2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
special.png

http://henshinjustice.net/2013/08/01/kamen-rider-tv-special-confirmed/
TV special confirmed, Gaim is appearing in it too. So the rumors about the whole Heisei celebration thing is probably true.

This isn't old news, is it? lol, I've been outta the loop for a while.
 
The idea of a TV special feels pretty uninteresting when there's, like, 2 or 3 Kamen Rider movies every year.

Well, since it's for a Heisei anniversary, maybe they'll feature the early Heisei Riders for once, who are generally just ignored in the crossover movies (aside from Den-O and Decade, I guess).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1005325_566519883406852_748001419_n.png
Acorn,Pinecone,and finally Durian~!!!

Wait, are those three extra Riders already on top of the initial five? Am I reading that right?

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed that they're just called "arms".
 
Last edited:
Wait, are those three extra Riders already on top of the initial five? Am I reading that right?

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed that they're just called "arms".

Yeah, those are the Arms for the Griton we know little about. Strange choices. Curious about the character a little more now.
 
Well maybe he's some kind of a nutcase? hence the nut theme? I dunno, just trying to make sense of this whole thing. Nuts... First fruit, now nuts.
 
Wizards had tons of transformations! How do we make more.
Add more riders. And give each tons of transformations!

Wizard having so many transformation is one of the things I didn't like about the show. I hated how it feel like that Wizard has a new transformation once every three episodes. I like how Kuuga, Ryuki and Blade handle their forms. Not to mention the post-Decade riders tend to spam their final forms too much in my opinion. It reminds me how Goku was with his SSj4 form in GT.
 
1005325_566519883406852_748001419_n.png

Acorn,Pinecone,and finally Durian~!!!
This has me pretty interested in this Rider. He's clearly being set apart from the rest in a lot of ways, and now this? Might be cool.

Also, I love the acorn design, now that I can see it.

I'll be honest. I'm liking the design. Who cares if it's supposed to be based on fruits. They look cool. Sure, the orange slice sword make me snigger, but sorry, I'm a sucker for cool armor.
I like you. Let's hang out and have some fruit salad.

Wizard having so many transformation is one of the things I didn't like about the show. I hated how it feel like that Wizard has a new transformation once every three episodes. I like how Kuuga, Ryuki and Blade handle their forms. Not to mention the post-Decade riders tend to spam their final forms too much in my opinion. It reminds me how Goku was with his SSj4 form in GT.
Just saying, but Wizard has actually less forms than Kuuga if you don't count movie forms.

It's close, but I'm pretty sure Kuuga wins - and then, if you do count movie forms, there's that monstrosity from Decade that should at least tie it.

I agree that the other shows handled the forms better, but in terms of volume, it's not exactly a new thing.

Right now, for all we know, the Arms will be handled like the Switches were - not like new forms, but alternate weapons to use as the situation requires, and if that's the case, they might not be so bad to see in use at all. If not, well... Not every Rider handles their forms badly. Wizard certainly could have done a much better job, Fourze too, really, but W at least did well enough that I won't count it out just yet.
 
I'll be honest. I'm liking the design. Who cares if it's supposed to be based on fruits. They look cool. Sure, the orange slice sword make me snigger, but sorry, I'm a sucker for cool armor.

My issue with the designs isn't that it's fruit specifically. If they were able to get that idea to work visually, I have no problem with it. Unfortunately, they just look dull. I don't like that they hardly even look like Riders, though Ryuki proved that the designs can still work even without the bug-eyes. But Ryuki's designs felt specific, they felt constant. These designs are so loud in color, but shapeless in design, that it just looks bland.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top