Lurker
Let's face it, nothing's perfect. In fact, there are several opinions regarding toku movies/shows.

I will say that, of all the movies I watched so far, Super Hero Taisen is probably the worst movie I watched in Tokusatsu (though, that could be just because I haven't watched too much of them). I remember when the first trailer came out, people were excited..... Except me. I figured that, with all these characters, the movie would somehow suffer. And wouldn't you know, I was right. Essentially, it focused mostly on characters' stories that were well over their actual series, bland fight scenes, villains no one cares about, pure unnecessary fan-service, and it being an overall forgettable movie. As much as I hated the Super Hero Taisen movie franchise as whole, I'll probably hate the first one for a long time.

MV Maker
My Worst List (off the top of my head)
Kamen Riser Taisen - (I have never seen a bigger betrayal of characters than the Showa riders in this)
Super Hero Taisen - (Even knowing it was going to suck going in, I was still disappointed)
Super Hero Taisen Z - (Just because it "wasn't as bad as SHT" doesn't make it good)
Let's Go Kamen Rider - (noticing a pattern here?)
All Riders vs. Daishocker - (even for the time, this was awful)
Movie War Core - (I guess Positive x Positive = Negative here)
Kamen Rider Agito - Project G4 - (and that's coming from someone who liked the show)
Kamen Rider OOO - Wonderful - (why do so many of OOO's movies have to suck?)
W Returns - Eternal - (I love Sakamoto's work, but man, he dropped the ball here)
Garo Red Requium - (more out of disappointment than anything else)

EDIT: No idea how I forgot about The Next (goes to show how memorable it is), so just picture it somewhere near the middle of the list.

Last edited:
Shyni
(why do so many of OOO's movies have to suck?)

I dont think Wonderful was that bad. It had the thing with family and holding hands, so it at least matches the final episodes in some way. Let's Go made a big deal of "Kamen Riders are allies of justice", which, while it could work with some of the other shows, the only time OOO directly addresses "justice" was the grasshopper Yummy arc, where it was something that's not necessarily good, so it was just really jarring. Come to think of it, with the lineup of Riders that Date came with, Let's Go felt like it pretended every Rider was an ally of justice type... even the villain Riders.

Wow, this is a challenge for me. I know I usually say that I don't do favorites, that things I hate are way easier for me to list, but this is a challenge for me. I am usually super easy to please when it comes to Tokusatsu.

Hmm... I am a little afraid of some of the old school Super Sentai movies. I imagine it will probably be more enjoyable if I see them the way they were meant to be seen, but I remember watching a lot of them with bad bootleg subs, and they really did not leave a lasting impression on me.

I hated most of the Den-O movies and VS specials. I get that the show was popular, but the charm of the original series was gone with the constant movies and the recasting. Plus, I don't care how popular it was at the time, the show was OVER! Stop stealing the spotlight from other shows, you jerk! This is why Kiva failed so miserably, it felt like it had to compete with Den-O by copying their time travel gimmick.

I'm lukewarm about the Accel/Eternal movies. They were okay, but were they necessary? They didn't really bring anything new that changed the way we saw Kamen Rider Double, they didn't give us a twist ending or reboot any of the all ready established endings. They were just aftermath and afterthought movies, really. It's almost like a theatrical movie version of filler.

Missing Ace, the Blade movie, was just kind of dumb to me. But that's more of a personal preference thing; I know lots of others like it and I can see why.

And I guess the last thing I'm mostly lukewarm about it how Fourze and Wizard tried to reboot/reinvent some of the classic tokusatsu heroes (Akumaizer 3, Inazuman, etc), especially how some of them were re-imagined as villains. I do want to see the original shows some day, but I bet these characters were once beloved heroes that had an adoring fan base. It's kind of a kick in the face to bring them back, re-envisioned or not, just to promote some "Kamen Rider is better" message. Just because it withstood the test of time doesn't mean it's better.

EDIT:

Just remembered...

I guess I should mention the Decade & Double movie, or the final Decade movie as I call it. I really hated how they concluded Decade's personal story in this, but I'm not sure I blame the movie specifically for it. All I wanted was a better conclusion, preferably one that gets rid of the Alternate Rider Universes that Decade created, especially since it's not like we're going to see them again anyways. I don't know, maybe the creators wrote themselves into a corner with Decade or maybe someone better should have wrote the conclusion, but I really think we should have gotten something better then that.

Guillotine Gorilla
Movie War Ultimatum is abysmal and repulsive bullshit and easily worse than any of the Super Hero Taisen movies there is, worse than any toku movie in fact, that says nothing, does nothing, and ultimately is just a waste of everyone's time

Kamen Rider The Next far and away will always be my least favorite tokusatsu film and probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen period. I have never seen a movie suffer from so much tonal whiplash and a subplot that is so wildly out of place. I'll defend Toshiki Inoue for a lot, but I can never let him go on this one. The fight scenes were an improvement from The First, but this film was still nothing short of a disaster and I'm so glad it bombed. I wouldn't have wanted to see a third film in this series anyways.

Honorable Mentions in no particular order:
Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: W & Decade Movie War 2010 - Begins Night saves this turd from being completely unwatchable.
Kamen Rider x Super Sentai: Super Hero War - Just....what happened here?
Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider: Cho Den-O The Movie Trilogy Episode Yellow - Treasure of DIEND Pirates - I hated DiEnd in Kamen Rider Decade, so imagine my glee when he got his own movie.
Kamen Rider The First - Zzzzzzzzzz....
Kamen Rider Den-O & Kiva The Movie: Climax Detectives - Absolutely pointless on every level.
Kamen Rider Blade The Movie: Missing Ace - This movie was just dumb. So very dumb.

is Mayor of Farmville
Well...I would prolly mention the First Super Hero Taisen movie, since it was a convoluted mess of a plot, what with Freak'n Kaito taking the big machine coz he was jealous....

For me though, The Worst one, in my opinion, is Kamen Rider Den-O and Kiva: Climax Deka. I remember seeing the trailers for this and thought "Man...it's gonna be so awesome seeing Kiva and Den-O interact."

I couldn't be more wrong in so many levels. It was just an extended Den-O episode WITH WATARU KURENAI IN THE BACKGROUND. I still think Den-O is one of the best series in Heisei/Neo-Heisei, but...ugh....Why even bother that it's Den-O and Kiva when the Denliner crew dominated most of the screentime anyway, with little to no interaction with Wataru? I think most of the X-over movies for Kamen Rider up until W/OOO were absolutely horrendous. It was mostly about one Kamen Rider doing the job, with the other guy showing up just to help for the fight without seemingly having a reason to aid a fellow Rider. In that sense, the best X-Over movies I've seen were really...for Super Sentai.

Kamen Rider Beserker
Though I enjoy most of them (I usally have no problems with the sentai movies) the last few years of rider movies make me go from meh that was ok or really they really did that. Unlike some I did like Missing Ace as it least remember that there are normally 2 jokers in a pack of cards. The movie which I don't think I will every truly ever like is All Riders: Lets Go Kamen Riders, I have touched on this before in a different thread but the movie does some really stupid stuff but the ending is what killed it for me. They have a time machine they screw the past over and make it into a almost post apocalyptic world (where there are bad guys who shouldnt exist if shocker won exist) and then there is what happened to Riders 1 and 2 in this timeline and even after they win they dont go and change the timeline so it never happened all because of one damn kid.