Ziginz Zegell
No Fear, No Pain.
Hmmmm I can live with that thunder. I just don't want to see Draco out every fight, but I don't want it to be because he doesn't have the option. Consequences are one of the best options for evening out the meta.
Havoc, I will get to your profile shortly. Another American character...is antyone planing a Japanese character cause if not I will just put this in northern maine or something. Innsmouth comes to mind....
Solo: Huh...never thought of it that way? Then again I never let it bother me either. -___- Either because I know as much as I do about Japanese culture, or that no one has ever said anything to me about it. Errr in my mind I think it is alraight. If anything by playing a character of another culture and learning more about it you yourself learn more about them. Role Playing can be just as much about understanding other people as it is about beating the **** out of fictional monsters and fun times. Hope that makes sense.
I'll also be adding more info to the first post soon which should include information of Elementals and a short list of known Writhing Things. The information on the later won't be common knowledge, but certain documents and conversations/interrogations will provide this information to you guys.
EDIT: Havoc, thy sword is well honed, and vaguely familiar to me. Yet I cannot deny it bears its own forge!
Translation: I like this guy, I really do. Ryan is, at his core, a really good guy who wants to do the right thing, but has a mild complex about proving his skills. He wants to grow up to be like mom and dad, but is resentful that they are rarely there for him. This probably causes him alot of mental anguish since he loves and respects them, but also feels unnoticed and astranged from them. Yet even in all this he keeps getting back up and trying to be a good man. Byakko just showing up is sudden, but not too bad. I can imagine the sword sleeping on the tomb of its last weilder when it sensed something about Ryan that instantly drew him to his aid. Be it the Cosmic Lords, some similarity to his old master, or just thousand of years of instinct, Byakko bursts from the cave where it rested and flies to Ryan as Mjolnir would to Thor. Ryan does not question the event due to the danger at hand and draws the sword from the ground as Arthur did from the stone and defeats the threat. Unfortunately while he saved a woman's life, he also stripped her of her love. A duel victory and defeat for a man who already has experienced such pain. A man like him will need alot of spiritual council to survive the battles ahead, but his metal and valor will both be tested. Ryan could very well be a show of human nature before all is said an done.
In other words, Ryan is in.
We will need to discuse limitations regarding his mecha, however. In my mind we could make him a lesser Cosmic Lord who can intervene in certain situations to give aid to Ryan, but only for a short time. In another version we could go the route thunder did with Draco and make the Wang Tiger an assist character, or alternate form of Byakko. In this way his size could be as small as a humans, or adjusted to massive size to fight larger enemies. This would put a massive strain on Ryan's Qi, so the larger form would be a last resort move, but the smaller form could be like Zuuban or Ninjaman as an unlockable power for Byakko. We could even make it Ryan and Byakko's combined form similar to Steve and Draco as Flame Dragon.
Just be thinking about these details and feel free to use the suggestions or create your own alternative. You don't even have to use Wang Tiger if you don't want to. Just let me know what comes to your mind.
Man I am getting excited.
Havoc, I will get to your profile shortly. Another American character...is antyone planing a Japanese character cause if not I will just put this in northern maine or something. Innsmouth comes to mind....
Solo: Huh...never thought of it that way? Then again I never let it bother me either. -___- Either because I know as much as I do about Japanese culture, or that no one has ever said anything to me about it. Errr in my mind I think it is alraight. If anything by playing a character of another culture and learning more about it you yourself learn more about them. Role Playing can be just as much about understanding other people as it is about beating the **** out of fictional monsters and fun times. Hope that makes sense.
I'll also be adding more info to the first post soon which should include information of Elementals and a short list of known Writhing Things. The information on the later won't be common knowledge, but certain documents and conversations/interrogations will provide this information to you guys.
EDIT: Havoc, thy sword is well honed, and vaguely familiar to me. Yet I cannot deny it bears its own forge!
Translation: I like this guy, I really do. Ryan is, at his core, a really good guy who wants to do the right thing, but has a mild complex about proving his skills. He wants to grow up to be like mom and dad, but is resentful that they are rarely there for him. This probably causes him alot of mental anguish since he loves and respects them, but also feels unnoticed and astranged from them. Yet even in all this he keeps getting back up and trying to be a good man. Byakko just showing up is sudden, but not too bad. I can imagine the sword sleeping on the tomb of its last weilder when it sensed something about Ryan that instantly drew him to his aid. Be it the Cosmic Lords, some similarity to his old master, or just thousand of years of instinct, Byakko bursts from the cave where it rested and flies to Ryan as Mjolnir would to Thor. Ryan does not question the event due to the danger at hand and draws the sword from the ground as Arthur did from the stone and defeats the threat. Unfortunately while he saved a woman's life, he also stripped her of her love. A duel victory and defeat for a man who already has experienced such pain. A man like him will need alot of spiritual council to survive the battles ahead, but his metal and valor will both be tested. Ryan could very well be a show of human nature before all is said an done.
In other words, Ryan is in.
We will need to discuse limitations regarding his mecha, however. In my mind we could make him a lesser Cosmic Lord who can intervene in certain situations to give aid to Ryan, but only for a short time. In another version we could go the route thunder did with Draco and make the Wang Tiger an assist character, or alternate form of Byakko. In this way his size could be as small as a humans, or adjusted to massive size to fight larger enemies. This would put a massive strain on Ryan's Qi, so the larger form would be a last resort move, but the smaller form could be like Zuuban or Ninjaman as an unlockable power for Byakko. We could even make it Ryan and Byakko's combined form similar to Steve and Draco as Flame Dragon.
Just be thinking about these details and feel free to use the suggestions or create your own alternative. You don't even have to use Wang Tiger if you don't want to. Just let me know what comes to your mind.
Man I am getting excited.
Last edited:

