Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger EP 29- "All Out War! Dance Carnival!"

Could there be evolution? Maybe, but it is still a theory among several other explanations so we'll likely never know.

It's more or less speculation at what happened and what did not, so until then, anything is game. There has never been any transitory species discovered or proven, specifically in the case of people.

EVERY species is transitory, because all species are subject to natural selection. Even if that natural selection is only expressed through the social norms that dictates the romantic involvements of the modern human.
 
- I just want to point out that evolution is not just speculation, and the idea that it is is absurd. When we say 'the Theory of Evolution' we're using it in the sense of 'scientific theory.' This is what the American Association for the Advancement of Science says:

"A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact."

If it was speculation, the correct term would be a 'hypothesis' - something believed to be true or plausible, but which there is no well-substantiated body of facts to back up. We refer to scientific theories as theories not because we think there is a possibility they might not be true - the theory of gravity is not vying against an alternate theory that objects are desperately trying to escape the sky, it's a fact - but because we do not fully understand them.

Incidentally, we have found numerous candidates for the CHLCA, the common ancestor of both humans and chimpanzees: Orrorin tugenensis, ardipithecus kadabba, sahelanthropus tchadensis, for example.

Even if we hadn't, though, we can see the process of mutation that is an eventual lead-in to evolution just by looking around: An alsatian and a chihuahua are different enough to each other that we could very easily call them different species, and they are also both very different to wolves - which we know they came from, because we were the ones who bred those mutations into them. In addition, we can observe evolution taking place in simpler creatures, usually single-cell organisms, that reproduce much faster.

So let's not start going around claiming that evolution is just 'one theory among many' or 'purely speculation' - it's not, a basic understanding of biology or even just scientific terminology will tell you it's not, and suggesting it is is just silly.



*cough* Welp, that got long.

(It's still weird that Torin refers to dinosaurs as evolving into a beautiful lifeform. They evolved into birds. Birds are - fine, I suppose, and Torin probably feels a special connection to them, but they're not that great.)
 
.

*cough* Welp, that got long.

(It's still weird that Torin refers to dinosaurs as evolving into a beautiful lifeform. They evolved into birds. Birds are - fine, I suppose, and Torin probably feels a special connection to them, but they're not that great.)

Thanks for setting things straight better than I could :)

I think the point is that when Torin saw the Dinosaurs for the first time, he saw greatp otential in them. A potential that was sadly destroyed by Deboss' Extinctioners trio and Chaos. So he's trying really hard to avoid a repeat of History with humans.
 
Thanks for setting things straight better than I could :)

I think the point is that when Torin saw the Dinosaurs for the first time, he saw greatp otential in them. A potential that was sadly destroyed by Deboss' Extinctioners trio and Chaos. So he's trying really hard to avoid a repeat of History with humans.

Yup. As was mentioned in the episode, he was awed by the Earth itself, and the Dinosaurs which were the predominant life form and were his friends during the Deboss' first attacks.

Although we can probably say that the Deboss' activities actually helped humanity to evolve (in the context of the show's mythos), the Deboss really don't care about that themselves. They just want to eradicate what's already there.
 
Yup. As was mentioned in the episode, he was awed by the Earth itself, and the Dinosaurs which were the predominant life form and were his friends during the Deboss' first attacks.

Although we can probably say that the Deboss' activities actually helped humanity to evolve (in the context of the show's mythos), the Deboss really don't care about that themselves. They just want to eradicate what's already there.

I wonder if Deboss is related to Daleks in that he sees every other life form in the universe as horrible abominations that must be erradicated? I bet it spent millions of years destroying countless worlds before getting to Earth...
 
I think you guys are looking about this the wrong way

I think what's going on here is that certain dinosaurs and other ancient creatures "evolved" into the Jyudenryu through the power of Brave

no, it wouldn't technically be evolution, but it's a fictional kids show, so they don't exactly have to be scientifically accurate, and the term "evolution" has been used in this way in Japanese media before
 
In this case there was a foregone conclusion that the plot was copied, even if it's terribly obvious that the intrinsic details aren't there. It's fair to say that it does remind you of that plot, because it really does. However, to be afterwards disappointed because it was handled differently? It boggles me. Of course, it's going to be handled differently, because it's different.

Not "handled differently". Quickly resolved with seemingly no lasting consequences. There's a difference and you know it.
 
Not "handled differently". Quickly resolved with seemingly no lasting consequences. There's a difference and you know it.

There shouldn't be ANY consequences because of the nature of the differences. At least, not yet. It's likely Torin's going to get eliminated with the Deboss. But he doesn't need to right now, because he has the exact same goal as everyone else.

And yes, I know there's a difference: That's what I've been telling you all along! There was a difference at the start, so there's a difference on how it will end. You're the one insisting it's copied so it should be handled the same way :laugh:
 
And yes, I know there's a difference: That's what I've been telling you all along! There was a difference at the start, so there's a difference on how it will end. You're the one insisting it's copied so it should be handled the same way :laugh:

I'm bothered by how blatantly Kyoryuger copies other shows. That the Torin=Deboss reveal doesn't seem to be an issue anymore after only two episodes (as opposed to a mini arc or so) is a separate issue. I didn't ask for Torin to challenge Chaos for leadership of Deboss and tell his heroes to return to their normal lives.
 
I'm bothered by how blatantly Kyoryuger copies other shows. That the Torin=Deboss reveal doesn't seem to be an issue anymore after only two episodes (as opposed to a mini arc or so) is a separate issue. I didn't ask for Torin to challenge Chaos for leadership of Deboss and tell his heroes to return to their normal lives.

And that's exactly the problem. I hate to sound like a broken record, but you get bothered because "it's copied", then you complain that it's not copied to a tee.

That's a blatant contradiction, and digging your own grave i.e. You just want to nitpick at something. Is it copied or not? Make up your mind.

Now compare that to the mindset that "It seems they're going to be doing something like the Kaku storyline, let's see if they do it the same way." "Oh, it seems they didn't, that's a nice thing. Makes sense, Kaku and Torin's motivations aren't exactly the same. Let's see how this works out at the ending, where it should come into play again."

You can probably make a case for GaoSilver-Kyoryugold, and I can't comment on that because I haven't seen Gao. But in this case, you're absolutely wrong.

Remember, in this time, there are no more original plots.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top