The worst tokusatsu of all time one a Tokusatsu Network poll

S

scikaiju

How about you stop trying to project your hate for a show too others. just because you hate Build doesn't mean everybody else does. It's all a matter of opinion, yours is no more important than anybody else.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I can't even fathom how anyone that likes tokusatsu would even tolerate this enough to call it decent, it does everything conceivably wrong. Watching that felt like going through hell even if I was only watching one episode a day. It felt like my very being was being eroded attempting to withstand something this nightmarishly awful. I still feel broken after all this time has passed, after Zi-O fixed so many mistakes in the heisei era and even started off its first four episodes bone busting two lackluster entries in line like an FN MAG or an M4. Why people like something isn't the problem, it's how and in such sheer numbers. This poll feels manipulated almost.

D

Dr Kain

1. W and Shinkenger were in 2009, so neither of those should even be listed there.

2. Gaim, and Fourze were far superior to Build.

3. I'm not surprised Akibaranger was last since most still don't know that show, however, what about Tokusatsu GaGaGa?

S

scikaiju

Again it's you opinion and your opinion only. Obviously not everyone who had seen the show shares it. Here's a poll TV-Nihon did on their forum about their memberships favorite Heisei rider show, http://forums.tvnihon.com/viewtopic.php?f=244&t=23636 Zi-O, the show you claimed fixed things you felt were wrong, only got 3 votes while Build got 34. Maybe it's time to get out of your own ego and realize not everybody in the fandom thinks like you do

Zi-O, the show you claimed fixed things you felt were wrong, only got 3 votes while Build got 34
That is a conundrum, on the other hand I could see people not catching up right away or having zero faith in Kamen Rider after that abomination. On the other hand Russian bots have been present since stealing the 2016 election, it's not hard to assume they are taking over pop culture to sway opinions like TGWTG alumni have been attempting for years- OH MY GOSH WHY THE HELL DID W GET THE MOST VOTES!? It was painfully mediocre and I just noticed that! At least Gaim fans are easy to write off as just Type Moon loyalists. I swear I live in a constant fucking nightmare and it's name is life!
Maybe it's time to get out of your own ego
I don't have an ego, I only use facts. That demonic creation called Build damaged whatever could have been constructed as one.
and realize not everybody in the fandom thinks like you do
I came to that conclusion long before I got into Kamen Rider.

Gaim is debatable. But unless the last couple of episodes of Build and the side stories take a real downturn (haven't seen them yet), there's no way Fourze is better. Fourze isn't bad, but it let too many opportunities slip through its fingers for the sake of wacky hijinks, to be at either Gaim or Build's level.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

I agree that poll is stupid over all, but Build is a pretty good choice for the best show of the decade, considering that W and Shinkenger shouldn't be there (W has Returns movies in 10s, so it can sort of qualify at least).

I can't even fathom how anyone that likes tokusatsu would even tolerate this enough to call it decent
Because they don't project their own biases on it to the degree that you do.
A lot of criticism you leveled at Build can be given to something like Drive (that ironically has the same producer). Yet one show is "the worst tokusatsu ever made" and other is "the best Kamen Rider show". You should learn some self-awareness. If you're incapable of understanding why people may like a show like Build, it's only gonna get worse for you from now on.

it's how and in such sheer numbers.
Welcome to the adult world, where the things aren't always the way you want them to be.

t's not hard to assume they are taking over pop culture to sway opinions
I only use facts.
Actually I take it back. You should quit internet altogether to have some peace of mind for a significant amount of time. Start learning self-awareness after that.

Gaim is debatable.
I'd say Gaim and Build are more or less on the same level. After watching Build for the first time, I found it superior to Gaim over all, but coming back to later, I like the production side and cast of Gaim more, even if Build has better world-building, more ambitious and tight story as well as a better villian.
Fourze is nowhere near as good as either though. It's a lesser W through and through that wasted every good idea it had.

But unless the last couple of episodes of Build and the side stories take a real downturn (haven't seen them yet),
Can't say they take a downturn (at least not more than the entire last third of the show), though the ending was kind of disappointing for me in some ways. Gaidens are essentially fan-service for people who want more of the show, Grease one especially.

Build is a pretty good choice for the best show of the decade
No it is and always will be the worst.
Because they don't project their own biases on it to the degree that you do.
I don't project biases, I use facts.
A lot of criticism you leveled at Build can be given to something like Drive
Objectively incorrect, Drive did everything good, Build can't do anything correctly at any level. Saying otherwise is a good indicator if you are a sheep or not.
You should learn some self-awareness.
I already have it, smart people know what is good and what is bad.
If you're incapable of understanding why people may like a show like Build, it's only gonna get worse for you from now on.
My life is already hell and it'sbeen hell since it finished it. At this point I just support Big Tech censoring us, at least then I'll feel better.
Welcome to the adult world, where the things aren't always the way you want them to be.
Typical republican talking point, I bet you worship billionaires too.
Actually I take it back. You should quit internet altogether to have some peace of mind for a significant amount of time. Start learning self-awareness after that.
Throwing a bunch of sentences will never sway my mind.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Since you don't seem to be interested in actual discussion, I think I'll just stop having it with you.
Seek help, sounds like you really need it.