Ultraman Retsuden-Talk Up! SHUWATCH!!

Does The "A" At The End have Any Particular Significance In Japanese Writing?

So we're going back the "a" at the end of the name like Tig"a", Dyn"a" & Gai"a".

I had thought that "Gaia" was adopted from the Roman name for the goddess of the Earth, "Dyna" had been a "made-up" name that was short for the English word "dynamic", and "Tiga" had been based on the modern-day name of the district in which he'd been found.

But, now you're saying that having "a" at the end of a Japanese name means something more?
 
^ Tiga was actually named after the Indonesian/Malay word for three, since he was the first Ultraman with three forms, or something. The location's modern name is Akita, part of Tohoku (see here). I think the supposedly old name of "Tiga" might have just been made up, but I don't really know.
 
^ Tiga was actually named after the Indonesian/Malay word for three, since he was the first Ultraman with three forms, or something. The location's modern name is Akita, part of Tohoku (see here). I think the supposedly old name of "Tiga" might have just been made up, but I don't really know.

Yup, that the point.
 
Okay, why can't I find any of the Zero Fight episodes on YouTube anymore? I didn't get to watch ep. 15 yet! Did you Tsuburaya ever upload the last episode on their channel? (the one oku linked to, which I can't watch either looked like it was a TV rip based on the still image)
 
So, I'll have to wait for the DVD then. When does the second DVD come out, again?

Also, I remember the Zero Fight episodes were advertizing something dated May 30th. "Urutora Dai-somethingsomething". What was it?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top