Henshin a Go-Go!!
Why would you want funimation dubbing sentai anyways? Saban build Power Rangers from the bottom up. It's an american pop culture, to be dubbing it wouldn't make any sense at this point, and dubbing Kamen Rider would be to weird for the american audience! Hence Ultraman Tiga!

Did you even watch the videos at the top the quality of dubbing is fantastic! And Power Rangers has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make. With all of the SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA bullshit going on toku will be more difficult to get ahold of especially the older stuff but if they sold subbed and/or dubbed dvds online/in retail then it wouldn't matter. I'm just seeing it as a way to get legal, licensed, quality toku. And the reason Ultraman Tiga failed is because they handled it terribly and the dub was atrocious. I'm not saying they have to show it on TV, we have PR for that, but I would LOVE some licensed toku over her other than Kamen Rider: The First.

Lurker
They redubbed Dragonball Z and it was popular culture at that point so why not dub Sentai or the Riders. Tiga only failed because it was going to fail because of 4Kids.
...uuuh...cause saban owns the rights

Did you even watch the videos at the top the quality of dubbing is fantastic! And Power Rangers has nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make. With all of the SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA bullshit going on toku will be more difficult to get ahold of especially the older stuff but if they sold subbed and/or dubbed dvds online/in retail then it wouldn't matter. I'm just seeing it as a way to get legal, licensed, quality toku. And the reason Ultraman Tiga failed is because they handled it terribly and the dub was atrocious. I'm not saying they have to show it on TV, we have PR for that, but I would LOVE some licensed toku over her other than Kamen Rider: The First.

Well that's fine an all, I'm just merely responding to your title there! I myself want to see metalder and some other metal heroes, but for kamen rider and sentai? . . . uh . . . yah . . . Cause 1, Saban owns the rights, so that right there is already an impossibility, and 2, there's some whole other mess you gottah deal with that I don't think you people are aware about, like the censorship, and the approval of the studio who own's the shows itself. If there's no audience big enough to put it out there in the US of A, then why waste there time? Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is a perfect example! The show was awesome! and it still bombed! They didn't even show the ending on the tele! It was already canceled! They had to show it online. With that said, how can anyone profit, with those kindah ratings? With that kindah support from the fans, how can anyone expect more toku contant? It's baffling to me . . .

Last edited:
I think the main reason why Funimation or anyone doesnt do dubs is that isnt power rangers copyrighted for all likeness also? or was that just a 90's thing

HenshinTheKid, I could hug you right now. You're saying all the things I've been saying, and I feel exactly the same way. :198:

Because of this topic, like many others, you are going to hear people argue the same stuff about how successful Toku would do in an American market. It's the same arguments that have been made over and over again. And even if they might have a point, there is one simple fact that has all ready been made:
Saban owns the right to Super Sentai. And I am not sure who owns the right to Kamen Rider at this point, but I am sure someone does.

Until the companies that own the rights decide to release the original show or collaborate with some other company to release them, like Funimation or Media Blasters, then we just won't see it and we shouldn't expect to see it. As much as we want to, it's a pipe dream right now.

If it were me, I would be the same as Tsuburaya. I would want my Toku titles and licenses to be made available in an uncut format, no adaptations like Power Rangers. However, unlike Tsuburaya, I'd keep trying until I found a method that works, like subbed streaming episodes online or researching to see which American company would be the best to license to. But Toei has other priorities right now, and that's making a profit. I don't think they want to risk putting uncut Sentai/Rider out there if it isn't going sell. And yes, I know, it's all about how you market it, the hardcore fans will support it, I've heard it all before. But it's still risky, and I bet Toei just doesn't want to risk it right now.

Skreeong!
It's not enough to say there is a demand, you have to show the companies; go to panels at conventions, take pictures, flash mobs with signs, create memes. with the help of the internet we can make this happen!

It's not enough to say there is a demand, you have to show the companies; go to panels at conventions, take pictures, flash mobs with signs, create memes. with the help of the internet we can make this happen!

i think toei is aware there are fans in the u.s., God knows they have had to track alot down on youtube:redface2:

and again, there has to be enough people to sell this to. Just the hardcore fans wont be enough.

Ugh, yeah, they managed to get a strike against me on Youtube last year for uploading the Goseiger henshin and rollcall. The same video is still up on Veoh.

As for the release of subbed Sentai or Rider, yeah, Saban owns the rights, so it ain't happening. Disney bought Sentai's rights to prevent Media Blasters releasing something.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
HenshinTheKid, I could hug you right now. You're saying all the things I've been saying, and I feel exactly the same way. :198:

Because of this topic, like many others, you are going to hear people argue the same stuff about how successful Toku would do in an American market. It's the same arguments that have been made over and over again. And even if they might have a point, there is one simple fact that has all ready been made:
Saban owns the right to Super Sentai. And I am not sure who owns the right to Kamen Rider at this point, but I am sure someone does.

Until the companies that own the rights decide to release the original show or collaborate with some other company to release them, like Funimation or Media Blasters, then we just won't see it and we shouldn't expect to see it. As much as we want to, it's a pipe dream right now.

If it were me, I would be the same as Tsuburaya. I would want my Toku titles and licenses to be made available in an uncut format, no adaptations like Power Rangers. However, unlike Tsuburaya, I'd keep trying until I found a method that works, like subbed streaming episodes online or researching to see which American company would be the best to license to. But Toei has other priorities right now, and that's making a profit. I don't think they want to risk putting uncut Sentai/Rider out there if it isn't going sell. And yes, I know, it's all about how you market it, the hardcore fans will support it, I've heard it all before. But it's still risky, and I bet Toei just doesn't want to risk it right now.

Well thank you, and i totally agree with your points as well. Mostly I'm just worried that "The Man" trying to turn the internet from a cyber wild west into goddamn Auschwitz will stop me/us from getting to enjoy Toku. I still haven't seen Jetman, KR Super-1, Ultraseven and tons of other older series and now I'm worried that I won't ever get to. I just wish we could find a way to make it work for all of us.:patriotic::nipponlove:

PS *hug!*

Lurker
Ugh, yeah, they managed to get a strike against me on Youtube last year for uploading the Goseiger henshin and rollcall. The same video is still up on Veoh.

As for the release of subbed Sentai or Rider, yeah, Saban owns the rights, so it ain't happening. Disney bought Sentai's rights to prevent Media Blasters releasing something.

And I say, **** Saban &/or Disney for doing that. I would rather watch the original versions, anyway.

its funny how hardcore fans try to instill "reasons" for the original sentai series to be introduced to the main US audience even though we all know saban would never do such thing... power rangers is an already established franchise backed with pop culture popularity... why would saban endanger its "baby" by introducing a similar yet different series in which its content might be "offensive" to others...

:castlerock: