2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy's done a lot more than just Akibaranger, dude. xP

Do I have to list everything he's done? I only listed Akiba because that was the one that was vital to my point. I like alot of the other shows he worked on too though.

As far as this whole bit about griton, and whether or not these are his forms, or seperate riders, I think I'll be happy either way. But it does seem to fit well with the ryuki style monsters.
 
So far there's nothing about human forms. The scans make it seem like the monsters are wild creatures from a different dimension. But knowing it's Gen Urobuchi, they're probably related to humans.

Also, Takebe said in an interview that they are going back to early Heisei roots, with inspirations from Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki and Faiz. Slightly more serious despite all the fruits.
They also want to stop the whole two episode victim thing where the monster gets away. There's gonna be significantly less of that. Kamen Rider Gaim is taking a different approach apparently.

If there aren't human forms, the monsters would be like the ones in Agito, Ryuki and Blade (which only had a couple of human forms). I still like monsters with human forms cause sometimes we get awesome guests. :thumbs: But this could go back to the whole "Hesei roots" idea.

The second part of the paragraph gives me hope. Inspirations from early Hesei? More serious? I'm totally cool with that. I feel Wizard was trying to go back to that but just couldn't do it. Especially with the two-parters.

Oh, they want to get rid of the two episode victim pattern? YES! This is a remedy to most problems I had with most of neo-hesei. Hopefully this works out!
 
I hope there are two forms for monsters, low level ones, no voice actor, just alot of grunting and high level ones, by previous Toku cast members WHO only appear once every seventh or so episode.
 
I wouldn't get too worked up about this. The last time Takebe was talking about making a love letter to early Heisei stuff like Faiz and Blade, she ended up making OOO. And while you can map plot elements of OOO onto Faiz and Blade pretty easily, OOO has absolutely nothing of the tone or mood of those shows. That said, it might be able to recapture the look-- Tasaki Ryuta directed 8-10 episodes each of Agito, Ryuki, and Faiz.

I think we won't really manage to get the aesthetic of early 2000s Rider again, given how Toei has overhauled their camera technology so much in the interim (ever since Kabuto we've had true HD/widescreen instead of a "stretched" perspective). Nevertheless, if we can get Riders fighting each other without any of the contrived crap Inoue and his ilk overuse, I might warm to the concept as much as the monster of the fortnight mechanic wore on me.
 
I think we won't really manage to get the aesthetic of early 2000s Rider again, given how Toei has overhauled their camera technology so much in the interim (ever since Kabuto we've had true HD/widescreen instead of a "stretched" perspective).
I think he means camera-angle wise. No matter the quality of camera, the directing-styles will always be unique and recognizable. :thumbs:
 
Just something I noticed while re-watching the promo trailer. During the henshin scene, it looks as if a roughly circular section of the sky has "unzipped" and folded down above Gaim's head, revealing leaves and branches on the other side of the hole. I know the plot info says that the lock seeds come from a forest, so maybe the Rider's fruits are also being summoned from the forest, rather than just straight up falling from the sky?
 
Zangetsu is described as the "Ouja" of the series...

Oh boy...this could be fun to watch...

And yay for stepping away from the two part formula.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top