What if Tim Burton did a Power Rangers season?

I would definitely not like to see this happen. I'm not a fan of Burton in the least, and even if I was, he'd be plugging the same storyline into the show, and too much of the same thing just doesn't work. It's happened with horror movie sequels, tv shows, and hell, even Power Rangers itself. Plus even if he did the show, it would become such a global icon, and I'm using those two words very loosely, that it would attract the Hot Topic generation, eventually turning Power Rangers into a mainstream fireball, only able to be put out by the next thing that Tim Burton attaches his name to.
 
I would definitely not like to see this happen. I'm not a fan of Burton in the least, and even if I was, he'd be plugging the same storyline into the show, and too much of the same thing just doesn't work. It's happened with horror movie sequels, tv shows, and hell, even Power Rangers itself. Plus even if he did the show, it would become such a global icon, and I'm using those two words very loosely, that it would attract the Hot Topic generation, eventually turning Power Rangers into a mainstream fireball, only able to be put out by the next thing that Tim Burton attaches his name to.

But it already has. Have you not even been in a Hot Topic lately? Hell that's where I got most of my cute PR shirts. There's a million scenesters walking around with them too. Tim Burton didn't have to do that.

He's highly creative and a good storyteller. However his fans are what I hate.
 
I'm not a hardcore Burton fan, I just thoroughly enjoy a lot of his work (Edward Scissorhands, Batman, and Nightmare Before Christmas being my top favorite). I think it's ridiculous how some of those die hard fans believe whatever he touches or comes out with turns to gold... I just think it would be interesting to see what direction he would go, if all rights or whatever was given to him.
 
But it already has. Have you not even been in a Hot Topic lately? Hell that's where I got most of my cute PR shirts.

And might I just add that the MMPR messenger bag that they have is
FUCKING EPIC!!!

The wristbands not so much
 
And might I just add that the MMPR messenger bag that they have is
FUCKING EPIC!!!

The wristbands not so much

The wristbands did suck, but I've got the messenger bag with all the zords on it and it's AWESOME. I've also get pretty much all the cute shirts and the Green Ranger helmet key thingy. Not gonna lie I bought the hell out of it all.

Also I loved Burton's "Big Fish". Amazing movie, plus i'm partial that it was filmed in my state lol.
 
Burton's stated flat-out in a few interviews that he doesn't really like superheroes. His Batman only turned out the way it did because it was toward the beginning of his career and the producer overturned a lot of his ideas for it.

A Tim Burton Power Rangers season would probably end up a nihilistic and bizarre deconstruction of the basic concept. I cannot imagine Burton would hold the basic material in any kind of esteem.

You would probably end up with a barrage of ideas on par with his aborted Superman movie ideas, like the Rangers wearing costumes that make their internal organs visible.
 
You would probably end up with a barrage of ideas on par with his aborted Superman movie ideas, like the Rangers wearing costumes that make their internal organs visible.

That seems like something you might see in Hellraiser, not Power Rangers

Besides, the FCC would never allow something like that these days, maybe in the 90's since Nickelodeon was able to get away with those Inside Out Boy claymation shorts
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top