Chibig Studio is working on Summer in Mara, an interesting game that takes inspiration from Zelda: Wind Waker and Stardew Valley, and then smashes them together.
You play Koa, a small girl who lives by herself on a tropical island. The island isn’t named Mara, the entire ocean is, and with Koa’s new boat, she can discover what’s out there. Meeting new people will establish a trade system and bring you new items to grow crops on your island. You’ll need friends and resources to ultimately take on Elit, the evil corporation that wants to take over the ocean.
- More than 150 quests to make the world a better place.
- Over 20 characters to meet and trade with. Befriend them!
- More than 130 inventory items to craft, use, and trade.
- Improve your boat, make it bigger and faster.
- Unlock and acquire new skills and abilities for Koa, helping her to craft, trade and explore in an easy-RPG system.
- Day and night cycle with climate events.
The Kickstarter campaign for Summer in Mara has only been live for one day, yet it’s already earned half its goal. And when you watch the trailer, you’ll know why. The animated cinematic is first-class and the tone of the game feels as calming as a cool ocean breeze.
Support Summer in Mara by heading to this link.