What Are Your Real Thoughts on Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger Overall?

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I've just finished re-watching Kyoryuger and...I thought it was okay. It's just that I was really disappointed with how the show tried to treat Daigo like he's supposed to be "Kyoryuger Jesus" and that everyone is supposed to be disposable dead-weight to him. I will say that the villains are actually interesting to watch, especially Candelira, Endolf and Luckuryo. But, everyone else was just..."meh!" for me. Still, I kind of wished that we've learned more about Ramirez, Tessai Dr. Ulsade, Yayoi and Daigo's father, Dantetsu.

But other than, I just thought it was an "okay" series.

What does everyone think about Kyoryuger after three years now?

Lurker
I'm not all that big on Sentai, but I watched about 30 episodes of Kyoryu. I guess I'd also say it was "okay" -- It had some entertaining moments, but obviously since I didn't finish it, it didn't keep my interest throughout. I like the sixth ranger quite a bit, and the bad guys were tolerable. Sentai just goes into a realm of silly that I'm not a big fan of (Yeah, more recent Rider shows are guilty of this too, I still just like the concepts and suit design of Rider better though).

Don't like it. It's a reverse Dairanger: long arcs of stupid sugar rush hijinks punctuated by one or two episodes of serious drama. And those pieces of drama never seem to impact the characters: Torin is a Deboss? Oh... well, we love you anyway. (By the way, I hated how only Torin resembled an ancient pagan god while the other Deboss were theme park mascots.)

On the plus side, I did like some of the story concepts. (The aforementioned Deboss, generations of heroes, etc.)

Kyoryuger had some nice ideas, but it didn't seem to know how to properly execute them.
The last quarter is where it stumbles on itself, and don't get me started on what they did to Torin, my favorite character in that show.
And I also agree that Daigo was basically Jesus in that series and the Red Centricness wouldn't stop with him.

It wasn't the worst, but it's not that great either. It basically gets turned into a Kamen Rider though with how they treated Daigo as if he was the only one who mattered, and that's not okay. The fact that it didn't end in the team taking down the final enemy really bothered me, because the rest of them really got no validation. The love story was atrociously done, and I never liked the ending.

Fighting scenes and Utchy were pretty great though, especially when they did the roll call during it.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
It basically gets turned into a Kamen Rider though with how they treated Daigo as if he was the only one who mattered, and that's not okay. The fact that it didn't end in the team taking down the final enemy really bothered me, because the rest of them really got no validation.

So...basically, Kyoryuger is like a "Kamen Rider"-esque sentai series with Dinosaur-themed sentai heroes, in it?!

Wow!!! And I thought Go-Busters felt more like an actual "Kamen Rider"-esque sentai series.

Mad Skillz
I feel like people sometimes get too stuck on the fact that Daigo was the one that took on Deboss in the end. It may not have been a traditional final battle, but you had everyone else doing what they could to help with the melody of the Earth thing. In the lead up to the final episode you also had various character arcs come to conclusions that range from okay (Souji, who I never really cared about) to fantastic (Ian). It's not even the only series where the red ranger is the only one to get a midseries power up.

The Daigo/Amy thing came out of nowhere and is something that the show should have started building towards when Yayoi first showed up. At least more than like, that one scene on the bridge. (personally I'm not a huge fan of that pairing to begin with but if you're going to do it, show some progression)

I'm a fan of Kyoryuger, like, I'm a really big fan of Kyoryuger, but it's definitely not without its flaws. That said, it's also some of the most fun I've ever had watching Sentai. During an era in which everything sort of just came and went without seeming new or interesting to me, Kyoryuger managed to keep me engrossed for most of its run. Watching that show made me feel like a new tokusatsu fan again, eagerly awaiting the next piece of the latest series. Even with ToQger, a show I enjoyed, that didn't happen as often.

I'd love to get Riku Sanjo on a Sentai again, but maybe this time with a different producer? It'd be interesting to see what he and Utsunomiya could cook up together.

I didn't like the Red centric-ness "Daigo & Friends" and musical aspects of the show, which seemed too much like something only Kamen Rider would come up with. though I've got to admit, the show is still fairly tolerable than Ninninger and Zyuohger combined. >_>

Lurker
So...basically, Kyoryuger is like a "Kamen Rider"-esque sentai series with Dinosaur-themed sentai heroes, in it?!

Wow!!! And I thought Go-Busters felt more like an actual "Kamen Rider"-esque sentai series.

King is the main hero of this show. He has a bike, a final form, and the plot revolves around him. During the final episodes, the other Kyougers even said stuffs like "We must help King so he can deliver the finishing blow", so yeah, it is pretty much a Rider show disguised as a Sentai show

King of Pepsi
Kyoryuger should've ended with Daigo getting nailed to the cross.