Status
Not open for further replies.
Toku Prince
Although, how do you hate bananas?

Lots of people dislike certain fruits but maybe he just doesn't like putting phallic-shaped fruit in his mouth.

Edit: Bonus points for this being the first post on page 100.

Gaim's actor grew up wanting to be like Kuuga

I wonder how that might affect his portrayal.

The belt is following in the OOO mold of talking belts (although by the description of it, it seems less singy and more like Decade/Double just saying the names).

Good. Though I hope they don't repeat things twice like in W and Fourze.

Although, how do you hate bananas?

Or carrots or broccoli or Brussel sprouts, for that matter.

So...so many pages...since last night...oh god...

Well this looks amazing five riders and the only thing that bothers me are there fruit weapons? Good enough for me!

And that Yggdrasil ****? Don't give that Asgard crap! Those mother f'ers are Foundation X and you all know it!

First things first, I like the look of all the Riders. I've always given Rider the benefit of the doubt regardless of how absurd the gimmicks or themes may be, and Gaim is no exception. Heck, if you take away the whole fruit thing, the suit designs look pretty awesome. I'd say even more impressive and detailed compared to the suits from Wizard. I'm also really loving that Gaim duel wields.

I can't say that I was really hoping for multiple Riders in a Rider show again. Personally, I've liked the two-Rider formula that we've been getting so far. At its best, both Riders got a decent share of action while the Main Rider still got the main focus. Weren't multiple Riders phased out in the first place because they weren't profitable? At least that's what I heard happened for Kabuto. Or maybe Toei is desperate for better ratings in Rider? Still, I'm not against having more than two Riders, and that group shot was pretty cool.

Urobuchi? Urobuchi!? I definitely was not expecting this. I can at least say that there's a high chance at least one of the Rider will end up dying. It'll be interesting to see how Urobuchi handles working on his first real "kids" show, though I don't think Takebe is necessarily the best producer to pair with him. Then again, from another viewpoint maybe she is. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience all around, and probably make up for what some have found missing in Wizard.

The plot description has me thinking of a modern Ryuki + Blade, which sounds perfect for a writer like Gen Urobuchi, though the summary is a little mum on how the monsters factor into it. I wouldn't be surprised if all the monsters wind up as just mindless threats while the true villains are the people behind the Yggdrasil corporation.

Last edited:
Life is viewtiful
This.....is kinda neat. I'm loving the samurai/fruit theme...but I'm not gonna front...this sooo did not look anything close to a "typical rider design" at first glance. But I guess neither did Hibiki. I'm not really familiar with the writer though...but I'm assuming he's the bomb.com since everyone is raving about him. :laugh:

But I'm confused....so are they 5 different riders or two riders (Gaim and Baron) who have different forms.

The new Tendou Souji
I did enjoy the Heavens Tornado doublet and don't understand everyone's hate for it.

I was just annoyed with Phillip going "Screw the invite from the dancers! MOUNT FUJI!!!" at the very end.

Going by the writer, I fear the opposite. We'll be lucky if the Riders all still have their heads after the first five episodes

:rimshot:

Not sure if it was mentioned, but a Japanese Reggae group called Shonan no Kaze are doing the opening.

Shame they couldn't get Orange Range.

I haven't seen Madoka Magica yet (anybody know if it's any good?)

I liked it. I'm not gonna go "It's the perfect thing of perfectness and if you don't agree, I'll nuke your house!!!!" but, I enjoyed it.

-Gaim's actor grew up wanting to be like Kuuga

:buttrock:

-There weren't actually auditions, Takebe said they went out and hand picked the actors to fit Urobuchi's defined characters. I'm sure Takebe loved ''picking'' those actors to ''fit'' what Urobuchi had in mind.

\:

Status
Not open for further replies.