Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamen Rider Meta
No, I mean it's like "okay, every universe is together now." This just has more to do with my frustration toward the Decade half of Movie Wars anyway.

I never argued for the Heisei shows to be tied together (in fact I was always against it as the settings are just too different from each other to coexist), so I don't know what you're getting at there.
Well so far Gaia memories and Greeds can exist without many problems so I don't see the problem.

Well so far Gaia memories and Greeds can exist without many problems so I don't see the problem.

I sort of find it hard to swallow that flash drives somehow connected to the Earth itself that can grant humans superpowers can exist in the same world as greed-powered demons being sealed away by an ancient warrior and use medals..... and never the twain shall meet. (Not counting the movie, which looks to be followng the same format as Move War 2010.) You're really telling me the Sonozakis would have ignored the Greeds and Medals, or Kogami the Gaia Memories as though they never existed?

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
They are not flash drives.. they look like them though.... :thumbs:

No, I mean it's like "okay, every universe is together now." This just has more to do with my frustration toward the Decade half of Movie Wars anyway.

That just meant that the worlds could coexist without destroying each other, not that the worlds had been fused together. In the final scenes, everyone was still using the dimensional walls to appear and meet each other.

(Not counting the movie, which looks to be followng the same format as Move War 2010.)

Even though there are separate Double and OOO parts before the crossover itself in the third one, Double will be facing Yummies in his own story...

You're really telling me the Sonozakis would have ignored the Greeds and Medals, or Kogami the Gaia Memories as though they never existed?

The Sonozaki had some nebulous plan specifically connected to the Gaia Memories (Gaia Impact) and humanity's evolution. I don't think the Greeeds would offer anything relevant to that plan. They were inactive too.

About the Gaia memories getting ignored in OOO... Foundation X dismissed them in the Double finale and went to some other project. In addition to that, the teaser about the medals shown by a Foundation X member on screen during Double said that the Medals had more potential than the Gaia Memories as a power source. So, the Gaia Memories getting ignored for the medals was set up in Double itself.

Really, I think Double and OOO so far fit very well together in spite of not having direct ties to each other.

The only contradiction that might arise is the timeline not matching up, due to Double's one year timeskip, although they're avoiding showing the full dates in OOO so far, and even V3 and the original show had a similar problem connecting their timelines (There was a 1 year timeskip for V3, but both the original and V3 used real world dates for their airing whenever possible, so that year couldn't really fit).

Last edited:
Eye See You
I got the impression that OOO and W were in the same universe the minute the F-X Woman had the Core Medals on her Ipad device.

I sort of find it hard to swallow that flash drives somehow connected to the Earth itself that can grant humans superpowers can exist in the same world as greed-powered demons being sealed away by an ancient warrior and use medals..... and never the twain shall meet. (Not counting the movie, which looks to be followng the same format as Move War 2010.) You're really telling me the Sonozakis would have ignored the Greeds and Medals, or Kogami the Gaia Memories as though they never existed?
I think the bigger issue here is that you need to finish W to understand Ryubee didn't really need the medals for anything.
And the Gaia memory well is kinda hard to find and iirc at the end of W it's pretty much closed with the mansion being destroyed. Besides it's obvious Kogami has plans specific to the medals rather then using the addictive Gaia memmories for his plans.

Nice post!!
Completely disconnected sources of ridiculous power appearing, side-by-side, with villains not always trying to use every power source, is a natural consequence of attempting to do an Ishinomori-style connected universe.

I can understand viewing this fundamental discontinuity as a fundamental problem, but I think the benefits of an Ishinomori-style connected universe far outweigh any negative consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.