Why Super Sentai and Kamen Rider considered to be kid show?

Attracting other audiences isn't a fortunate side-effect, is something that was planned, a marketing strategy for any other possible customers/consumers. See for example the upcoming Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger, it is a kid show, but now they are also targeting train enthusiasts too, or the current Kamen Rider Gaim, which tries to appeal to Gen Urobochi's fans too to boost sales (even if it is only for dvd/blu-ray sales).

It's true that they're planning for the secondary audience, but that doesn't stop it from being a mere side-effect. The shows were conceived and started as primarily to be seen and appreciated by kids, and whatever additional audience is nothing but the producers taking advantage of a marketing opportunity.

Gorenger probably didn't have any sort of secondary market in mind, and the additional audience got added over through the years. Your examples even make it obvious that it's just a marketing strategy: So we make a show for kids and its about trains, so why not market it for train enthusiasts too? We're making a show for kids and their moms might watch it, so why not put in something for the moms to enjoy, too?

Finally someone who's making sense...

:laugh: You keep latching onto other's posts even if they don't actually support what you're trying to say :laugh:
 
:laugh: You keep latching onto other's posts even if they don't actually support what you're trying to say :laugh:


I'm sorry but did I say he supported what im trying to say? I said what he was saying makes sense. Specifically when he was talking about Toei attracting other audiences being planned which is similar to my "E" for everyone comment meaning that they are trying to attract more viewers than just children. Soooo the **** are you talking about dude?:eyebrow:

They put elements in these shows that relate to all ages. But anyway I have my opinion concerning the subject. I don't need anyone to agree how I feel about it. Who's looking for support? That's how discussions work right? Everyone is not always going to agree. Your attempt at being an asshole failed miserably.:laugh:

Or I guess my sense of humor is severely lacking...:rolleyes2:
 
Last edited:
It's true that they're planning for the secondary audience, but that doesn't stop it from being a mere side-effect.[...](Too "long" to repost :p )
Well, I was just saying that it wasn't a fortunate side-effect, but a planned one. Besides, I dunno what you understand by side-effect, but I understand it as this: If it's not planned it's a side-effect, otherwise it's an intended effect.

As I said earlier, The "secondary" (it isn't necessarily only two, it can be more) target group sometimes it's obvious, other times it's NOT as obvious, and granted, even if everything is planned it doesn't mean everything will turn as planned. Toei has years of experience with these shows, so they have enough information to properly plan their intended audiencies for the show (even it they don't advertise the "secondary" audiencies).

We can at least count as part of the "secondary" target group, the youngs/adults that grown up seeing the shows and now return for nostalgia or that never stopped to watch them.

At the risk of sounding rude why can't people just accept they enjoy a kids' show?
I dunno, it maybe has to do with the respective culture of where one lives. I'm perfectly fine watching these kid's shows, because they aren't as ridiculous as other ones I have seen, and personally, I love the Kamen Rider Concept.
 
They put elements in these shows that relate to all ages. But anyway I have my opinion concerning the subject. I don't need anyone to agree how I feel about it. Who's looking for support? That's how discussions work right? Everyone is not always going to agree. Your attempt at being an asshole failed miserably.:laugh:

Or I guess my sense of humor is severely lacking...:rolleyes2:

I'm not trying to be an asshole. It just seems to me like you're flailing around trying to desperately escape from the idea that SS/KRs are kid's shows. Like about how they're trying to cater to your demographic (thus the insistence on the non-existent "E" rating).

Yes, they will provide older fans a bone every now and then, but really, if they don't it shouldn't be any problem.
 
I'm not trying to be an asshole. It just seems to me like you're flailing around trying to desperately escape from the idea that SS/KRs are kid's shows. Like about how they're trying to cater to your demographic (thus the insistence on the non-existent "E" rating).

Yes, they will provide older fans a bone every now and then, but really, if they don't it shouldn't be any problem.


Yeah I guess. It just trips me out to know that they label it as such. When at times the shows definitely don't feel like it. But things are different culturally I guess. It's just hard as an American to view these as strictly kids shows when they have so much Adult content. Especially when I spend so much on the adult items from this genre in my hobby.
 
Last edited:
(thus the insistence on the non-existent "E" rating).

Are we talking about this "E-rating"..

[hide]
mzrUMwa.jpg
[/hide]

..or, something else? (half-joking, half curious)
 
I'm not trying to be an asshole. It just seems to me like you're flailing around trying to desperately escape from the idea that SS/KRs are kid's shows. Like about how they're trying to cater to your demographic (thus the insistence on the non-existent "E" rating).

Yes, they will provide older fans a bone every now and then, but really, if they don't it shouldn't be any problem.

Yeah, if they provide that bone to older fans, it is probably because they are targeting their wallet :laugh:

And yes, It is a kid show, regardless of any other demographic they try to appeal (any other demographic is, most likely, only targeted for their money). The real side-effect, is how the shows are enjoyable for us due to cultural differences. I mean, they aren't like the kid's show we know or see in our respective countries.

Wait a minute... is this what you tried to tell us before, kuroihikari?
 
It's just hard as an American to view these as strictly kids shows when they have so much Adult content. Especially when I spend so much on the adult items from this genre in my hobby.

America is extremely sensitive when it comes to kid shows.
I live in Denmark, and I have grown up with kid shows made both here in Scandinavia, as well as France, Germany and other places, and I have seen things here that not even the Japanese would allow.
It has become more strict, but when I was a kid, I grew up with danish cartoons that showed boobs and genitals.
I also remember having watched old childrens movies from Sweden, where they were not afraid to show naked girls under 15, as well as a little boy getting sexually abused by his classmates.
It was pedophile as hell, but was shown at 5 pm on the kids channel.

So to me, shows like Garo look completely innocent, while others think its super mature because it has boobs.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top