Tim Burton Says He’s Done With Disney

Staff member
Film director Tim Burton, speaking this week at the Lumière Festival in Lyon, France, revealed he will probably never make another film for Disney. His last picture for the studio was the 2019 remake of Dumbo.
It’s more significant than most realize. Disney is where Burton was first hired. After seeing his CalArts student film, Burton was made part of the “new boys” team of animators in the 70s that also included John Lasseter, Don Bluth and a few others. All of these people left for one reason or another — Lasseter was fired, Bluth outright rebelled, and Burton was let go after his bizarre, macabre sensibility just didn’t blend with the Disney of that period.
Burton would go on to achieve fame through Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Beetlejuice and Batman, and once Disney was comfortable with his gothiness he returned to make The Nightmare Before Christmas for them, a...

Continue reading...

He had the nerve to say that despite of the fact he made Dumbo Flop and his Alice in Wonderland movies are too creepy and made me feel like I took LSD.

The person who genuinely made hundreds of millions of dollars working for Disney now thinks that the business is a dreadful circus. Strong words coming from him knowing that he benefited from them. However, Tim Burton is a big part of the issue if Disney is lousy. I'll never be able to forgive him because he produced those terrible Alice in Wonderland films and the most of his work from the prior 20 years. Despite these serious problems, Disney is still capable of producing quality films and television programs; it has done so in the past and will do so in the future. Burton simply didn't make the effort.

Burton has probably been informed by Disney that he won't be receiving any additional employment because the projects he worked on for them failed at the box office. He can make fantastic horror and adult fantasy films, but he can't do family-friendly fare. They appear spooky in the end.

I am sweet but a little bit Psycho
What is with people hating on Tim Burton here. He is a Genius of a director and did a lot of great movies. He is not perfect per se but he did a lot of classics. I am glad he is with Netflix because they will give him more creative freedom.

Going to Netflix is the right decision for him because of the creative control he can have with the platform. Disney tries hard to be family friendly way too much these days.Its the reason why their mature content ends up in Hulu.

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
I love what I watched from the Wednesday show by far. So Tim finds his new home.

M

Mikelo

What's the use of all those when he could have left with no stress and much hate?.
I will see how things will turn out for him with Netflix.

Jenna Ortega could be Tim Burton's next signature actor after Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham carter