Nice post!!
Can't be helped, train-collecting is a huge Japanese hobby which has its own category just like being an Otaku.

Yes, and I frankly can't blame train otaku. Real Japanese trains are awesome.

Den-O is a magic time-traveling monster-killing train, and it's stupider-looking than real shinkansen? That is a tremendous failure of design. That isn't a "can't be helped situation." If any designers on Earth can cook up an amazing CG super-train, it should be Toei's guys!

Now, count up your crimes!
For all it's worth, at least Den-O did better in the writing department than Kiva and Decade. >> At least Kobayashi can write unlike Inoue and Yonemura.

It doesn't take much to be better than Decade.

But Kiva, flawed as it was, at least remembered it had a story, which is more than one can say about Den-O.

motivator5e17ab138b93c1f517795aa60d.jpg

THIS is what happens when too many uneducated people in tokusatsu from all over the globe/world immediately rush in with the mentality of "ALL TOKU=PR" saying, "POWER RANGERS?".:sly::redface2:
Man! I can now see how upset we are going to be with this mentality for a decade, or even a century.:redface2:

Again, what if Gundam or any mecha anime turns into a tokusatsu show?
These people say "POWER RANGERS????"

The Gundanians and every other mecha pilots does this in their own machines:
facepalm.jpg
I liked Hibiki's story, all the way until they changed the staff in the middle... :redface2:
That is why I really hated those duos (S. Yonemura and T. Inoue). They ruined Hibiki's awesome direction, plot and story. Added goofy Douji and Hime that didn't really made any improvement... URGH!

Hey man, Faiz was cool! I loved Kusaka being a complete asshole, IMHO, the show really needed a dastardly second Rider since Takumi was a very kind and caring scoundrel. I also loved the story and the hissatsus.
:castlerock:

Yeah but then Kusaka is too much to be asked for, good thing Kiba and Leo killed him in the series and movie respectively. GOOD DEED THERE NEW KAIXA AND DEFAULT PSYGA, for destroying the human Big Bad. :castlerock:

I guess there was really no time to develop the other characters without sacrificing valuable airtime for Kenzaki/Blade and Hajime/Chalice. I also loved the story and the ending.

Ending-wise, I love it as well. There is no question about it.

Well, as much as Gatack is the character who grows in the story and the one that the masses can relate to, Kabuto is still the center-figure because all of the events even up to the crash of the meteor is all linked to him. Kagami was more of Tendou's soft-side, without Kagami, Tendou would have been far more arrogant. But Kagami showed us that Tendou is also human. So IMHO, it should have been titled "Kamen Rider Gatackabuto". :sweat:

BOLD: Agreed.

Let us remember this life lesson: The proud who exalts themselves are to be casted down but the one who is humble gets exalted. The only attitudes/traits I like in Tendou are these:
-Good cook.
-He cares for his sister even though she's a kaijin and also to his cousin.
-Keeps himself on top by strong determination.

Well, I guess the writers preferred focusing the spotlight on the weaker Imagin, since the lead character himself was a weak-willed loser, kinda like Peter Parker who's a nerd in reality, and has an alter-ego that is the flagship of Stan Lee's Marvel. Its always about the "underdog". I guess they did this also to balance the main Rider arrogance after Tendou. :laugh:

That is why he needs to show more backbone.:redface2:

Not to mention upgrades and equipment that only appeared in 1 episode then disappeared into the annals of Kiva history... :redface2:

That is why Kuuga and Agito>>>>>>ALL Heisei rainbow Riders. They really know which form is the best to use during combat.

Well, I think Decade could have been longer, and not stuck to the 2-episode per Rider World arc.

And I agree with Nanami Tenkawa that Diend is pretty much like Starscream, when the going gets tough, "Where the hell is Diend?"... :laugh:

A 3 Parter per world should've been what was shown to the audience if you ask me. A 31 episode poorly done story KR show is an insult to the fans. And regarding about Diend, he is so cowardly when it comes down to battles. His "ATTACK RIDE: INVISIBLE" card really pisses me when someone who had an intimidating name turns out a pussy.

Last edited:
Just an Internet User Passing Thru
But Kiva, flawed as it was, at least remembered it had a story, which is more than one can say about Den-O.

Agreed.........even with all the plot holes and poor execution of certain plot elements, at least they managed to show a respectable "evolution" of Wataru's character from a shy, paranoid person to some confident badass.

Ryotarou was suppose to have grown as a character, but there was hardly any evidence of his growth shown at all in his personality from beginning to end. Even in Final Countdown, he may not have shown signs of being hesitant to kick someone's ass........but you never got the feeling from Ryotarou that his personality changed from how he was at the beginning of Den-O.

HEROW

Den-O is a magic time-traveling monster-killing train, and it's stupider-looking than real shinkansen? That is a tremendous failure of design. That isn't a "can't be helped situation." If any designers on Earth can cook up an amazing CG super-train, it should be Toei's guys!

LOL Hahaha Touché! :laugh:

For all it's worth, at least Den-O did better in the writing department than Kiva and Decade. >> At least Kobayashi can write unlike Inoue and Yonemura.

It doesn't take much to be better than Decade.

QFT too. :buttrock:

That is why I really hated those duos (S. Yonemura and T. Inoue). They ruined Hibiki's awesome direction, plot and story. Added goofy Douji and Hime that didn't really made any improvement... URGH!

Nor did the introduction and becoming an Oni of Kiriya... :redface2:

Yeah but then Kusaka is too much to be asked for, good thing Kiba and Leo killed him in the series and movie respectively. GOOD DEED THERE NEW KAIXA AND DEFAULT PSYGA, for destroying the human Big Bad. :castlerock:

Hahaha for me, it was purely fan service when they massacred Kusaka by the ocean, I was just sad because I pity the fool for being a total ass until he died, but if he wasn't like that, it really won't be too fun for me. :laugh:

A 3 Parter per world should've been what was shown to the audience if you ask me. A 31 episode poorly done story KR show is an insult to the fans. And regarding about Diend, he is so cowardly when it comes down to battles. His "ATTACK RIDE: INVISIBLE" card really pisses me when someone who had an intimidating name turns out a pussy.

Hahaha yeah, I think he deserves the name "Kamen Rider I-DIE-DIN'T DO IT!" then runs-off... :laugh:

Ore, Sanjou!

Den-O has a magic time-traveling monster-killing train, and it's stupider-looking than real shinkansen? That is a tremendous failure of design. That isn't a "can't be helped situation." If any designers on Earth can cook up an amazing CG super-train, it should be Toei's guys!

what?! DenLiner, and for that matter, all the Time Trains look amazingly better than real bullet trains

^In all seriousness, those CGI trains really looked cool and I wish that Earth by now has one. It would be cool to ride on one (I prefer the Rod form liner for it's cooler).

Nor did the introduction and becoming an Oni of Kiriya... :redface2:

Which by far makes Kiriya-kun a total jerk and making Yuuto somehow infected by his former role.:redface2: ZERONOS>>>>>KYOKI big time.

Like Zeronos' arrival was 10X much better than that damn spoiled Richie Rich boy (Cue in Richie Preston/Kamen Rider Incisor for that.) that got luckily got himself a cool henshined form.

Hahaha for me, it was purely fan service when they massacred Kusaka by the ocean, I was just sad because I pity the fool for being a total ass until he died, but if he wasn't like that, it really won't be too fun for me. :laugh:

Fanservice? I don't think so. The fans LOVED IT that he deserved to die, too bad, I pity Kouhei Murakami for having killed twice in his role. He was such a good actor to play one of the meanest Kamen Riders of them all. Now that guy's face is in the Toku Hall of Hate Fame.:redface2:

Hahaha yeah, I think he deserves the name "Kamen Rider I-DIE-DIN'T DO IT!" then runs-off... :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Den-O might have been the best rider show I seen, I seen it twice now, and I still have to finish Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Hibiki and start with Ryuki and blade.

but every time I watch Den-O...so great, the plot, twist and turns, big monster battles. new for Kamen Rider. but it did not changed the plot at all.

Den-O was not made for everyone, sadly people do hate on Den-O, like we are going to listen to them and their irrational hating, but heck, is the internet, and its Den-O, its either love it or hate it. and I loved it.

That is why Kuuga and Agito>>>>>>ALL Heisei rainbow Riders. They really know which form is the best to use during combat.

I will have to disagree, yet...they do know what forms to use. but it was the same with Den-O. even it they almost killed Ryotaro's body. I still liking Den-O more than Kuuga and Agito. not because of the comedy. the story, that's what kept me watching Den-O to the end