ClimaxHeroDen-O
Ore, Sanjou!
- I don't know know whether I should laugh or facepalm at the fact that Sanjo actually gave an explanation as to why our heroes do that stupid dance every time they don costume, much less throw a dance in at all. I suspect this was his way of reasoning out something Toei dictated must be in the show in their frantic attempt to get away from that X-rated horror from last year.
And the sad part is, having music play a role in the story actually isn't a bad concept. Gingaman does it to a limited extent, and in a way that lets the audience learn more about the Forest. It's just that Kyoryuger is so obnoxious about it, so "dangle a shiny object in the baby's face", that it's not as endearing.
wow, you're cynical...
I think it's rather brilliant and poignant, and feel that the series is much better off having a justification for the use of music than not. music is an amazing thing, with incredible variability, that can be influenced by culture, and can even convey all kinds of emotion. plus, if music can bring harmony between, who's to say it couldn't create harmony between humans and dinosaurs?
furthermore, since music is generally considered a human creation, it makes sense that the dinosaurs would need human conduits to use the power of music, and the idea of music having magical/spiritual properties isn't exactly uncommon in fiction