed by unleashing Sniper Cat on them. Hawk and Owl show up to kick him followed by Swallow and some grinam soliders. The Jetmen transform and fighting ensues. During the fight Sniper Cat uses his rifle to turn everyone save for Condor into mini trophies. He uses his bird blaster to send Sniper Cat running and the bringer sword to fight Grey. The fighting goes on for a bit with Condor losing badly until his wing gauntlet damages Grey's chest. He manages to rip out part of his body before Grey teleports off. At Sky Camp Condor has no idea what to do while Aya confirms what he pulled out was part of Grey's heart. Grey contacts Condor when Aya leaves, stating he challenges him exchanging hostages and part of his brain. He does not have long as they will become statues soon and says to appear at Royal Casino. At Royal Casino Grey tells Maria not to interfere as Condor comes in wearing a tuxedo. The first game is roulette. Condor says he separated his circuit into four pieces as we find out some random girl will be the person to spin the ball around with Maria watching. The others start to suffocate in their statue forms.

Grey analyzes where the ball will go and determines red so Condor goes for black. Grey wins and part of his torso is restored. Condor mentions a possible bio dimensional beast attack to which Grey replies it is his body, he will reattach his parts himself. The colors are reversed this time while Grey leaks what I assume is oil and he wins again. Condor thinks he is cheating so Grey offers to have him spin the ball himself. Grey goes red and Condor goes black again, losing once more. With only one piece left Maria laughs at him. Condor claims he'll be his life on this one as Aaya appears to surprise the villains. Grey says Sniper Cat will kill him once he loses as he appears from nowhere. Random girl spins the ball again and Condors asks Grey why not risk his life too. Grey puts in all the Jetmen as Condor lays down the last circuit piece. Condor attempts to smoke, but the lighter is broken, revealing he was trying to remotely controlling the ball. Regardless, Condor still loses- Wait the ball turned so he wins. The Jetmen return to normal and Grey throws a fit. Maria points out he could not have cheated this time and we find out TB lifted the building to make it happen before shaking the place up. Everyone falls out and Condor gives the last circuit piece back, demanding a better duel next time. Sniper Cat is sent to attack, Condor gets wounded, and he grows followed by BG being sent out by Hawk to become JG. Sniper Cat out maneuvers JG, but teh Garuda Burst busts his gun and TB becomes the Tetra Buster to terminate him. At Sky Base Condor fools the others into thinking he was hurt because lovable jerkiness. Next episode shows the premier of the Neo Jetmen.

Sniper Cat: Powers include a sniper rifle that turns organisms into trophies and high jumping

North Korean's Koryo Airline is declared worse airline on Earth for the fourth year in a row! Also featuring harsh criticism will be part 14!

Episode 40:

Tranza blasts Radiguet and thinks he is planning something behind his back. Tranza then says if it is nothing he needs to stop looking terrified. Once he walks off Radiguet tells Maria he will make him kneel before him, but needs the help of her and Grey. They agree and Radiguet shows a rock twenty five thousand lightyears away he says can beat the Jetmen. Speaking of whom, they detect something on radar.... Which happens to be the space rock. The Vyram are pulling the rock toward Earth and the Jetmen show up to stop them. Grey fights them once they transform, easily taking out the men. The women reach Maria and Radiguet, the former quits helping him to fight them off. Radiguet then slips off a cliff. Owl throws rocks at them and the bird blasters are used on them. The space rock soon crashes to the ground and Radiguet crawls over to it to plant a bio dimensional bug on it. He does so, but his right hand is burned. Meteor BEM is formed from this and proceeds to be unphased by an assault from the Jetmen. This is retaliated with a beam from the torso that drains their energy. Even the beak smasher and bomb smasher prove unable to Aya tells them the jewel on Meteor BEM emits anti-birdonic waves. They find themselves unable to run while a military official walks into Sky Camp. Radiguet tells Meteor BEM to finish them off when five guys in black show up to fight him. They tell the Jetmen to return to Sky Camp as they beat the slug out of Meteor BEM. The torso beams do not affect them as they follow this up with a double barreled laser cannon. Meteor BEM passes out from a low body temperature. The military official tells them to come back in ten minutes. Later, Maria is in disbelief the Jetmen have allies like that. Radiguet says the cool down made him at his strongest while nobody is aware Tranza is watching. At Sky Camp we find out these are the Neo Jetmen, entirely military trained, and made of the same composition of birdonic waves thanks to reactors on their torso armor. Aya comments this is the first time they encountered an anti-birdonic jewel. The official says they are all under his authority.

The Jetmen complain at the gym even though the women like his looks. The others say to protest, but Hawk says that would make Aya look bad. The Neo Jetmen waltz in to taunt them and one lifts a heavy barbell with one hand. An alarm rings and we see Meteor BEM kaiju sized going on an explosive rampage. The official has the Neo Jetmen do everything despite complaints from Hawk. They take off in the jets and attack Meteor BEM like they would any monster, complete with stock footage. JI is formed soon after and uses its various weapons, but Meteor BEM proves to hard and even causes the Birdonic Saber to be broken. This causes JI to receive a royal smack down and loses its left arm. The official says they have no place for losers and can be replaced, forcing Hawk to punch him out. JI gets thrown around some more and is left vulnerable. JG shows up to kick Meteor BEM followed by him emitting body lasers. The lasers are draining JG's energy and the Jetmen find out they cannot transform. The Vyram have a toast and Tranza comments they will not celebrate for long. Next episode shows Aya arguing with the official and Meteor BEM in Sky Camp.

Episode 41:

After a recap of last episode (who often have I typed that for this series?) JG gets thrashed around with Tranza watching on a rooftop. Aya sends out TB to help which it does. TB does martial arts on Meteor BEM, but quickly gets countered. JG gets up and TB becomes the Tetra Buster and fires, causing Meteor BEM to explode. The Vyram throw a fit while JG falls over. Tranza controls the anti-birdomic jewel and places it JI. Cut to the official slapping the Neo Jetmen for allowing the regular Jetmen to save them. The computers say they can transform again soon. Speaking of whom, they worry about a Vyram attack. The official walks in disbanding the Jetmen with Aya trying to counter by bringing up common sense and that fails. Why the electric guitar music in the packground I do not know. Aya is willing to be expelled for them and he refuses. He reveals she hurt his pride by not being able to work on the Jetmen project and can now walk away laughing. Tranza laughs at his minions saying Meteor BEM was a great imitation as well as say this awesome line: "You guys are nothing more than a bunch of bad comedians." THANK YOU FOR THIS! Shout Factory if you release this series PLEASE KEEP THIS LINE IN UNLESS IT IS A TRANSLATION ERROR! The Neo Jetmen throw the regular Jetmen out of Sky Camp after we see the jewel exit JI. One of the Neo Jetmen thank the regular ones for saving them. The jewel reforms into Meteor BEM and I will not list this as a power because without Tranza he'd be dead. Aya and the official bicker about human feelings before the alarm goes off. Meteor BEM is found tearing up the engine room and the Neo Jetmen head in.

Tranza sits on his throne observing what is going on. He shows the others since this mission is decent and Tranza starts laughing. He then explains that he extracted Meteor BEM's heart before the body was busted. The Neo Jetmen, now in a closed off space, are unable to be as effective. The Jetmen pout as we find out Swallow smuggled out their cross changers. They listen in on the invading attack and head toward Sky Camp. Aya gives the supreme commander a beak smasher and he refuses. He wants the regular Jetmen back and Aya says he is a horrible person before walking out and helping the Neo Jetmen. They are soon sealed in by the supreme commander who says to defend the place with their lives. The Jetmen arrives and tackle Meteor BEM which fails. Instead he wades through everyone and busts a door down followed by the Neo Jetmen saying the supreme commander destroyed computer results that said they can transform again if exposed to a million volts of birdomic waves- ENERGY AND ELECTRICITY ARE NOT THE SAME, ELECTRICITY IS PLASMA! The Neo Jetmen sacrifice their torso reactors for said voltage while Meteor BEM attacks the supreme commander. The Jetmen show up to transform and fight. The fight somehow leads outside and the Jetmen shrug off the anti-birdonic energy because of the dosage or lack of consistency. The wing gauntlets are used to take Meteor BEM down along with the Smash Bomber. The bio dimensional bug falls off and grows big with Aya telling Hawk JI is fully repaired and thus can be used. Both giants go at it in the city, JI using the Icarus Ax a bit before calling in JG to form GI. One Bird Maser later and Meteor BEM is destroyed for good. Tranza scolds the underlings and once he walks off Radiguet throws a fit. Aya and the Neo Jetmen reveal they cannon be used again and the Jetmen are no longer disbanded. Next episode shows a robot named G2 and Maria fighting the Jetmen.

Meteor BEM: Powers include rock armor, a torso jewel beam, body lasers, and mouth flames

Episode 42:

At Vyrock we see a yellow robot named G2 awakening from a table. Tranza claims he built him and has G2 demonstrate his beam weapon. G2 malfunctions and tells the other villains to damage the Jetmen. Grey points out he hasn't done any better (horse manuer yes he has). A pair of grinams show up and Tranza has them use G2 as a test dummy while he claims he will make a robot better than Grey or JI. G2 gets chased around the trash area from a few episodes back before cutting to Condor and Swan having a fancy dinner at her place as she tries to teach him table manners. He says she should stop trying to fix him before Grey shows up to attack. G2 finds a door while being assaulted and heads through it, landing in a grassy plain. Grey chases the two Jetmen that don't call for back up or transform but rather run. Maria shows up to make things worse, but is easily dodged. G2 appears before Grey and begs for help as Maria continues her assault. Grey gives G2 a piec of his circuitry to make him feel better. The others show up to fight Maria, Hawk trying to make her remember she is Rie. Grey runs forward to keep fighting. Eventually Condor transforms before Maria is hurled off a cliff in the fight. Grey tries helping her walk before carrying her as G2 walks up to the two villains begging to be taken with them. Grey abandons him as he takes Maria to a cave where he says he wants to hear her music again. I am starting to see why /m/ loves this series: girl and robot romance! Maria whistles on a leaf which sounds like an NES track. G2 hears in on this and Maria shivers from the cold so Grey hugs her. Maria then shoves him off and tries to lie down. Hawk sees Maria and goes in, pleading to Grey she is human. Why he doesn't open fire is anyone's guess. He agrees to help until she is better aka the love trapezoid is now a pentagon.

Grey walks outside while G2 bugs him complete with NES leaf playing. Grey zaps him with a palm beam and says he was saved because he was a robot like him. Grey loathes that he can't warm her body and that is why she shoved him. Hawk makes a fire for her while being convinces she will be back to normal once she wakes up. Has he tried taking her hat off? Maybe that is where mind control is? He goes off to fetch more wood for what is a decent fire, allowing G2 to waltz in to look at Maria. He takes her out of the warm cave into the cool rainy night. Hawk notices her gone upon returning. The next day G2 is still carrying her limp body to give her to Grey. G2 falls over and rocks tumble down, he uses himself to save Maria at the cost of going down a hill. Hawk spots her and Grey attacks him. G2 gets up just as Hawk gets beaten up and takes direct hits to the gut without his clothes damaging aka Grey's weapons are weak as hell. The others show up and the Jetmen transform to fight. G2 still tries climbing up the cliff while the Fire Bazooka is summoned by Condor via permission from Hawk. Grey is unable to get out of the way and G2 tries to beam the Jetmen, but this flunks. G2 tumbles down and Grey is hit. Maria tries helping his bleeding body, but he refuses. G2 finds a leafy plant and takes a leaf to play NES music. Grey hears it, but concludes it is just the wind. G2 plays the leaf until his circuits shut down for good, causing him to explode. Next episode shows a small pyramid and Aya on an operating table.

G2: Only known power is a forehead beam
The ranger balance is getting really bad, did Owl's actor PO Inoue or someone on staff? He got a grand total of two centric episodes while everyone else gets reasonable screen time although Hawk has been getting a lot, almost to Flashman or Maskman levels of hogging. I notice sentai fans keep saying Condor is cool and whatnot, but he is just sassy and rebellious for a while before finally getting in line, he isn't that different from regular sentai members. The kaiju fights have improved over time which I like. The Neo Jetmen, at least to me, seem to be competent enough to make good allies for the regular team since most of their misgivings have to do with lack of experience rather than incompetence. I cannot say the same for the Vyram. At this point I am convinced that Juza did the vast majority of dimensional conquest and before they got to Earth Radiguet sent her to die but not wanting the place to be a sausage fest he brainwashed Rie. That would make his stupidity and Maria's role to some degree excusable because throughout the series his pride literally sends him to massive levels of stupidity and hypocrisy while Maria is not as powerful as him or Tran, she has literally no reason to be alongside them. Grey is even more useless, his weapons are weak and his armor has been busted up quite a few times, how the hell can he compete with entities that manipulate entire dimensions? He can't be Vyrock security if he is that slow, lounges around smoking and drinking, and can't kill anything. He can't even set clothes on fire, he literally does nothing Radiguet and Tran can't do themselves. I am convinced that Grey and Maria exist more for the love pentagon rather than something in-universe. Speaking of Tran, holy frick I am so glad this guy took over, not only is he the only other villain with powers worthy of dimensional conquest, but he is actually *gasp* SMART! A bit haughty, yes, but not to the point of sheer stupidity and has outright bested the Jetmen in direct combat! I have become very mixed with this series, I won't be ranking it in my top three yet the scientific inaccuracies haven't gotten to Liveman levels. The continuous tonal whiplash is not helping it, I can say that much.

Last edited:
Tom Brady's deflation gate suspension is over! Speaking of trouble here is part 15!

Episode 43:

Tranza looks at the silhouette of a robot he is creating supposedly better than GI. Radiguet mentions that if nobody will fight then the robot will be useless. After that we see a tiny blue pyramid in his right palm followed by Leech Drill approaching him. Cut to the gym where the Jetmen work out. Aya strolls in noting Condor and Swan are late. Hawk mentions that Swan's parents are in town and she is showing Condor to them. Owl asks if Aya dates and she replies that her marriage proposals from men are uncountable. In fact Swan comes in delivering roses. Radiguet's blue pyramid then strikes Aya's head psionically. She appears to be fine before we see Swan showing her parents Condor at a fancy dinner. They want to know more about him, specifically his occupation, specifically wondering if he is elite. Condor leaves because they judge him by appearance and Swan tries to appeal to him only to fail. At Sky Camp Aya smacks Condor and Swan for them leaving, commenting that the Vyram have gotten more powerful with time. She says after weapon upgrading there will be an endurance test for data reasons. That night she works on the beak smashers, Leech Drill somehow being a part of it since the camera edits to him in a zone of redness. At a quarry she gives the Jetmen their new beak smashers and crosses are set up to restrain them. They are then shocked and hit with beak smashers. Radiguet shows up with grinams to attack them. Aya refuses to release the lock at they get beaten. Hawk breaks out and fights back, taking the remote from Aya and letting the others go. Hawk has Aya run while they fight the grunts. The bringer swords are soon found out to be rubbery with the beak smashers exploding in their faces. The Jetmen confront Aya who just says she is acquiring data in a stoic tone. They give up their cross changers which Aya takes to the hanger where she places them in some sort of heater. Hawk catches this and stops her. She then becomes derranged and strangles Hawk. The others spot this with Condor punching her off.

Aya is given a CAT scan by the Jetmen. Swan notices something strange in her stomach which turns out to be Leech Drill. Turns out that last batch of roses earlier is how he snuck in. The computer also discovers that cell destroying energy is being emitted from him. An operation is attempted with JI, using unknown energy that will shrink them down for three minutes. A laser gun is used to make JI tiny and enter Aya's stomach. Leech Drill attacks from behind. JI fights back, but even the Birdonic Saber proves useless against its exoskeleton. Both are soon in the gastral intestines where JI starts to melt so they head back to the stomach. Wouldn't the stomach portion be MORE acidic? JI grabs Leech Drill who drains their energy.Swan tells them they are almost out of time and she can see the unconscious commander crying.... SOMEHOW THAT TEAR HAS BOTH JI AND LEECH DRILL! Swan gets them outside and Radiguet tells Leech Drill to finish JI off just as its last bit of energy is absorbed. JG shows up for a surprise kick attack with Aya piloting it for revenge against what he did to her. Eventually the Garuda Burst and Claw takes Leech Drill down for good. Aya comments that there is nothing scarier than an angry woman. Tranza laughs at Radiguet for failing and says to leave the rest to him as we see the robot silhouette being electrified. Next episode shows Veronica's debut trashing the mecha.

Leech Drill: Powers include mind control, cell destroying energy waves, twin drill arms, a mouth energy beam, a thick exoskeleton, and energy draining

Episode 44:

Tranza finishes Veronica with amazement from the others. Radiguet wants to see what it can do. Cut to Swan telling Swallow that she seems to be less interested in Condor. Swallow tells her they need to express their love more in a jokey tone and Swan loathes it. She then says they are from different worlds before mentioning Hawk. After that some random girl gets hand gagged by a grinam which pulls her into another dimension. Her boyfriend just misses it. After that we see Condor at the pool thinking about Swan and says he will never change before going for a swim. Another random girl from the pool also gets taken. That night a bunch of people are also nabbed and sent into what appear to be intestines. Tranza says that these people will serve as fuel for Veronica who has teleported into Tokyo. That morning the blocky structure reveals a humanoid outline. Only then does the alarm at Sky Camp go off. Veronica reveals its true self with the Vyram piloting it through Tokyo. Aya has the Jetmen attack in their jets as Veronica just walks around before actually destroying things. Inside Veronica we see people being slowly drained. JI is formed to fight, starting with the Shot Puncher which does little followed by the Icarus Ax. The Jetmen find it too easy with Tranza noting he will catch them by surprise. Veronica karate chops JI's Icarus Magna before flying in to fight. Ji soon finds itself on the lower end of the fight.

JG is summoned and Veronica mouth beam's it down followed by using its tail to throw it around. Veronica prevents GI from forming by rushing up and stopping it followed by slashes at JI. Tranza says this is the Jetmen's end which annoys Radiguet, remembering the times he could not do anything. He shoves Tranza out of the way who punches him down. This causes Veronica to become vulnerable, allowing the Birdonic Saber to stab it in the face. Veronica flies off before we see the mecha at Sky Camp being repaired. Condor comments about them being powerful with Owl retorting that they still have GI. At Vyrock Tranza scolds Radiguet and beats the tar out of him before saying he won't be let off easily next time. Grey confirms Veronica's repairs are finished and Radiguet expresses frustration. Veronica returns to Tokyo with Aya telling the Jetmen in the middle of their repairs. TB is sent out to buy them repair time who is quickly tripped down and thrown around via whip tail. The repairs are complete as they face Veronica as GI. Both go into combat quickly before the Bird Maser is used, but Veronica is revealed to have a round shield. A portal is opened up to reveal the kidnapped humans which Tranza tells them is Veronica's fuel source and that they will be hurt more if they resist. A tentacle form Veronica's torso penetrates GI which forces the Jetmen to abandon mecha. They get split up, Hawk and Condor exiting while Tranza kidnaps the others; notably Hawk doesn't call Swallow's name. Tranza says they will make good fuel before teleporting away- And now he doesn't mention Swan's name. Next episode shows GI in a rematch with only Hawk and Condor piloting.

Episode 45:

After a recap of last episode, Hawk and Condor ponder and rage, respectively. Veronica digests the humans with Swan, Owl, and Swallow being hooked up thanks to grinams. Tranza tells them their lives will move Veronica. Condor tells Aya they can't win with GI while Hawk says repair it anyway. Radiguet is in Veronica's cockpit saying Tranza will not get away with this as he plants a device on the control console. Repairs to GI and TB are being done during this when Veronica appears once more. GI is sent out upon being repaired with Hawk and Condor piloting alone. Aya wonders if GI and TB can join forces somehow. GI fires the V-like Great Beam from the forehead, but that fails. Veronica uses electric shocks from the tail to stun GI with Condor attempting to repair damage as Veronica walks forward. Condor gets multiple shocks from the electric currents which allows GI to avoid a slash attack. The others struggle inside Veronica with Owl managing to break free briefly before being restrained again. Condor gets back to the cockpit and the penetration tentacle is used again to keep GI still. Tranza presses a button and gets zapped with Veronica is unable to move. Hawk proposes to go inside Veronica and Condor says he will buy him a drink. Hawk heads off after saying he wants hot milk.

Radiguet and Tranza fight, the latter stating he won't forgive the former this time. Hawk makes it into Veronica via penetrator tentacle. Radiguet and Tranza fight near the nabbed people where the latter states he will give his life for the machine, forcing him to be restrained while Grey continues the fight against GI. Hawk fights grinams before encountering Tranza. Radiguet becomes red energy for a bit which allows him to drain Veronica's energy. This allows him to go free and point his sword at Owl. He says he won't let Tranza have them so he cuts Owl's bonds before walking away. Owl frees the women while Hawk gets his rear handed to him. Once the Jetmen free everyone they help Hawk and beak smasher spam. Hawk tells the others Condor is waiting and they run off. They enter the cockpit and the giant fight resumes properly. Aya finishes the work on TB who is sent out to help GI. Aya tells them to let TB ride the Bird Maser which they allow. The Bird Maser is shot and TB rams through it, causing Veronica to explode. Where the civilians went is anyone's guess. The villains teleport back to Vyrock weakened with Tranza noticing blood running down his forehead which causes him to do insane laughter. Maria notes Radiguet is missing as we see him a street tunnel. At a museum with Egyptian displays the Jetmen have a victory meal and Condor buys Condor that milk at the bar with Aya popping in. Hawk and Condor pass their drinks to each other and toast. Next episode shows people with tomato heads and Owl being nervous.

Veronica: Powers include flight, a sword, a mouth energy beam, a whip tail, a round shield strong enough to block the Bird Maser, a torso tentacle, right palm telekinetic shockwaves, electric shocks, and mouth mist

The penultimate part has arrived! Better known as part 16!

Episode 46:

Owl grows some tomato plants in Sky Camp which Swallow seems to like. One stalk is noticably sick which Owl rescued before it was destroyed from the previous owner. At a tomato festival Owl and Swallow go around looking at things although the latter is revealed to hate tomatoes. We see some yellow slime emit an energy wave which causes Owl to see people's heads as tomatoes. He panics for some reason and among the crowd we see Tranza in human disguise. The yellow slime is commanded by him to turn into his true form Tomato Great King (or King as I will call him to save on typing time). People surround Owl which cause him to cower. Grey tells Maria of his plans, but she can only think of Radiguet's escape last episode. We see Radiguet turning into a human in an ally way followed by him wondering around. His body gives off electricity that causes toys in a store to move. Owl wakes up at Sky Camp- HOLY CRAP A MASSIVE CAR ACCIDENT! Grinams attack the area and the Jetmen show up unimpressed. Owl sees the grunts with tomato heads which causes him to panic. King shows up and Owl calls him by name before running away. Eventually he gets called out by people again before being chased again. He heads into an elevator where tomatoes rain on him and King acts spooky. At Vyrock Tranza reveals King is Metamor, a creature from the First Dimension that controls imaginations to shapeshift such as fears. Apparently Owl fears tomato shapes more than anything. Tranza laughs upon saying the fun has just started. The others confront him and want info on King. Aya concludes it must be a childhood problem so they head to his grandparents' house. His grandmother shows him a picture of King he drew as a kid and he hated tomatoes back then and even had nightmares of the monster chasing him. In his dreams King turned people into tomatoes.

Condor tries hitting on two women when King shows up to turn everyone's heads into tomatoes. Hawk, Condor, and Swan show up to transform and fight. Owl and Swallow show up to help, they use the Smash Bomber to take him out- wait, that fails. Owl gets nervous, but Swallow gives him confidence. King throws a tomato on his beak smasher, causing him to panic. Tranza makes King grow and Hawk calls in JG. Owl is given a prep talk by Swallow at his tomato garden, saying he worked well on those. He remembers his nightmares while JG gets thrashed up. More talking continues as Swallow brings up the plant he saved which even made a tomato with his care. King throws JG around and Owl bites a tomato. King somehow gains pain from eating a tomato, allowing Owl to beat his fear. Also the fear memory being eased in his heart according to Aya. King gets thrown around and Owl is given tomato juice which causes King's head to be eaten. Owl goes on an eating spree with Swallow and Aya cheering him on. King's head is reduced to a tomato core (he isn't an apple, why this?) and JG terminates him with the Garuda Claw. The episode ends with everyone congratulating Owl for finally getting a third centric episode- err I mean conquering his childhood fear and tomatoes start growing again on the unhealthy plant. Next episode shows Tranza with a huge gun and dueling with Hawk.

Tomato Great King: Powers include a slime form, fear inducing, high jumping, teleportation, telekinesis, a tomato head beam, and a vine whip that emits electric surges

Episode 47:

Maria plays the piano while Tranza polishes his new gun. Maria thinks of Radiguet escaping a couple episodes back, thinking of where he went. Tranza plays the piano a bit once she is done, saying she is wasting time thinking of him as he is likely dead. Hawk places flowers on Rie's grave once again. He sees a man in white place flowers on a grave with his name on it. Hawk is shocked and white guy turns out to be Tranza. The area becomes red and the two engage in martial arts. Tranza then brings out his rapier once Hawk transforms. Tranza uses his telekinesis to restrain Hawk to a cross via chains as he swings on a swing laughing sinisterly. He tells Hawk to wait until his teammates arrive. Radiguet as a human emits electricity upon sensing Tranza, shocking neabry pedestrians. The others show up to help Hawk and cut his chains, but Tranza simply unleashes his arsenal on them. He soon pulls out his bio gun wave which turns Owl into a stone in a picture frame. Tranza takes Owl to take him to a taxidermy before blasting the others. Hawk goes off a waterfall in the attack and Aya tells the others to retreat. Tranza quips that running is useless as he walks toward Swan Michael Myers style. Radiguet spots the unconscious Hawk near a river while Tranza slowly walks after Swallow in a city. Hawk wakes up, finding his left leg bandaged up and asking why he was helped (remember, the Jetmen don't know of Radiguet's human form) to which he replies he hates Tranza. Swallow loses Tranza in a building and does rooftop jumping only for him to fire his bio wave gun to turn her to stone.

Swan encounters Tranza in a mall and runs while he walks. He corners her in an elevator where he turns her to stone too.... Without sound effects. Hawk stumbles and almost falls off a cliff, but Radiguet saves him. Hawk tells him they will both die if he doesn't let go, but his warrior side won't let that stop him. Meanwhile, Tranza tracks down Condor with a motorcycle with a machine gun, eventually having them fight and him turned to stone too. Hawk and Radiguet appear before him stating they will be part of his collection soon. Tranza somehow misses and Hawk transforms followed by beak smasher spam. Radiguet says to put both of their energies in the bringer sword and this redirects a shot of the bio wave gun back at Tranza. Haw jumps forward to arsenal spam. Tranza manages to grab Hawk and Radiguet reveals himself to both. He proclaims Hawk is now useless to him, making this a three way battle. Tranza takes a lot of damage from Hawk which causes the stones to turn back into Jetmen. The Fire Bazooka is called in and blasts a phoenix at Tranza which sends him tumbling down a cliff with burns. Radiguet uses his sword to impale his left hand demanding he be called Tranza. He eventually calls him Lord Radiguet. With that said, Tranza is now exiled to live among humans as Radiguet laughs and walks away. Tranza is casted up at a hospital where he is essentially a vegetable with insanity spasms. Remember when I said this series wouldn't be at Liveman levels of bad? Statement revoked as of finishing this. Next episode shows Maria becoming vampire-like.

Episode 48:

Maria has a bunch of grinams attack her stating the first to hurt her becomes commander. Radiguet says it is useless once they all fail. She notices he became stronger than Tranza (no he has not). Radiguet says that with his evil power Maria can be his queen which she would give for. He gives her his "holy" blood which turns into a starfish and attaches itself to her neck. Cut to Sky Camp where Hawk gets dressed up for someone's birthday complete with the women making snippy comments. That night Maria, in human form, manages to get a random driver to stop by faking a pass out. She then grows fangs and drains his blood. Radiguet claims in front of Grey she will become a demon beast. The driver's body is placed under a benched while at the bar Hawk celebrates the birthday of Rie, pretending she is there. His delusion talks and toasts him before going away as he thinks to himself they will be together for her next birthday. The next day we see Maria in white clothing doing her charm shtick to a random cop. Owl and Swallow are jogging when they see the cop's body convulse from the vampire bite. She does this to some random business man as the cop's body soon turns to ashes in front of the duo. After Maria finishes her third victim she runs off acting nuts. Soon her left hand mutates and Radiguet tells Grey she will become his puppet forever. After that he gets shocked as we see Maria growing large pulsating veins and horns. Grey confronts her only to get zapped by her new horns. She says human blood will change her before teleporting off. Cut to a theme park where Condor mopes around until two women he knows from the pool in earlier episodes tell him to have some fun. They go through a house of mirrors before seeing Maria and her charm works on him. Just as she prepares the fang sinking he shoves her away and realizes who she is.

Maria demands Condor accept her kiss and he makes it out of the house of mirrors. He avoids her and calls for help while Radiguet gets shocked. Just as the Jetmen show up a massive earthquake hits the city, causing lots of buildings to explode. Suddenly, a giant insectoid monster appears. JI is summoned by Condor to fight Ragem while Hawk talks to Maria. Once the flashbacks occur she turns into her monster form. During this, Ragem does nothing but stand around, his armor too much for the Birdonic Saber so JG is called in to become GI. Maria and Hawk got at it once the latter transforms. Ragem's armor proves too strong for even the Bird Maser as it begins to walk forward. His claws bust up GI easily. Hawk says he will take Maria back to the base and after a bird blaster use she turns back to Rie. He hugs her and she does the same, but is about to bite him. Maria says she won't kill him as she wants him as a slave. The blood starfish detaches from her neck and goes on his. Ragem continues to beat up GI while Hawk becomes a vampire himself. Next episode shows Hawk in a cage, Maria with blue facepaint, and her twirling with a bringer sword.

The end of the pre-Power Rangers era is being crossed! Without further ado here is part final!

Episode 49:

After a recap of last episode, the others at Sky Base are amazed at Ragem's strength, Owl saying it is incomparable (Semimaru and Veronica were close, so that statement is false). Hawk walks in saying they should repair GI. During this Maria continues her vampire sucking with Radiguet saying she is almost complete which enrages Grey. The Jetmen work on repairs when Aya spots Hawk going all vampiry. The others tackle him as he tries biting Swan, Condor resorts to ball punching. The next morning Maria sees a jogger she drained to turn to dust when Grey shows up. He tells her to stop and she refuses. Cut to Hawk in a jail cell demanding blood. Swan wants to know what is happening to him and Aya thinks the blood starfish is a growth. She thinks Ryu might be able to fight the mutation and Condor gets frustrated before Maria is spotted on the base monitors. Condor, Owl, and Swallow head out when they encounter Grey. He says Maria is humans just like them and still has a human heart although Condor disagrees. He says she can be turned back since he doesn't want her as a demonic beast. Speaking of whom Maria becomes more bestial and bloody with the Jetmen showing up to get zapped. They tell her to try and remember as Swan looks in horror at Hawk. She enters his cell and tells him he is stronger than this. Rie flashbacks occur and the blood starfish flies off with Aya destroying it with a beak smasher. Hawk goes back to normal while the others get gunned down (never knew your arms turned to guns when you become a demon). As Maria marches forward Hawk and Swan finally show up to help. Maria guns him down and gets whipped. Maria intends to suck is blood when Hawk hugs her and says his feelings will not change followed by a mouth to mouth kiss. The blood starfish flies off and Hawk cuts it in half witha bringer sword. Maria then turns into Rie, passing out.

Rie wakes up and Hawk says she is back to normal, but Radiguet spoils the reunion. He wants Maria back to live with him and she sides with him since she is now a Vyram commander. Radiguet claims it is her fate as he blasts the Jetmen. She sees a bringer sword and uses it to stab Radiguet in the back. She says she wanted revenge on him and gets slashed from his sword. He laughs and teleports away as Rie goes crazy, saying she has too much blood on her hands. Grey defends her from Hawk as Rie says as a final wish to forget about her to the point of memory erasing. Hawk screams as Grey carriers her off to a rocky shore. Rie thanks Grey, saying she doesn't want to die as she wants to restart things with Hawk again. Also, overexposure, keeping it amateur. As Hawk sobs in frustration she slowly dies. Grey carries her body into the coast and cries which causes her body to dissolve. Condor tells the others to look away as Hawk has a breakdown. Next episode shows Hawk and Radiguet dueling along with Condor and Grey.

Episode 50:

The Jetmen go kayaking save for Condor and Swan, the latter commenting that Hawk got over being depressed from last episode. Condor doesn't like something. That night we see Hawk tunning up the Fire Bazooka and thinks of the events of last episode which causes him to tear up. Radiguet sits at his thrown with a white flower in his hand, thinking about the back stabbing. He crushes it and throws the petals which somehow rains glitter. That morning Swallow serves coffee to Condor and Swan followed by Aya. Owl runs in saying Hawk is gone and has a letter that says he will avenge Rie himself. He calls himself a failure as a warrior as he leaves the Jetmen. Condor throws a fit and they go after him. Aya thinks that they can't beat the Vyram if he is blinded by rage. Radiguet somehow hears Hawk's heart beating. The others encounter Grey, Condor tells them he can handle this himself and they do so. Condor tells Grey they can finally end this. Grey replies that fighting is all he knows as the two prepare for combat similar to how karate tournaments start what with two open hands close to each other. Hawk and Radiguet meet at a quarry while Condor and Grey stare each other down before finally giving into melee. Hawk and Radiguet duel each other with swords and lasers. Jet Striker is called to form the Fire Bazooka, telling Radiguet he made an auto-pilot system as he holds him in place. Radiguet laughs as he tells Hawk not to underestimate him. One mouth beam cause the Fire Bazooka to blow up and Hawk goes back to civilian form after a blast. The others show up on Jet Bouncer firing the triple barreled gun on the roof. He tells them to stand back as this is his fight. Swan takes a blow meant for him which shocks them.

Hawk and Swan hide in what I am assuming is an abandoned shack. Hawk patches up Swan while Condor and Grey continue to go at it, the former loosing quite badly. Condor soon busts Grey's right shoulder cannon only for his visor to get a blast in return. Swan tries talking Hawk down and remind him why they fight. Hawk replies that he must avenge Rie when Swan tells him to remember her last words. Grey is about to finish Condor off with his brinder sword, but he ducks out of the way and aims for the shoulder cannon which inflicts heavy damage on him. This allows Condor to take his bringer sword and stab him in the abdomen. Grey congratulates Condor on defeating him and does not want his last moments to be seen. Condor lights Grey's final cigar and walks off as he thinks of Maria's piano playing. Owl and Swallow fail at fending off Radiguet with Hawk and Swan showing up again followed by Condor. The five Jetmen transform once Hawk says they will show him their true power complete with intros. They then form a flaming phoenix and ram through Radiguet which barely phases him aside from a bloody lip. Radiguet reveals his true power as he is revealed to be the monster Ragem. Next episode shows both mechs fighting Ragem.

Episode 51:

After a recap of last episode for the final time, Radiguet reveals that Ragem is his true form. That night JI appears for the final battle, Icarus Ax in hand. Ragem smacks it and JH is formed to use the Jet Phoenix, but the armor ends up being too thick. Ragem uses his tongue to catch JI and shock him with his mouth. JG shows up to help with Aya as the pilot, allowing them to form GI. Ragem's whip tongue proves too strong and TB is sent in to help as it punches Ragem in the back. The back is revealed to be weak because of the stab Rie did and GI aims for it. The Vyrock is sent in which just turns into light and encases Ragem in armor which he says is invincible. TB gets torn to shreds and a force field prevents the Bird Maser from doing anything. Hawk tells them to decombine with him as the only pilot of JG. Some wind is summoned which sends enough rocks flying to break of JI's left arm. JG breaks the armor by smacking the light on his head. JG and Ragem wresle with Hawk telling the others to use the Birdonic Saber. The hesitate, but he begs them to do it for humanity so they do it. Ragem's mouth spews up blood and before exploding he vows to haunt them forever. Hawk flies out of JG as it crashes and the others look for him. His suit disipates just as they find him and Swan wakes him up. They see Radiguet's helmet crash with Swan saying it is all over. Aya disagrees as this begins the start of a new age of humanity. After that they look at the rising sun.

Three years pass since the final battle, Owl went back to the countryside to farm when he gets a phone call from Swallow. She mentions Swan briefly about her wedding with Condor. Later we see Owl and Swallow prepping Swan before she goes off to become married to- Wait, she's marrying Hawk!? He didn't show any interest in her! Plus it was kind of obvious Swan moved on to Condor! Speaking of whom, he is running late as he is buying flowers, commenting that todat will be great. He spots some woman's purse being snatched and goes after the goon to beat the tar out of him. Just as he takes the purse back the goon takes out a knife and stabs him in the gut. The goon panics and runs off as Hawk and Swan agree to their vows. The ceremony is over and Hawk sees Condor on a bench (how is he not bleeding?). Hawk notices him not well to which Condor replies he drank too much. The two talk about the sky a bit and Swallow takes their picture. Condor says thanks to Hawk and pictures are taken with him smiling on the bench. Lots of slow motion nonsense here are Condor smokes a cigarette and dies. Hawk sees one last delusion of Rie smiling at him as everyone skips off followed by clips playing over the credits.

Ragem: Powers include reinforced armor, sharp claws, a mouth energy beam, a whip tongue, electric bite, and vyrock armor armored with a head beam that turns into tentacles, a force field, and wind gusts
All complaints from last time still apply except Hawk proves to be more of a camera hog, Radiguet revealing to be a kaiju makes little sense and comes out of nowhere, Condor dying at the end felt unnecessary, even more unnecessary was Swan up and switching lovers, Maria not being saved felt forced, and Tranza got an end so pathetic it hindered this series for me. The best villain in the series becomes an asylum patient, what fail. I think Radiguet could have been an amazing villain if the writing for the Vyram was more fleshed out, as he is he is pretty standard although hindered by stupid moments. For a few positives I will admit Aya become one of the better sentai mentors, Jet Garuda ended up being my favorite secondary mecha, the final battle was a bit creative, and Grey's last stand with Condor had enough nobility to it that I ended up enjoying it. I have to be honest if I watched this as a kid I may not have been that interested, half the episodes had romance crap to it to the point that I am not surprised Toei was losing younger fans and tries so hard to appeal to little kids with Zyuranger. Also, quit this meme that the series is "dark", it has some forced melodrama at times near the end, but otherwise it isn't. Granted the melodrama is nowhere near as bad as Flashman. Overall the mistakes that are literally rookie leveled brought down what should have been a standard sentai series into an okay one. This also confirms a pattern I've noticed where in every five series I end up really enjoying the fourth and the fifth ends up being a colossal step backwards. Now for rankings:

Great Five > Bio Robo > Jet Garuda > Turbo Robo > Star Five > Jet Icarus > Five Robo > Flash King > Goggle Robo > Live Boxer > Change Robo > Dyna Robo > Battle Fever Robo > Sun Vulcan Robo > DaiDenziJin > Live Robo > Turbo Rugger > Titan Boy > Land Galaxy

Changeman > Fiveman > Denziman > Bioman > Dynaman > Maskman > Goggle-V > Turboranger > Battle Fever J > Flashman > Gorenger > JAKQ > Jetman > Sun Vulcan > Liveman

When I get into Zyuranger and Dairanger I will be splitting both take ons into two parts with 25 eps each, giving monster of the week data and and opinions on each half. Lets end this on a light note!

thesaviorsofslashmslash.png

Last edited:
The Morphominon inspired by Jurassic Park and Dragon Quest is looking bright as we look into Zyuranger.

b0096882_19593755.jpg

Why yes, I did plow through this series this fast in two days!

Dora Titan: Appears in episodes 1 and 2. Only known power is a sword.
Dora Skeleton: Appears in episode 2. Powers include sword, head detachment, teleportation, eye blasts, pocket dimension with skeleton minions, and reformation.
Dora Minotaur: Appears in episodes 3 and 4. Powers include burrowing, twin head horns that fire energy bolts, a kanabo, a spiked shield, nostril flames, and teleportation.
Dora Sphinx: Appears in episodes 5 and 6. Powers include a human disguise, hurricane force winds from the wings, teleportation, tree merging, staff that launches fire balls, and forehead snake electric bolts.
Dora Goblin: Appears in episode 7. Powers include high jumping, invisibility to adults, teleportation, a rake that fire energy beams, an ultrasonic accordion that causes illusions, and horned helmet electric bolts.
Dora Circe: Appears in episode 8. Powers include a fork and knife, super speed, high jumping, nostril whirlwinds, and mouth suction.
Dora Cockatrice 1: Appears in episode 9. Powers include teleportation, dimensional cutting scissors, a human disguise, and flight.
Dora Cockatrice 2: Appears in episode 10. Powers include teleportation, dimensional cutting scissors, a human disguise, and and whip-like comb that fires crescent beams.
Djinn: Appears in episode 11. Powers include summoning spears, hand webs, telekinesis, a falcata that fire energy beams, wish granting, and turning individuals into balloons. As Dora Djinn he is equipped with a drill staff.
Dora Argos: eyeball dividing and reforming, nightmare inducing pocket dimension, eye energy balls, and main eye energy bolts.
Dora Ladon: Appears in episode 13. Powers include energy arrows that cause apple trees to grow on heads, high jumping, hand energy blasts, a head force field, a whip tail, unhinging jaws, and restraining snakes from the mouth.
Dondon: Appears in episode 14. Only known power is suction bottles.
Dora Knight: Appears in episode 15. Powers include a shield, a left shoulder mace, the Durandel sword which launches energy balls, and high jumping.
Dora Endos: Appears in episode 16. Powers include a clown disguise, golden sneezing pollen that can be turned into soccer balls, twin body vines, and spawning energy bombs.
Dora Pixie: Appears in episode 23. Powers include love inducting balls, size changing, love gas from the head horn, hand electric blasts, high jumping, and teleportation.
Dora Tortoise: Appears in episode 24. Powers include a repetition and pausing traffic light on the back, a baseball bat, a head cannon, teleportation, size changing, and a hook in the left arm.
Dora Tarantula: Appears in episode 25. Powers include a statue disguise, reforming insects into butterflies that emit sleeping powder, high jumping, six clawed arms that emit webs capable of electric shocks, mouth webs, launchable head needles, and eye energy bolts.
Episode 2 has a reporter that deserves his own ALIENS sub-meme or something relating to Dibb from Invader Zim. Notably the series narrator breaks fourth wall sometimes and in episode 12 he clearly pronounces Zyuranger with a Z sound. Wait a tick: Zoo = latin for animal, Juu = Japanese for beast, Judaism existed in the Before Christ side of history, clearly this means I am an Eggman robot! Or this is all connected, either way. Alright, time to get serious. The series is definitely on the kiddie side of things compared to previous series with only Goggle V, Turboranger, and Fiveman being anywhere near close. The action is as good as always. With the villains, they are easily the most jovial and happy-going in the franchise, a break away from the angry, stoic, and hubris zeal most of them have had, here most of them act as comic relief. Bandora is basically Queen Hedrian from Denziman again (given they have the same actress that was a given). I think Pleprechaun (if not for the name I wouldn't know he was supposed to be a leprechaun) might be the best since he's such a perfectionist grouch.:laugh: I also like the mythical theme for the monsters of the week and the camera angles used to give them a sense of dread when they grow, usually giant monsters in sentai just crouch down a bit or kick rocks, here they have slow moving walks and instead of just top down shots we get angles from over their shoulders to examine just how small the zyurangers are. This gives them a menacing appearance and is an example of how cinematography can benefit a series, hence why I bring it up in critiques. For the heroes, things are.... So so. Not counting the episodes with Dragon (I will say five instead of six because one was more dedicated to Lamy and the dino eggs than him). Tyranno gets a couple (the episodes with Dora Sphinx), Mammoth gets a couple, Pterano only gets one, and Trikera (because Japan thinks Cs automatically equal K sounds, can't blame them because English consistency sucks eggs) and Tiger both get three- Wait a second, /m/ says they get the least focus! I WAS LIED TO BY 4CHAN FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME! In all seriousness, ranger balance is like the reverse of Goggle V. As for Barza he's not as active as other mentors, but isn't bad for what he does. The music is definitely softer compared to previous series, these ones going back to 70s and early 80s sentai. Now lets get into the writing aka you give basic thought and nothing makes sense. I will note real quick this is the first entry in the series where the rangers have no means to communicate with one another across long distances. Usually they'd use their morphers, but that doesn't work here. Makes you wonder how they know where events are happening. Then there is the fact that they don't play into future shock like understanding social norms, using phones, driving vehicles, reading a language that didn't exist in their time, etc. Did Barza just teach them all this stuff between episodes 2 and 3? Then there are things like DaiZyuZin's really awesome foresight like predicting how a pair of dinosaur eggs will hatch 170 million years in the future or how he knew Tyranno would end the hatred in Dragon's heart. Technically Dragon Caesar is a part of him and he wouldn't be able to regain full strength without him. Plus in episode 6 he shows Tyranno an alternate future where Bandora turns Earth into a wasteland so it'd make sense he'd have this power. There is also the whole Dragon was needed to awaken Dragon Caesar, but I will go into that next time. On top of all that none of the prehistoric humans including the children seem to age 170 million years, I'm starting to see why many children 10 and up at the time up and left Super Sentai, manly because at this point they would be aware that people age.

Part of me also wants to comment about how DaiZyuZin punished the Delos citizens for being tricked into destroying his orchids, probably because they gave him a lot of Gaiatron (which I am assuming is mystical life force radiation since it comes from the sun and planet including basic life forms and as Changeman established the Earth is to some degree alive). Then I realized the continuity is out of whack, not just for this series's place in Super Sentai, but even its own mythos makes no sense- Why does Firefox spellcheck not recognize the word mythos? Dora Circe is a prime example of this: A pig creature that terrorized ancient Greece and in the modern day is created from the dora clay and Bandora's palace. You see what I mean here? How could something exist in the past when it is born in the modern day? I have an absurd fan theory that mystical cults like Egos or Desdark made these mythological beasts and Pelprechaun just recreates them, at least until Dora Cockatrice is revealed to be the guy 170 million years prior that tricked the Delos citizens. Did these monsters wonder the Earth after the gang was sealed away and throughout the early millennia of humanity they were slain to form these mythologies which Barza archived for future reference and during the events of the series the clay statues are used to bring them back from the dead to grant them new bodies? I know I'm over thinking this a lot, but the timeline the temple book that the zyurangers use presents straight up makes no sense. Then there is the "dinosaur extinction" which is the main argument I see fans use to say that not counting Sun Vulcan all sentai must take place their own separate universe aside from one crossover one Gokaiger uses. The problem is that, in series, they use the term "brink of extinction". Cognitive miser thought faculties would lead one to imply this only refers to the two dinosaur eggs being fought over, but being on the brink of extinction isn't limited to just two members of a species; the Florida Panther is a prime example as it was said to be going extinct a decade ago with only sixty or so members left alive at the time. Since in that timeline humans were able to establish kingdoms I'd imagine societal necessities like agriculture and domestication were normal, who is to say the humans couldn't have bred the dinosaurs out of endangerment? A hundred million years is a long time to recover from something like that. Plus if we take into account the proper extinction event of 65 million years ago which is part of the background for Abaranger and Kyoranger (I spelled that wrong, didn't I?) that would still validate the two eggs as the last dinosaurs in the sentai timeline, just not the last two dinosaurs WHEN THE DELOS GOT THEM. See where I am coming from?

My fanboy theories aside I am actually really enjoying this series and if they fix the ranger balance it has a good chance of making my top five by the time it is over.

Last edited:
Time for the other half! Yeah I have nothing.

Dora Burganan: Appears in episode 26: Powers include an energy tongue, an abdomen force field, a soft body, and head horn energy blasts.
Dora Guzzler: Appears in episode 27. Powers include winds suction from the mouth, jawed flowers and hands armed with venom, eye lasers and energy waves, and arm extension.
Dora Franken: Appears in episodes 28 and 29. Powers include neck bolts on a chain, a wrecking ball, a mouth heat ray, and mutate into Zombie Franken.
Zombie Franken: Appears in episodes 29 and 30. Powers include teleportation and a wrecking ball.
Satan Franken: Appears in episodes 30 and 31. Powers include hurricane winds from the wings, eye torso energy bolts, high jumping, and mouth acid spray that can also form toxic gas.
Dora Narcissus: Appears in episode 32. Powers include constricting roots, life force absorbing, life restoration, size changing, and eye blasts.
Dora Raiger: Appears in episode 33. Powers include dimensional manipulation, levitation, a pair of hair ropes that emit electricity, explosive mouth mist, teleportation, rain summoning, long nails, and telekinesis.
Magic Spinning Wheel: Appears in episode 34. Powers include flight, body spikes, and emitting hot sparks.
Dora Ninja: Appears in episode 35. Powers include jumping, a kama on a chain, a ninjato, a left arm cannon, teleportation, and bright eyes.
Dora Gunrock: Appears in episode 36. Powers include dividing into rocks and the Gunrock Cannon in the abdomen that fires sticking heavy rocks.
Dora Jinjiao: Appears in episode 37. Powers include teleportation, a micronizing gourd, the Bisjoo Fan which emits hurricane force winds, torches, a rake, needle bombs on the crown, and a bo staff.
Dora Silkys: Appears in episode 38. Powers include a life draining tongue, acid mouth webs, and mind control.
Goda: Appears in episode 39. Powers include three blades in each wrist, eye lasers, head electric bolts
Dora Mimic: Appears in episodes 40, 41, and 42. Powers include disguises, teleportation, jumping, and an eye laser.
Dora Antaeus: Appears in episode 43. Powers include large claws, reformation, attack energy absorption, electric torso spikes, dual shoulder machine guns, and head and back horns that emit electric bolts
Antaeus Heart: Powers include levitation, constricting arteries, and vein energy beams.
Dora Chimera: Appears in episode 44. Powers include entrapping tornadoes from the mouth of the torso goat head, invisibility, high jumping, mind control, a bow and arrow, eye lasers, goat head mouth freezing mist, and a hockey stick.
Dora Unicorn: Appears in episode 45. Powers include teleportation, flight, forehead horn energy blasts, hurricane winds from the wings, and eye electric bolts and energy balls.
Dora Mirage: Appears in episode 46. Powers include disguises, a sword that can turn into an energy whip, illusions, and telekinetic explosions.
Dora Talos: Powers include Talos Missiles from the torso, Talos Beam from the horn, fists on chains that emit electiricty called the Talos Punch, head electric ball, and twin wrist blades.
Grifforzar: Powers include flight, a sword that emits fire, eye fire balls, and finger lightning.
Lamy: a rock form, a bladed boomerang that can be coated in energy, a left hand claw that launches fire balls, scorpion bombs, forehead laser, and a head scorpion tail.
Dai Satan: Powers include flight, eye energy bolts, mouth toxic gas, telekinetic explosions, head lightning, and toxifying water.
So yes DaiZyuZin predicted only Dragon could awaken Dragon Caesar and demonstrated he can predict when eggs will hatch. Ranger balance has improved with Mammoth being short by one centric episode. Tyranno got a bit much, but many of them were with Dragon so it made sense. Dai Satan was a bit of a let down, here you have THE enemy of the cycle of life.... And one regular Grand Banisher blew him up. Granted the series made up for this with the well written tragedy of Dragon, the recurring themes, and it reuses lots of previous episode structures from past sentai like the JAKQ homage (specifically the episode where Big 1 and Iron Claw have a disguise battle around town) in episode 38 and going to Namegawa Island in episode 36. After the first Dai Satan attack I noticed it started acting more like a standard sentai series instead of the RPG adventure it was going for. Then there was episode 39, Bandora took an innocent monster's soul and the Zyurangers had to slay it, wow that was despicable. I find it weird that once the Bandora Gang gets new clay the golems are more threatening for a while, but become normal soon after, making the Thunder Slingers appear to be unnecessary. Yes previous sentai weapons are usually the same way, but not when the enemy makes more of itself with every hit like here. The ending was nice and heartwarming, even the villains got some happiness in the end despite their wickedness. Why did they villains become evil? Because Bandora didn't teach her son that animal cruelty is a bad thing; some people are not meant to be parents. Technically it is Kai's fault, but his mom should have a addressed that. Digressing back on topic, the Zyurangers going straight to heaven with the kids waving goodbye is not unlike the finale of Return of Ultraman, saying farewell to the heroism that kept their lives and spirits alive even in the worst of times. On top of all that is has some of the best music in the franchise! Not THE best, but still.

Time to make some rankings! Mammoth not getting enough episodes, Dai Satan being taken out easily, and writing holes are what kept this down, but third place isn't bad, it is pretty much a refined version of Denziman with aspects of later series.

Carrier Mecha/Mecha Bases:
Magma Base > Turbo Builder > King Brachion > Denzi Tiger > Battle Shark > Goggle Caesar > Sky Ace > Dyjupiter > Machine Buffalo > Jaguar Vulcan > Bio Dragon > Varidreen > Varibloom > Star Condor > Shuttle Base > Turbo Ranger > Varikikyun > Gran Tortoise > Round Base > Big Baser

Mecha:
Great Five > Bio Robo > Jet Garuda > Turbo Robo > Star Five > DaiZyuZin > Jet Icarus > Five Robo > Flash King > Goggle Robo > Live Boxer > Change Robo > Dyna Robo > Battle Fever Robo > Sun Vulcan Robo > DaiDenziJin > Live Robo > Turbo Rugger > GouRyuJin > Titan Boy > Land Galaxy

Series:
Changeman > Fiveman > Zyuranger > Denziman > Bioman > Dynaman > Maskman > Goggle-V > Turboranger > Battle Fever J > Flashman > Gorenger > JAKQ > Jetman > Sun Vulcan > Liveman

Next week I will begin the run through on Dairanger aka another "one of the best" sentai up there with Liveman, Jetman, Timeranger, and Shinkenger.

Last edited:
The stars are shining as we kung fu fight our introduction to Dairanger.

8d741744eb1ea00ac75ed58b0ee26e231436615568_full.png

This one took a week to do because of real life issues.

Baron String: Appears in episodes 1 and 2. Powers include a long jawed tentacle for the left arm, a human disguise, head tentacles, an eye beam, and electric shocks.
Purse Monk: Appears in episode 2. Powers include a hammer, flying monk heads, and a human disguise.
Key Jester: Appears in episodes 3 and 4. Powers include a human disguise, matter opening keys, teleportation, flying puppets powered by souls, right shoulder key missiles, head key scissors, and a key sword on a chain that emits electric surges.
Lipstick Songstress: Appears in episode 5. Powers include turning into floating lips, a sword, mind control lipstick, a musical mouth beam called the Songstress Violent Song, emitting a painful sing called the Soprano Attack, high jumping, and teleportation.
Iron Face Chouryu: Appears in episodes 7 and 8. Powers include samurai armor, telekinesis, teleportation, telepathic explosions, creating fissures via stomping, a murasame, intangibility, and fire manipulation.
Archbishop Saw: Appears in episodes 7 and 8. Powers include a human disguise, palm telekinetic bolts, twin saw swords, teleportation, and mouth flames.
Duke of Cards: Appears in the movie. Powers include a human disguise, mind control cards, broadcasting, eye energy bolts, a skateboard card capable of teleportation, jumping, charging cards with energy to form bombs called the Trump Shuriken, micronizing top hat, kaijin revive, a staff, and fusion.
Card Combo: Appears in the movie. Powers include Gama Dunk, Key Sword, Lipstick Sword, and String Electricity.
Master Mirror Makeup: Appears in episode 9. Powers include a mirror disguise, a wrapping tongue, mirror blasts and flashes, psychic glass shattering called the Vanity Reflect, a sword, and illusions called the Kaleidoscope.
Kujaku: Appears in episodes 9, 10, 16, and 23. Powers include a peacock disguise that emits energy and fire, twin daggers that release ch'i as a beam, throwing feather-like knives, teleportation, feather darts, telekinesis, energy balls, and teleportation.
Cherry Blossom Viscount: Appears in episode 10. Powers include violence inducing flower petals from the head, invisibility, and head wind gusts.
Father Magnet: Appears in episode 11. Powers include a human disguise, a magnetic inducing rod, super electric road tornado from the palms, teleportation, and a magnetic horseshoe.
Tofu Hermit: Appears in episode 12. Powers include a human disguise, hypnosis, a trumpet that emits sake and teleports, a butcher knife, a round shield, mouth flames, and high jumping.
Kabuki Boy: Appears in episodes 13 and 14. Powers include possession, teleportation, wooden nunchucks, and a constricting tongue.
Funeral Figurine Ventriloquist: Appears in episode 16. Powers include turning humans into dolls via mouth ray and a puppet that uses hand strings called the Drill Wind Marionette, a claymore, and reformation.
Heatwave Hood: Appears in episode 23. Powers include face flames that cause mystical fevers, a thorned sword called the Hellfire Sword that launches fire balls, flame bursts from the ground, body prison called Sultry Hell, and hologram spawning.
Copy Empress: Appears in episode 25. Powers include a human disguise, a camera with a copy beam, a torso photocopier that replicates humans, and a claymore.
Wow that butt touching in episode 11 was questionable, speaking of which this series seems like a comedy. Yes, it ditched being kiddie to set it apart from Zyuranger, but the humor is more bonkers than usual for a sentai series. Master Kaku is pretty standard so far and there is nothing wrong with that. Gotta love how Ryu's sister, Youko, only appears for three episodes before never being seen again, teasing into thinking she'd be a minor character. For ranger balance Ryu and Houou get decent screen time while Shishi and Kiba are more or less camera hogs, the former taking up every episode Kujaku has appeared in so far and the latter having all the centric focus for SIX EPISODES IN A ROW. I know Dragonranger was similar when he premiered, but it mixed with Tyrannoranger and they took a break to introduce Lamy. Tenma gets three centric eps while Kirin gets two, I'm noticing a pattern that if push comes to shove Toei will tend to abandon yellow rangers for some reason, sometimes blue rangers getting the shaft too. In fact every other ranger gets their special powers introduced in the first two episodes, but Kirin's is not revealed until episode 15 (technically it was in the movie first, but you get my point). I like how eyecatches try to indicate who gets centric attention even through it is sometimes flat out wrong. The giant monster fights are unique as they add martial arts with Ryuseioh and Won Tiger. The music is fine and fits the tone and Chinese of the series. Then comes the villains and OH LORD I THINK BLACK MAGMA HAS A RIVAL IN SHEER WHY THE HELL DID THEY END UP LIKE THIS? For some reason they keep using trios (the main trio being Shadam, Zydos, and Gara) who do literally nothing but walk up to gorma monsters and tell them what to do with the occasional self defense from the dairangers. They do so little and rarely even talk with one another except for the bits between Shadam and the son he gave up to Tenpo, the general and who I assume second in command after Emperor Gorma. Speaking of the emperor he is.... Really childish and lazy, this is their ruler? Really? Kind of nonthreatening. Then there are these flying orbs, do other people see them? What are they? Why are they around Tokyo? This wouldn't bug me so much if we knew at least where the Gorma HQ is which is only seen in two episodes thus far. Where is it? Japan? China? Somewhere else? Why is there a dusty filter over the lens? Is their headquarters is on Mars (out of context, if you look at the establishing shot, that comes to mind)? It is very strange and they can't even explain WHERE THEY ARE; I've never seen a toku series that does this! Even Red Baron eventually states Professor Devilar's lab is beneath the Pacific near the coast of Japan. I find it weird that Jetman gets noticed for having villains "undermine each other" when this series has more of it. Kameo I will leave alone for now. Supposedly this is among the top five for most sentai fans, gotta admit folks, really not that impressed at this point. I'm sure there will be more to this series when we get to it, I admit it is still entertaining and there is hope.

Expect the second half some time late next week.

Last edited: