2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mqhc3n8Jh81qbbpyfo1_1280.avif

Kobayashi Yutaka (Baron or Balon?) is in the red on the right. Takasugi Mahiro (Ryuugen) is in the blue and is in the middle, is he the leader of the blues? I think that might be Gaku Sano on Mahiro's left (seeing as how his shirt says Gaim.)

But whoa, Gen Urobuchi? Holy crap that's really different. The different riders look pretty sicks and I'm slowly getting over the fruit theme. The orange slice sword though, oh my god. By the way, Gaim's actor is 21 and Ryugen's is 17.
 
So in summary, these Riders are "dancing fruit ninjas"

And Toei managed to get the guy who wrote Fate/Zero as the head writer, huh?
 
I'm not too worried about the fruit theme. After "Shabadoobie Touch to Henshin" I think the silliness level can't really peak any further. Cause seriously, that was for a gimmick that didn't sound as silly as fruit.
Don't assume things like that so readily.

My god, don't.

Because it's still the Heisei period? "Neo-Heisei" implies that the emperor died, and a new emperor with the convenient name of "Neo-Heisei" took over a few years ago, when we all know that isn't the case. Furthermore, Toei still (as far as I know) hasn't given any title to this "era" of Rider, and probably won't for that matter.
They did. They called it the ''Next Decade'' when it was just starting.

The fact that they haven't mentioned that again is another matter, but they still gave it a name initially. I like to believe that they're seeing Rider might run beyond 2019 and in a way, the era might be changing now as the format is apparently changing with multiple Riders from the beginning and (maybe) the number motif being dropped.
We saw 5 Riders (is one of those a different form?) in that picture. If I see one more come up, I will say the number motif is still spiritually alive.

Yet Toei OFFICIALLY list Shin [1992], ZO [1993], and J [1994] as SHOWA era. And even Black RX spent more time airing in Heisei era than Showa [just 10 episodes] but it is a Showa series.
I can't fully recall it, but Toei dropped this and started listing them as Heisei. When Let's Go Kamen Rider presented the Riders in that huge battle scene, they took a break after BLACK RX and then went through the Shin-Double without any pause inbetween them.

BLACK RX is officially Showa, unlike his three successors.


I like how the fandom has gotten to the point were we can override and deny Toei the right to call W-Gaimu what they want to call it.
Indeed. It's great when a fandom gets so attached to a show that they can call out on the creators if their decisions start getting terrible (not that I'm saying this one is). Where does a show go without it's fans?

I don't think it's anywhere near as well-organised as that. Which means...

IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE TOEI KAMEN RIDER CONTINUITY GAME!
<cue theme music>

Write down the name of every Rider who was the lead of a TV show onto a scrap of paper. Count Black and RX seperately but ignore ZX, Shin, ZO, J, and the current title Rider.
Place the pieces of paper into a hat and shake thoroughly.
Snare a passing intern and apply a blindfold.
Get the intern to pull 20 pieces of paper out of a hat. Each name pulled out corresponds to one of the 20 sections of a standard dartboard. Any Rider whose name wasn't picked out of the hat is eliminated.
Spin the intern until sufficiently dizzy.
Remove the blindfold and give the intern three darts.
Take cover and ask the intern to throw the darts at the dartboard. If a dart lands in a Rider's section, that Rider is considered 'in continuity' for the next Rider movie.
If Ichigo is selected then Nigo must also appear. If V3 is selected then Riderman must also appear.
If the dart lands in the double/triple area of that section, the movie will include a "re-imagined" version of a major villain from that Rider's series.
If the bullseye is hit, the villains must belong to an organisation with the word "Shocker" in it's name.
If a dart lands anywhere outside of the board, every Rider appears.
If a dart hits the board with sufficient force to knock it off the wall, Tackle is in continuity.
If the dart hits the board with sufficient force to smash the fabric of space-time, the plot of the movie has to make sense.

THANKS FOR PLAYING THE TOEI KAMEN RIDER CONTINUITY GAME!
Remember that it's preferrable to use spoiler tags when leaking official information.

After jisho-ing it up, it looks like Takebe is the producer afterall lol
Ok. Now I'm setting low expectations for movies. See the quote above.
 
So, I'm not sure if this was mentioned but Ryugen is the younger brother of Gaimu; their sister is an office lady who works for the Yggdrasil Company. A lock dealer (named Sid?) is also mentioned.

I'm just using google translate so I'm not gonna bother translating anything else from the website...

Edit: Their 'hangout' for the series seems to be a fruit parlour called 'Dorupazu.'
 
Reading Urobuchi's writing credits, this guy seems to have quite the resume. Fate Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, Susei no Garugantia...this could be another surprise like Double.

Then again, it is Takebe who's running the show. I hope she allows Urubochi to do his thing.
 
Reading Urobuchi's writing credits, this guy seems to have quite the resume. Fate Zero, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika, Susei no Garugantia...this could be another surprise like Double.

Then again, it is Takebe who's running the show. I hope she allows Urubochi to do his thing.

Takabe is the type of head producer who happens to ride on the strengths of her head writer. She gave Kobayashi some free reign when she was doing the production of Kamen Rider OOOs (even though there are some hearsay that Takabe did make some drastic changes to Kobayashi's original storyline towards the middle and end of the show), and Kobayashi is usually one of the better head writers in terms of her "character development" style approach.

Whereas head writers like Inoue need a stronger presence at the head producer level to keep them in check, like Shirakura did for him for all these years during the early Heisei years.

Although unlike Shirakura, Takabe is also the type of head producer that will always bend to the will of the Toei executives IRREGARDLESS if it meddles with the direction of her head writer. We already saw this happen with the production of Tokumei Sentai Gobusters.

Urobuchi has to make a good impression from the get-go; otherwise, Toei executives will force Takabe to make drastic changes that would go against Urobuchi's direction.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top