Apparently, Saban stole my idea...

It's not even your idea. You wrote a fanfic. Fanfics are just taking something already there and ramming your own characters into it.
 
I can understand why he's agitated. Coming up with storylines isn't easy, and when you strike one that you like and believe to be original, you're proud of yourself. And once you are able to flesh it out more and make it into a full-blown series, or fanfic in this sense, you really feel like you've accomplished something and to have someone seemingly "pilfer" your idea like that is demeaning in a sense.

yes it is hard to write your own story, I understand that because I've written a lot myself, but even I know that many of the things I've written have been done before or are influenced by something I've seen or read. The storyline that S_M described for his series is a story that has been done many times before, so I don't understand how he can be agitated.
 
I'd just like to make a point that I just realized. I've been doing PR fanfics since 2008 & have come up with stories for American versions of Go-onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger & Gokaiger. Now, last year, I began posting what I had so far online- and this was in June of 2010.

Plot synopsis for my fanfic, Power Rangers Eternal Sect-
4000 yrs ago, an evil warlord tried to conquer Japan and take the Emperor's sacred power, the Haburi, upon himself, but the emperor's five most trusted Samurai took the power upon themselves & defeated him, sealing his army away in purgatory, then created the Eternal Sect, teaching their skills to the eldest child up through the ages to today. Now the evil has returned.

Plot synopsis for Power Rangers Samurai, which began conceptual stages in May 2010-
In ancient times, an evil force brought civilization to it's knees, but five Samurai stepped forth and used their symbol power to send him and his army into purgatory, then passed on their skills to the eldest child throughout history to the present, now that evil has returned.

It appears that PRS is a warping of my PRES with Shinkenger and the terrible humor of MMPR... WTF!?!?!?!!!

 
So you're saying Saban stole an idea from which you also stole yourself?

It is like your dreaming within a dream that is also within a dream............INCEPTION :O_O:
 
^ In that case...

I'd just like to make a point that I just realized. I've been doing PR fanfics since 2008 & have come up with stories for American versions of Go-onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger & Gokaiger. Now, last year, I began posting what I had so far online- and this was in June of 2010.

Plot synopsis for my fanfic, Power Rangers Eternal Sect-
4000 yrs ago, an evil warlord tried to conquer Japan and take the Emperor's sacred power, the Haburi, upon himself, but the emperor's five most trusted Samurai took the power upon themselves & defeated him, sealing his army away in purgatory, then created the Eternal Sect, teaching their skills to the eldest child up through the ages to today. Now the evil has returned.

Plot synopsis for Power Rangers Samurai, which began conceptual stages in May 2010-
In ancient times, an evil force brought civilization to it's knees, but five Samurai stepped forth and used their symbol power to send him and his army into purgatory, then passed on their skills to the eldest child throughout history to the present, now that evil has returned.

It appears that PRS is a warping of my PRES with Shinkenger and the terrible humor of MMPR... WTF!?!?!?!!!

 
I'd just like to make a point that I just realized. I've been doing PR fanfics since 2008 & have come up with stories for American versions of Go-onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger & Gokaiger. Now, last year, I began posting what I had so far online- and this was in June of 2010.

Plot synopsis for my fanfic, Power Rangers Eternal Sect-
4000 yrs ago, an evil warlord tried to conquer Japan and take the Emperor's sacred power, the Haburi, upon himself, but the emperor's five most trusted Samurai took the power upon themselves & defeated him, sealing his army away in purgatory, then created the Eternal Sect, teaching their skills to the eldest child up through the ages to today. Now the evil has returned.

Plot synopsis for Power Rangers Samurai, which began conceptual stages in May 2010-
In ancient times, an evil force brought civilization to it's knees, but five Samurai stepped forth and used their symbol power to send him and his army into purgatory, then passed on their skills to the eldest child throughout history to the present, now that evil has returned.

It appears that PRS is a warping of my PRES with Shinkenger and the terrible humor of MMPR... WTF!?!?!?!!!

Kyon%2525252525252Bfacepalm3.png
 
Ok, I'll try to explain this a bit more. With my fanfics, I rarely actually use anything more from sentai than the designs, most of the time I even create my own antagonists, shying away from the sentai versions. If I use any of the actual stories from, sentai, it's always in one or two random filler episodes, and only if the general concept is actually a good idea and a good fit for my series.

The reason I'm annoyed is that actual PR did not in Samurai and the one thing they did make up- the backstory- is identical and used in the same context as mine.
 
Ok, I'll try to explain this a bit more. With my fanfics, I rarely actually use anything more from sentai than the designs, most of the time I even create my own antagonists, shying away from the sentai versions. If I use any of the actual stories from, sentai, it's always in one or two random filler episodes, and only if the general concept is actually a good idea and a good fit for my series.

The reason I'm annoyed is that actual PR did not in Samurai and the one thing they did make up- the backstory- is identical and used in the same context as mine.

I'm gonna take it on good faith that you're being serious here, and attempt to explain this very simply.

All of the elements of the backstory that are "identical" between your fic and Samurai are also present in Shinkenger. These elements are: an evil force rises up, five samurai seal the evil force with their power, passing the powers down from generation to generation, the evil force returns in modern day.

The details included in your story that are not present in Shinkenger are also not present in Samurai. These elements include the evil force being a warlord, his rising up 4000 years ago, the name of the power being "Haburi," and the ones opposing him being specifically "the Emperor's most trusted samurai."

You have absolutely no justification for feeling Saban ripped you off. Everything that is similar between your story and Samurai is present in Shinkenger; everything that is changed between your story and Shinkenger is not present in Samurai. Make a venn diagram if it will help you.

Incidentally, for the sake of your fic, I feel I should mention to you that there were no warlords, samurai, or Emperors 4000 years ago in Japan. Even taking their own folklore into account, the Japanese Imperial line only goes back to about 600 BC; the rise of the warrior class as a serious political and military force didn't begin until the 12th century AD, and the formalization of the samurai caste only took place in the 1600s.
 
A) I thought the idea for Shinkenger was a family of warriors with Samurai links have always existed to fight the evil lords of the Sanzu River &, when things get bad the current heir gathers four random peiople to become his apprentices & fight him.

B) Yes, I know there was none of this in Japan 4000 yrs ago, I was kind of going for a "The Lost Chronicles of History" thing.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top