2012/2013 Kamen Rider - Kamen Rider Wizard... CONFIRMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have the right to say that a character isn't a rider just because they're not a boy scout. We don't get to define what a Kamen Rider can be. thats the writers ability. I feel that statements like that aren't fair for us to say and are disrespectful to the writers.

consider how you would feel (hypothetically of course) to be in the writers situation and hear someone say something like that about a character you had put a lot of effort into writing.
It's like how W said Eternal was not a real Rider yet all the toys said he was! And everyone on here still called him a Kamen Rider!
 
I know this is entirely off topic (Topic what topic) But in the banner with all the toys, who's the guy who's head is on fire?
 
It's like how W said Eternal was not a real Rider yet all the toys said he was! And everyone on here still called him a Kamen Rider!

Double was doing the exact same thing they're doing here, honestly.
His definition of "Kamen Rider" is "Superhero with a mask and motorcycle."
BUT. Just because that's his definition of the word doesn't mean he's right. And the argument loops again.
 
I know this is entirely off topic (Topic what topic) But in the banner with all the toys, who's the guy who's head is on fire?

http://ultra.wikia.com/wiki/Glenfire

The six fingered man is fictional
[HIDE] 22955552.avif[/HIDE]
 
i don't care if you insult me, I'm honestly not even mad in the slightest. bottom line, heres what I'm saying, plain and simple. there is a difference between speculation and questioning authorial content, see unlike star wars after the kamen rider hiatus it didn't come back with a bunch of Midi-chlorian esque bullshit to ruin its predecessors. all of the hesei rider series all have at least 1 rider who still emulates what how a rider is supposed to be. Good, pure, strong, and so forth.
After the 90's hiatus Kamen Rider also came back with things that changed the ideals it had too.

BUT they've also showed us that there are those who choose to use that power for evil and also unlike star wars there is not a separate title for evil riders. So by definition the only title we have to call them by is Kamen Rider. and if they say a character is a kamen rider, thats pretty much all there is to it.
As I said: Considering only the series itself, yes they are Kamen Rider too. Most of the franchise seems to go by the hero definition, and I was considering all of it. In most cases, they are not Kamen Rider.


I don't think we have the right to say that a character isn't a rider just because they're not a boy scout. We don't get to define what a Kamen Rider can be. thats the writers ability. I feel that statements like that aren't fair for us to say and are disrespectful to the writers.

consider how you would feel (hypothetically of course) to be in the writers situation and hear someone say something like that about a character you had put a lot of effort into writing.
I get your point.

But we can define what a Kamen Rider can be, we can do whatever we want, as long as we don't claim it as a fact.
Hell, a writer that changes the definition is just like that, the difference is, he/she is the one that made it official.

A crazy person could have come up with a theory that this mystic force is actually dependant on cells within our body, and this person gets the opportunity to make it official. Not trying to call names here, just an example.
 
You guys actually had another 2 pages about that?
I know how it is, because "Continuity" and because "Opinion on <x> fact that wasn't explained, and fans are expected to come up with whatever reason, but most will not consider because of lack of imagination, butthurt, <insert other causes> and because they think if it was not said with all words by actor/author, isn't real, acceptable, or a possibility, not even a plausible/fanfic worthy theory".
Let's just go with: "This is a main Kamen Rider stereotype" and "We all have different visions on what Kamen Riders are", because otherwise it won't end, and you guys will end hating eachother. Look at you all, not being able to respect opinions or shut your mouths sometimes. I'm not one to say, but Gentarou would sad with y'all, 'dachis.
Ya'll Black Rx's posting in a Makamou thread.
 
Man I think you all should just go with what Gackt aka Yukiji Jouji said what a Kamen Rider is.

I thought that moment in the movie would have made it clear to all of you by now.
 
In terms of Heisei, Decade, Double, OOO (And even then only for Birth's official codename) and Fourze are the only series that actually use the term "Kamen Rider".

Interpret as you will...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top