The original Blade Runner is hailed as one of the greatest sci-fi films ever created. And now, we’re getting a sequel to it via Blade Runner: 2049. A sequel that will indeed feature the return of Harrison Ford as Deckard. At the Warner Bros. panel at San Diego Comic Con, a small video was shown that chronicled the timeline between the original film and the sequel:
- 2019 Deckard escapes
- 2020: A new Replicant model
- 2022: A blackout on the west coast of the US
- 2023: Replicant Prohibition begins. Those who can go into hiding.
- 2025: The rise of Wallace Corp, helps solve food shortage
- 2030: Prohibition repealed with help from Wallace
- 2049: Society divided between two classes, Replicant and humans
What’s more, the whole thing was narrated by Edward James Olmos, who was a star in the original film. It’s clear that these events will shape the world of Blade Runner” 2049, but how much so will remain to be seen until the film arrives in October.