ULTRAMAN SAGA - Rumors and Pictures

But, he was walking down in the street, and was dressed in a different outfit than usual, which I presume was due to the season/temperature. Why would a dead person walk down the street and be affected by climate like that? I mean, if it was just the memory of him, wouldn't he be wearing his normal outfit, and look like what he's remembered as looking (like Komon's vision of him earlier in the episode), instead of dressing for the cold like a living person would? At least, I assume it was cold at the time. That kid Komon saved was dressed in a thick, winter-looking jacket, and Jun appeared in front of a tree bare of leaves. Also, didn't Sakuta say in episode 25 that she was certain about Jun being alive? Plus there's the fact that the explosion didn't kill Mizorogi.
 
The writer, I believe, commented that that was just to pay homage to the guy.

He's dead.

I'll have to track down the source for this, but I'm almost positive. That was just something of a nod to his fans. It's the same reason why Shiori Hiraki showed up in the finale-just a cameo to remind us of the lost.
 
The writer, I believe, commented that that was just to pay homage to the guy.

He's dead.

I'll have to track down the source for this, but I'm almost positive. That was just something of a nod to his fans. It's the same reason why Shiori Hiraki showed up in the finale-just a cameo to remind us of the lost.

Thing is, at no point in the show did anyone say "Jun Himeya confirmed dead". Indeed, the only instance I remember any character giving a definitive answer to the question of Jun's current status, she said "I know he's alive, I'm sure of it". He looked more ghostly in the vision talking to Komon during the battle than he did at the end of the episode. And well, Ren also appeared to Komon as a similar sort of "vision" during that battle, and the end of the previous episode established that he didn't die.

While I don't doubt that somebody in charge did say that Himeya died, I'm sure there must be a reason as to the show itself never actually telling us that he died.
 
Last edited:
I wonder if Daigo(Hiroshi Nagano) would gain back the Spark Lence again in the future besides the Super Ultra 8 Brothers.
 
Last edited:
SASQ

Thing is, at no point in the show did anyone say "Jun Himeya confirmed dead". Indeed, the only instance I remember any character giving a definitive answer to the question of Jun's current status, she said "I know he's alive, I'm sure of it". He looked more ghostly in the vision talking to Komon during the battle than he did at the end of the episode. And well, Ren also appeared to Komon as a similar sort of "vision" during that battle, and the end of the previous episode established that he didn't die.

While I don't doubt that somebody in charge did say that Himeya died, I'm sure there must be a reason as to the show itself never actually telling us that he died.

I suspect that, considering that Nexus was the first Ultra series to be outright cancelled, due to, in great part, it's darker, more "mature" themes of characters being killed off, corrupted, mind-wiped, etc.; that the montage at the end, where we hear Komon stating that everyone's alive, was the producers' way of attempting to reassure the audience that everything was ok, that it hadn't been as nasty as it actually had been. A nice gesture, but a tad too late ...
 
It was cancelled because it was a dark, long-form, story-based drama crafted for a prime-time slot but aired at 7:30 in the morning. Thus, the kiddies who expected something along the lines of Ultraman Cosmos were completely baffled by what they were seeing while the actual target audience was still asleep. The show's ratings improved when aired in a late-night slot and was able to capture an audience closer to what it was originally intended for.

Which I think I've told you more often than not so I'll assume this'll go over your ahead once again. ㅎ_______ㅎ
 
None So Blind ...

It was cancelled because it was a dark, long-form, story-based drama crafted for a prime-time slot but aired at 7:30 in the morning. Thus, the kiddies who expected something along the lines of Ultraman Cosmos were completely baffled by what they were seeing while the actual target audience was still asleep. The show's ratings improved when aired in a late-night slot and was able to capture an audience closer to what it was originally intended for.

Which I think I've told you more often than not so I'll assume this'll go over your ahead once again. ㅎ_______ㅎ

... as those who REFUSE to see.

And, have their fingers in their ears going, "la-la-la-la-la."

But, thank you for still admitting the truths, that Nexus failed because it wasn't the type of program that the Ultraman fans of that time-slot could accept. Not because of a complex, long-form storyline, but because it was too dark and violent for them. And the fans that it was designed for, couldn't be bothered to set their VCRs to record it.

Let alone actually get up and watch it ...

Personal anecdote here: From 2002 to 2009, when Power Rangers was running on ABC Family, here in my hometown, the ABC station put it on at the ungodly hour of 5:00 AM, rather than the normal 8:00 AM, or 11:00 AM.

That's right; at FIVE O'CLOCK in the freaking morning!

And, sometimes, they'd pre-empt it without warning.

So, I set my VCR to record it, and checked before leaving for work what it recorded. Then recorded the rest of my Saturday programs.

Now, if I, a laid-back American, could be bothered to make sure I didn't miss my favorite show, surely the audience that the Nexus program was aimed at could have done the same. But, for some reason, they didn't.

Or, worse yet, from your point of view, they did check it out - and decided it wasn't worth their time and effort. At least, not until it re-aired in a more convenient time-slot. But, by that time, of course, it was too little, far too late.

But, the problem wasn't the complex storylines; Ultraman and other toku programs have had that at times, without any trouble. What set Nexus apart from the rest was its' more horrific elements: people being eaten alive on-screen, the government attacking its' own people to cover up the truth - and their asses, etc. And, needless to say, the actual audience at that time didn't much care for that. Neither, no doubt, did their parents ...

According to Aoi Kurenai elsewhere, the TV station had decided to air a program called Gundam SEED Destiny in the time slot originally planned for Nexus. It worked out quite well for them there, and, acknowledging that Nexus was mis-programmed, they allowed Max, which was a much more traditional type of Ultraman, to air, rather than cancelling Ultraman entirely.

Perhaps if they'd run a regular-type of Ultraman show in the regular time-slot, while running Nexus in the original late slot, it might've worked out.
 
Last edited:
So you're saying you and average Japanese has the same TV watching habit? Wow, now I've seen everything. You just won't listen to anyone as long as you got you're own theory, I don't think anyone should argue with you anymore, as someone who watched both GSD and Nexus in their original airing and still find them nostalgic, I find arguing with you tiring and troublesome. Maybe if you could back up your claim by showing if Japanese has the same habit as you are? Or maybe you just live in your own small little world where only you and Dyna exist?

There's a reason why most adult anime and live programs are aired in the so called "Otaku O'Clock", it's where adult people who still watched anime and Tokusatsu usually watched their shows. If Nexus had aired in the same timeslot as Seven X it would probably more successful, they should have aim for the DVD sales success rather than rating for a dark series like that. Kinda remind me where Evangelion failed during their original child friendly time slot but become successful when they were aired at a late night timeslot.

Also, you should learn more about the Otaku culture in Japan, maybe broaden your view on the Japanese viewing habit, rather than filtering it in your own small, narrow minded one. You know, you said that you're new to Tokusatsu, but you keep blabbering like you know everything. Too bad this isn't the real world, if it is nobody would be listening to you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top