Fair Weather Studios released Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows, an expansion to their sci-fi turn-based tactical RPG, last December. Soon it will speak!
Fair Weather is adding voice acting to the narrative of Steel Shadows. In this storyline you play as Rogan Harker, a man who just got out of prison but will very probably run right back into trouble. You’ll use a turn-based combat system and customizable “Tech Tree” to best your enemies, take their stuff, and become the most feared pirate in the galaxy.
- A full campaign with over 20 story missions
- Over 50 procedurally generated side missions
- Dynamic initiative-based turn-based combat
- Purchase, outfit, and control the unique pirate faction ships
- Hire and assign crew members that gain experience and power along with your ships
- Hire unique mercenaries and ships to add to your fleet
- Experience over 50 random events
- Customize your play style by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree
- Large, detailed maps to fight across space
- Three different strategic resources to manage
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control
- Includes both free DLCs; Ancient Frontier – The Crew and Ancient Frontier – Quests and Events
Though Steel Shadows ties into the original Ancient Frontier, it’s fully playable by itself. But this week, you can currently get the entire kit and kaboodle for $35 thanks to a 25% off sale on Steam. By itself, Ancient Frontier: Steel Shadows costs $14.99.