2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all that grimdark crap is just what Kamen Rider needs! Madoka is the reason why I'm worried about this guy coming near Kamen Rider ...

With regard to cast size I would like to point out that big casts were common in early Heisei Rider and no one seems to mind that. From the descriptions we have, it seems like everyone but the Riders and heroine will be supporting cast; and the Riders won't all be introduced at once (Guriton doesn't appear in first quarter toy listings. The TV-Asahi site doesn't list Yuki Kubota's character as a Rider yet.) I think a problem that people had with Fourze is that all the KRC were treated as main cast and expected to be in every episode/involved in every plot even when there was very little for them to do

Consider that Urobuchi aped Kobayashi's Ryuki for one. :P
 
I'm actually more concerned about how they'll handle the amount of characters they have.
We have the 4 Riders, 5 extra dancers, Kota's sister, the Droopers owner, Sid, and DJ Sagara.
That makes for 13 main characters without even counting the sides or the possible main villains.Last time we got the huge cast thing was Fourze and a lot of the characters ended up lacking development or any relevance in the story.

Yeah, but wasn't Wajima shown at the initial press release meeting thing? Along with Wizard and Koyomi et al? He's hardly a "main" character. He's there, and he has a bit of importance at times, but he's hardly a driving force or taking up a lot of screentime.

The way I see it, if you are pushing that your story is about breakdancing gangs, you should show as well as tell. Show us these gangs, let us know what's going on, don't just mention them in passing and present us with four Riders and the token girl.
 
something to remember is that Urobuchi also wrote for Black Lagoon, a series that was more gritty than dark, but also had comedic moments when it needed to

plus, there's obviously going to be more than one writer for the serie, so Toei might pick out a secondary writer who might fit the series a bit better
 
Last edited:
I definitely think Urobuchi's mellowed out since his time on Madoka and Fate/Zero. At least to the point where he can make something "grimdark" like Psycho-Pass while still being able to write something decidedly more positive like Gargantia. I think that Gen understands the type of audience that's going to be watching Gaim and is going to match his writing accordingly.

Even if he was going into Gaim with a mindset similar to his previous shows, I doubt Toei or Takebe would let him go too far.

On a personal level, while I don't mind any deconstruction to a certain degree, I don't really want Rider to go back to the type of tones or plots of Aikawa or Inoue Rider shows.
 
On a personal level, while I don't mind any deconstruction to a certain degree, I don't really want Rider to go back to the type of tones or plots of Aikawa or Inoue Rider shows.
Tough ****! Were going back to Heisei era basics! This Neo crap stops here!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top