2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's still the Heisei period? "Neo-Heisei" implies that the emperor died, and a new emperor with the convenient name of "Neo-Heisei" took over a few years ago, when we all know that isn't the case. Furthermore, Toei still (as far as I know) hasn't given any title to this "era" of Rider, and probably won't for that matter.

We're talking about the same series that considered Kuuga the first Heisei Rider though, in spite of not being the first Rider created during the Heisei years, or the first Rider tv show running during them. Although it's true that Toei doesn't use "Neo-Heisei", your reasoning makes it sound like stretching its meaning would be an offense, in spite of Toei having already done it themselves.

Also, "Neo Heisei" can easily stand for "New period (for the Rider franchise) in the Heisei era" and not necessarily "period of the Rider franchise corresponding to the non-existent "Neo-Heisei" government".
 
Because it still IS the Heisei period? Neo is used as an "After" type of thing.

Because it's still the Heisei period? "Neo-Heisei" implies that the emperor died, and a new emperor with the convenient name of "Neo-Heisei" took over a few years ago, when we all know that isn't the case.

We're talking about the Kamen Rider series. Post-Decade Rider has a different setup from Pre-Decade, namely that it's back in a shared universe. If there was a new emperor there would be a completely new name for the era in general, much less the show, so I don't see what your 'emperor' argument is. It is still Heisei, but it's different enough to be given a special name, in this case "Neo Heisei".

Mind you, I use the term post-Decade just as much anyway.
 
Look at OOO from behind. All the color is stuffed in the front and the back is just bare.

The OOO suit is just too "clean". Since it has the attributes of animals (and can even warp limbs to be animalistic), it really ought to have had a more bestial look. Less "smooth rubber/spandex" and more "Gills". And give him animal-like chests instead of that totem wheel. I have the same issue with Beast, incidentally.



I don't understand this one. How is W anything but vertically symmetric, unless you don't like halves of the body being one solid color each.



Why doesn't it make sense?

I still like OOO's design better than Wizard's(who also has no color on the back), and yes, I was referring to the color asymmetry of W

as for that third part, I didn't say that, and I support the term "Neo-Heisei" as a way of separating the pre and post-Decade riders
 
The only main Rider's main form that I don't like (as of now) is, ironically, Gaimu, and depending on how it looks in better shots, that might change.

Everything else though? I've been happy to at least okay with, and I happen to love the designs of OOO and Wizard. Two of my all time favorites in fact, even if Wizard is bombing as a show.

I just call them the Recent Riders :P
I like the cut of your jib. Let's hang out.
 
I like how the fandom has gotten to the point were we can override and deny Toei the right to call W-Gaimu what they want to call it.
 
The difference is Wizard has a trenchcoat design, while OOO is a "body suit".

still, it's my opinion based on my own personal tastes, something you can't invalidate. as far as I go, it really doesn't matter much what a rider looks like from the back, because it's never the best angle to be viewed from, and even though most of OOO's color is on the front, depending on which body parts he's using, the colors sometimes carry over to the back

even ignoring the whole back thing, I've gotta give points to OOO for having the widest variety of colors and forms of any rider, many of which look quite nice, as well as how, excluding TaToBa, each Combo is a completely different suit
 
Doesn't make it look any less stupid.
Know what else is stupid? Moaning about something trivial.

Just because I used the words "silly" and "crappy" doesn't mean I'm frothing at the mouth like you seem to think I am. I think it's stupid, there are plenty of less stupid alternatives, so I'm posting on the internet about it. Chill.

Dude, you made a post specifically to say you thought it was stupid. No mention about Gaimu or anything relevant, a post just to bitch about the term and say people were wrong. You need to chill. And stop being so petty.


I hope we get a Gaimu Climax Heroes game for the Wii this year, to round it out. We're just a few Showa Riders away from having it all. And Nintendo have said they won't give up on the Wii right away. I know we have Battride on the PS3 now, but surely the Climax Heroes games are a reasonably easy payday for the guys. Certainly looking forward to a using a few more of those rings as Wizard.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top