Square-Enix’s spin on Minecraft is getting a second go. Today the software giant announced the imminent arrival of Dragon Quest Builders 2, coming to both PS4 and Switch simultaneously.
You’ll find the same building mechanics as were in the 2016 original, but you’ll experience an all-new story with new characters and a different world. There will also, for the first time, be an online multiplayer mode where up to four players can unite to build structures at record pace.
- Construct bigger structures with more variety and options than before,
- Travel faster by soaring, swimming and dashing through the expansive world,
- Inspire villagers to help out alongside them,
- Create their own farms and raise a multitude of crops,
- Divert flowing water to create your own rivers, waterfalls, and swimming holes,
- First-person mode and more.
Square didn’t just put together one trailer for this announcement…they readied three. One for the boy character:
One for the girl character:
And one showing off gameplay. Here’s what the life of a Builder is like:
Look for Dragon Quest Builders 2 to hit Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch July 12.
As the follow up title to the critically acclaimed 2016 game, DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™, DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 packs in even more content and unlimited building combinations in an all-new original story with new characters, world and gameplay to satisfy longtime fans and newcomers alike.