2012/2013 Kamen Rider - Kamen Rider Wizard... CONFIRMED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLICE
The Break didn't happen because RX was a sequel, it happened because RX was ****.

BUT, to be fair, we do now have Decade for comparison.

Help's skew the balance a bit.

If Modern Rider wasn't put down by THAT, Fourze is nothin'.

min snopp är gul
Trademarks for today, 2012-039006 - 2012-041152. No signs of Kamen Rider. Anyone want to double check?

Fourze started filming around this time last year, and there were some sightings that people reported on twitter.
If we are lucky, there might be things happening this month.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
The Break didn't happen because RX was a sequel, it happened because RX was ****.

BUT, to be fair, we do now have Decade for comparison.

Help's skew the balance a bit.

If Modern Rider wasn't put down by THAT, Fourze is nothin'.

But Decade was a hit in Japan. It has the best ratings of the last five years (along with W) and good sales.

So basically there'd be no Switches, no Fourze suit, no school, nothing recognisable about the show save for its hero.

They could still be featured as secondary elements, like maybe Gentaro getting trashed in the original Fourze suit before switching to the new Fourze for the rest of the show. Another possibility for going with Fourze again could be a crossover show, based on Fourze's original team up concept, which seems like it'd need a reduced cast compared to the Fourze we've got. In that old interview, it was explained that they didn't do that because it was too close to Decade, but now it'll be 3 years since its ending, which seems like enough time for the show's core audience.

Still, it's unlikely overall, I'm not denying it, but the possibility for a second series seems to exist with this trademark register delayed more and more. On the other hand, they can still easily register the name of the next Rider tomorrow or next week and put an end to all this speculation. We should be getting solid leaks soon anyway, considering recordings for the next show and how the toy guides can't keep generic sillhouettes there for a long time now.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
They could still be featured as secondary elements, like maybe Gentaro getting trashed in the original Fourze suit before switching to the new Fourze for the rest of the show.

Still, it's unlikely overall, I'm not denying it, but the possibility seems to exist with this trademark register delayed more and more.

Just out of interest, how much time do they have left to confirm a trademark? They usually apply around a month before it gets approved ...

Maybe, but I'd think it more likely for us to get another break in the franchise than another series of Fourze.

One thing I wondered was what if Toei had a trademark rejected? We know that they couldn't get the name Sirenger for Dekaranger because it was being used for an anime. Especially if they really did choose "Wizard", it's plain enough that the copyright could easily be rejected for similarity to something else. So that would mean picking another name, reworking things around it, and putting in another application.
That seems quite reasonable to me. And Toei won't be in any great hurry to promote the toys yet. As has been pointed out in this thread, they didn't really start the Fourze promo until the show had nearly started, and they still had Christmas shortages of Fourze Drivers, and it's just won an award for how well it's done. Doesn't sound like they messed their strategy up at all.
What would the plot be after the Horoscopes are defeated? Also, the main characters are now in their final year of high school, so after April the "school" theme would be scuppered.
Sun and Miu graduated and the characters haven't changed one bit (they've still got nothing to do :sweat:)
It'd have to be obviously a new plot, especially considering how the Switches are confirmed to be getting phased out in September. They could even push away the school theme by placing their graduation in the series finale or start of the new show.
I suspect that Fourze will be like Denji Sentai Megaranger and have the characters graduation in the crossover movie with the successor series.
But as was pointed out above, RX was still a successful series. That's all that matters to the suits. The live action Transformers movies are painfully bad, but they've made loads of money so we're getting yet another :shakefist
Fourze has by all accounts done very well in toy sales. Whether it returns seems to depend on the DVD sales; Den-O had great DVD sales and so they made another movie (which also did well, so they made another...and another...). Double had better than expected DVD sales, and so got 2 V-Cinema releases (the sales weren't so spectacular that they warrented a theatrical release). If New Den-O didn't become a sequel series, I can't see Fourze being set up for one.

That's all the suits care about is that it prints money, no matter how "terrible" the show is. Both Decade & W got Kamen Rider out of the ratings slump. And Den-O movies existed because the show connected with the fans in Japan, due to it's comedy. Also lately the Kamen Rider Movies have been debuting #1 for the first week.

Banned
We're halfway through June and still nothing about a copyright register for the next Rider. Kamen Rider Fourze S2 slowly seems to be becoming likely...

Wow.. When I heard people were saying stuff like this I was a little skeptical.. But damn if you guys aren't on the "NO NEW KR" bandwagon.:redface2:

Just out of interest, how much time do they have left to confirm a trademark? They usually apply around a month before it gets approved ...

I'm pretty sure they'll need a trademark ready for next month already. Even if we don't get toy leaks this year for whatever reason (just like we haven't gotten any leaks for Fourze's 4th quarter), the store owners should be getting finalized material related to the next show next month and so it would need to be registered. July is also when the summer movie cameo reveal is done.

I guess there's a chance they might dump those movie cameos though. The stated reasons for them was helping the ratings of the starting show,but Fourze's cameo completely failed to do anything for Fourze's first episode ratings, so there's a chance they might drop that concept entirely.

Wow.. When I heard people were saying stuff like this I was a little skeptical.. But damn if you guys aren't on the "NO NEW KR" bandwagon.

Hey, I haven't hopped on any bandwagon. "Slowly seems to be becoming likely" is hardly "it's certainly going to happen now!" Now, if we're still midway through July and there's no new KR registered I'll be pretty certain that we'll see a Fourze S2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.