Status
Not open for further replies.
Aronbafon
Apparently, the mysterious coconut-themed Griton would appear later in the show. Does that mean s/he will occupy Secondary, erm...Fifth Rider slot?

He'd be a Q1 Rider due to being shown already.

I'm thinking:
Gaim and Balon debuts in episode 1/2.
Ryugen in 3/4.
Zangetsu in 7/8.
Griton around episode 10.

Dammit Bandai, you have your sights on my wallet again don't you!
Must...fight...urge...to...buy...EVERYTHING!!!!!

Aronbafon
Things related to this
[HIDE]-Gaim's actor grew up wanting to be like Kuuga

-Balon's actor actually hates bananas, but wants to get over that to teach kids not to be picky

-The belt is following in the OOO mold of talking belts (although by the description of it, it seems less singy and more like Decade/Double just saying the names).

-There weren't actually auditions, Takebe said they went out and hand picked the actors to fit Urobuchi's defined characters. I'm sure Takebe loved ''picking'' those actors to ''fit'' what Urobuchi had in mind.[/HIDE]

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Hongo is not a very pretty man. Handsome, maybe, but not pretty. He also kicked a lot of ass and continues to do so.

Kotaro I could see being labeled as a pretty boy, he has the features for it.

You know what else he had? A build that let me honestly believe he could go toe to toe with a giant goddamn rhinoman and get thrown through walls.

I'm going to be quoting Illustrator Claire who is part of the soon-to-be relaunched WWAC Radio who got a mention on Rider Break for her Tackle article, does some blogging for Henshincast and has been featured in some unKamenCast-RX discussions, including the Kamen Rider Double quarterly reviews.

Claire often calls Fujioka King Handsome and I can not disagree. That man is a looker! He looks intense and rugged and if I, as a woman, ran across a man who looked like that and he was a nice guy I'd have him taking a knee and popping a question ASAP. Heck I am attracted to him now.

As for Kotaro, I can see that he could be a model or idol type material, but that wasn't my first thought looking at him, certainly not in comparison to the guys on rider now. Fujioka is more attractive to me, but I can see Tetsuro Kurata's charm as well. No matter how his face looks, I always saw him as really tough. He isn't a big guy, but he carries himself in a very confident masculine, for lack of abetter term, fashion. Takumi has the colored hair which threw me off a bit, but his body looks like it is in the Faiz suit for sure.

Most of the above was to bring me to one of Claire's funny and true statements: the modern, post Decade are "Swishy boy-men."

I think that is an unfortunate trend, but the few pictures of Kota don't give me that feel, so that is one less thing to mark negatively against the show.

That said, in the 80's we got "tough guy" looking Senshi and Riders because that's what was considered cool at the time. Now we get pretty boys because that's what's considered cool. Eventually it'll shift again. To what? Who knows.

I agree. It's just how the masses tendencies age.

In Japanese Pop for example, you have SMAP from a decade ago who save for one or two absolutely cannot pass for a female. Now, J-Pop and K-pop are filled with androgynous "pretty boys".

It's annoying, honestly, but that's how it goes. And franchises which rely on popular appeal will ride that trend.

also i know someone said this, but the theme will be done by Shonan no Kaze. and boy, listen to this song as it's style alone fits this series perfectly. it's extremely summery, japanese styled, and fun as hell.
Sounds good! It's really upbeat, fun and catchy. Excited to hear what they do for the opening!

I'm thinking:
Gaim and Balon debuts in episode 1/2.
Ryugen in 3/4.
Zangetsu in 7/8.
Griton around episode 10.
That sounds about right. Double-Wizard did something like that showcasing new forms, and since there more Riders it would make sense to to do it that way.

Griton's identity is still the biggest mystery. Also, I'm glad the guy playing Goro is returning. My mom was a huge fan of him back when I was watching Ryuki in 02, so she'll be happy when I tell her the news haha.

I hope it's not "singy". It just went overboard with Wizard. Talking english with bad pronunciation is still fine IMO.

About the casting - that's definitely an interesting detail. I have faith that they are right for the job.

Some kind of Beast mode
Dammit Bandai, you have your sights on my wallet again don't you!
Must...fight...urge...to...buy...EVERYTHING!!!!!

Oh yea, the figs are going to look seexxy.

Things related to this
[HIDE]-Gaim's actor grew up wanting to be like Kuuga

-Balon's actor actually hates bananas, but wants to get over that to teach kids not to be picky

-The belt is following in the OOO mold of talking belts (although by the description of it, it seems less singy and more like Decade/Double just saying the names).

-There weren't actually auditions, Takebe said they went out and hand picked the actors to fit Urobuchi's defined characters. I'm sure Takebe loved ''picking'' those actors to ''fit'' what Urobuchi had in mind.[/HIDE]

I like all of this, even the risky casting process.

Although, how do you hate bananas?

Status
Not open for further replies.