ULTRAMAN SAGA - Rumors and Pictures

I filmed an interview with Saga's FX director. Subbed in English. Please check it out!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4J45lAvR5A"]Ultraman Saga FX Director??????????????? (SciFi Japan TV #04) - YouTube[/ame]
 
Toshio Miike is a production designer/FX director. In this interview he was just explaining the ways he has to approach FX design on all the different franchises.

He's not a writer or director, so stories and characters have nothing to do with him. That's why he does not discuss these things.
 
I See ...

So, I understand that Mr Miike was discussing the special effects side of Saga, and not the storywriting/directorial side of the production. And, Tsuburaya's special effects are always outstanding, second to none. I just wish that the work of Mr Miike and others would get the much-wider audience that they deserve.
 
Speaking of effects...was Hyper Zetton in his big form ever a puppet for filming? I think have seen some things ( I THINK, please don't bash me.) that mention puppet work for Hyper Zetton but the film just had CGI for Hyper Zetton's big form. :sweat:

But I do have to say the miniature work in this film like in Dyna's entrance and all the other shots in natural light was amazing.
 
Last edited:
Off-Topic,

for your opinion, who is the more suitable host for Zero?
Ran or Taiga

but for me, Ran from Belial Empire is more suit because he is look more mature and confidently for Zero than Taiga that look more like a kid :laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top