X-Men 3: The Last Stand - Talkback *Spoilers*

GrnPsychoGarren said:
They could have tried giving her the Cure. That would have nullyfied her powers but I guess to some that would be worse than death.

Thing is, that leaves a big problem: how does Jean atone for what she did? While she's Phoenix, she
killed dozens, if not hundreds of people, human and mutant alike.
If they just gave her the cure, it would've meant she would have had to face prison time -- the rest of her life -- or be sent to a mental institution.

And that's putting aside the apparent temporary nature of the cure. (See the last scene before the credits, and the fact that Leech's own power is temporary.)

(Heck, this exact problem is the reason that the 616 version of the Phoenix Saga is such a mess. See the link to Wikipedia earlier in this thread.)
 
GrnPsychoGarren said:
They could have tried giving her the Cure. That would have nullyfied her powers but I guess to some that would be worse than death.
If they'd try to give her the cure, she'd have a huge temper tantrum. Ever seen a child that doesn't want to take their "medicine". :laugh:
 
Well I gotta say is I hated this movie. Well I'll admit to not being a big x-men movie fan, I never really liked X-men it just didn't feel right to me X-men 2 made me feel like the movies were all coming into place and was looking forward to X-3 instead we get this peice of crap movie.

The movie moved way to fast there was little to no character development I mean hello Other than Xavier, Wolverine, Storm and Beast all of the good guys were bit parts almost to the point it was criminal. I mean Collosus does fucking **** all and hardly says anything. Kitty Pride was well cast I wish she actually had a character.

The cure plot was an excellent choice but I felt it was totally bogged down by Phoenix who without Scott just didn't seem to belong in the movie at all. I'm not gonna complain about the way they decided about her powers but come on the Phoenix plot could carry a movie or two by iteself. Also if you cut that out you would have had an extra 20-30 minutes to add some character to the movie.

IMO this movie was a bad movie why because it had no heart or soul it just ran from start to finish and relied on what we knew from the characters in the first two. Sure the action was good but that's it nothing else was even remotely cool. Train Wreck why was it rushed to release only to suck.
 
Fenrir767 said:
Well I gotta say is I hated this movie. Well I'll admit to not being a big x-men movie fan, I never really liked X-men it just didn't feel right to me X-men 2 made me feel like the movies were all coming into place and was looking forward to X-3 instead we get this peice of crap movie.

The movie moved way to fast there was little to no character development I mean hello Other than Xavier, Wolverine, Storm and Beast all of the good guys were bit parts almost to the point it was criminal. I mean Collosus does fucking **** all and hardly says anything. Kitty Pride was well cast I wish she actually had a character.

The cure plot was an excellent choice but I felt it was totally bogged down by Phoenix who without Scott just didn't seem to belong in the movie at all.

Hello? Dark Phoenix does'nt give a damn about anyone, she's a darker personality, consumed with chaos and freedom from all things that "weaken her", love, compassion, freindship, restrictions, she belonged in this movie because the themes of the story were about choosing freedom or restriction.

Scott had NO CHARACTER, why do people keep crying over this? He was treated like **** in the trilogy and Jean had more scenes with Wolverine than with him period.

Train Wreck why was it rushed to release only to suck.

Well it clearly did'nt as it's only a minority portion that hate it.
 
Skyknight said:
Well it clearly did'nt as it's only a minority portion that hate it.

Dude, the more I look around, its looking like what Bolt said real early in the thread: This is the only place that has given X3 any other review than "suck".
 
Dude Dark Phoenix should have been a movie all by herself instead she was this super powered cronie that stood around doing nothing for most of the good damn film. I mean hell during the final battle when did she do something after everyone else was finished and she just goes crazy. It was lame as hell she had no character she was turned into card board. Jean loves Scott and if your gonna do the Phoenix plot you need to have those 2 in it.

The film was disjointed and just rushed through the film. Colosus had like 2 fucking lines that's criminal out of the 6 heroes half had more than a bit part in the movie. The movie was typical hollywood churned out garbage with a disjointed plot that moves two fast and no character development. If X-men had been done like this it would have flopped so hard the only reason it even stands up is because of the good action scenes.

Also read some of the reviews from critics. All of the positive reviews even say this movie isn't very good but it doesn't suck ass. I haven't seen one rave review of the movie yet.
 
Fenrir767 said:
I mean hell during the final battle when did she do something after everyone else was finished and she just goes crazy. It was lame as hell she had no character she was turned into card board. Jean loves Scott and if your gonna do the Phoenix plot you need to have those 2 in it.

Bullshit, Scott did nothing in these three movies to warrant any character depth or interest from the audience, and the whole point of "Phoenix" is that she's a completly different character, which, if you paid attention to the movie, is the last straw for her sanity when she breifly snaps back as Jean and learns of his death.

Once more, an avid X-3 hater does'nt get the point.

Also read some of the reviews from critics. All of the positive reviews even say this movie isn't very good but it doesn't suck ass.et.

It's a commonly shared opinion that critics are'nt always the end-all be-all of either a pro or a con consensus when it comes to movies, the majority of FANS enjoyed it, comic and Marvel fan alike. It's satisfying to know that the minority portion are using the "critics said this" excuse now.

Comic movies are supposed to be fun and energetic, if a comic has gigantic action sequences in ONE ISSUE, then obviously other issues have to carry the depth and the substance before making up for the style. There was nothing in X-3 that the first movie did'nt do before it. Good story, good buildup, then an action peice. X-2 is the kind of issue that sets up the substance and the depth, rince and repeat, and you have an adequete balance.

If Singer had done this movie, if he done this to the letter the same way Ratner did, you'd all praise him because it's Singer, I'm grateful for once that this time fans chose the high ground.

Comic fans have forgotten who they are for the most part, there roped in by shite like Cival War because it carries "political intrigue" that can't touch Frank Miller, there roped in by bloodbaths like Infinite Crisis because they've forgotten when "Crisis" represented the vulnerability and humanity of superheroes, and are only interested in seeing giant splash pages of superhero deaths, "shocking" villains (how does Superboy and Alex Luthor make A LICK of sense?) and action peices that they slam movies like X-3 for bringing to the big screen the RIGHT way.
 
Last edited:
There's a lot of people that hate it as well simply because when compared to the other X-men films it sucks. Phoenix is a completely different character honestly tell me what she does to add anything to this movie other than Kill some people then kill some more people and die. Tell me how Colossus and Kitty Pride had any sort of character development.

There are so many things they could have done with the movie. They could have removed Phoenix completely and that would have given them time to actually develop the new characters so that we actually care about them. The movie is flooded with bit characters that don't do **** the sad thing is that some of them are the main heroes which is completely fucking pathetic. The premise of the movie was good the execution was utter crap.

Also hit up rottentomatoes.com and go check out review of X1, X2 and X3 its funny how X3 has a 30% drop in critic approval rating.

The narrative was crap the story was rushed and heck I didn't give a damn about the characters. Ya Scott's character has been crap for the last two films. I don't really miss him I just don't see how you can tell the Phoenix story without Cyclops though makes no sense to me. The movie had to much going on to tell its story in 97 minutes which is why it sucks. It rests on the laurels of the two previous movies in order to have any sort of character development because **** there is none in this movie.
 
Bolt said:
You are a pretentious asshole.

Finally, someone has to say that. Well said, Bolt.

Anyway, in case about the Magneto...

[hide]he got his power back right close to the end credit. Remember the chessboard part?[/hide]
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top