Skreeong!
So I saw the first episode and it was pretty meh, it was basically a clip show showing various Ultras of the past and present except for 80, Neos, Nexus, Seven X, Ultra Galaxy and Zearth and the American Ultras.

Next episode deals with Ultraman fighting Baltan.

hopefully this leads to a new series.

Lurker
They also introduced the names of the moves and the show is really not that great.

Probably it's a build up to the new movie.

レイモン (雷蒙)
Yeah agreed.
The show kind of reminds of Ultraman Zero Magazine video.

SLICE
I wonder why the ones that were left out...were left out.

Mind, Seven X is understandable.

..........he's UltraSeven. They already included him.

Looking over Bad Wolf's list of the excluded Ultras, I'm tempted to think that this show is concentrating on the highest-rated Ultras. Or, maybe the others will be covered later on.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to any info on the upcoming movie that shows up on Retsuden. Along with cool history facts on the Ultras that I hadn't gotten before. (Still waiting patiently for GUIS ... )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have thought that the reason UltraSeven X was ignored was that the morpher had been taken from the real UltraSeven, and given to someone else.

SLICE
Looking over Bad Wolf's list of the excluded Ultras, I'm tempted to think that this show is concentrating on the highest-rated Ultras. Or, maybe the others will be covered later on.

Frankly, I'm looking forward to any info on the upcoming movie that shows up on Retsuden. Along with cool history facts on the Ultras that I hadn't gotten before. (Still waiting patiently for GUIS ... )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have thought that the reason UltraSeven X was ignored was that the morpher had been taken from the real UltraSeven, and given to someone else.

Not really. As we learn in the finale of UltraSeven X, spoilers for whoever doesn't want them for the record...

[HIDE]The main character WAS UltraSeven the entire time, just without his memories. He was inhabiting the body of Jin, to save his life, and due to the way they had to merge, Jin got pushed waaaaay in the back and Seven's memories were locked away. The show also says, oddly enough, that if Seven and a human merged like Ultraman does, the human's mind and his cannot coexist. Seven's would wipe out the human mind. It kind of fits, with what we see in UltraSeven Evolution, and later how Ultraman Zero takes a human host.[/HIDE]