Orb and GEED have removed my least favorite element of Ultraman, the science military team, and I have been loving it.
Funny you should mention that, it's one of the things I most miss about recent Ultra series. Without them it feels to me too close to the kind of thing Kamen Rider would do.

I do enjoy how this series goes back to having it's main character be the Ultraman in disguise and the other is an Ultraman's host. It feels more "Ultraman-y" than the way Orb just seemed like Gai has a transformation item like every other toku.

I have to give this show some credit. I never really liked Zero that much until now. He had two character traits - being cocky and waaay overpowered. Giving him his first long-term host has let me finally start warming to him.

At the moment I have too many nitpicks with the show to find it great, but it's OK. It started to "click" with me after half a dozen episodes. I just hope it doesn't run out of steam towards the end like Orb did. *crosses fingers*

Last edited:
Right! I finally had the time to catch up on Geed's finale!

DRx2YvrWkAA3eKj.jpg:small

Could that be the last we see of Belial? I kinda hope so. He has the most awesome looking suit in the franchise but he's died and come back so many times and IMO it's time for something new.

Overall a pretty cool series. I think I prefer Gai over Rikku personality-wise, but unlike Orb this series didn't run out of steam towards the end. Leito's actor did amazing portraying both his normal self and possessed by Zero self. I was sceptical of Laiha at first as she seemed to be yet another instance of director Koichi Sakamoto inserting hs favourite archetype to fuel his leg fetish, but in the end she's one of the coolest female characters the franchise has had (even if her sword is very wobbly at times :p).

Oh and I have to shout out Zena, if only because his actor is also Geed's suit actor (and as I understand has been the suit actor for most of the recent Ultras) and it's cool to give suit actors a "face" role.

Anyway, until the movie comes out (fingers crossed someone subs it), it's back to waiting to see what Tsuburaya does next. Hopefully they keep this momentum going.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

So we watched episodes 16-20 tonight and I have some mixed feelings. Sixteen and 17 were great, but they felt like they should have been the grand finale of the series. None of the three episodes we watched after it felt all that impressive. I also instantly hate the Misery lady. Not only does she make no sense, she feels tacked on while also being poorly acted. The fights also don't feel as grand suddenly and I'm already tired of Geed's king form. They're not bad by any means, and the one with Geryon was interesting (though, he seemed A LOT weaker than his Ultra Seven counterpart), but I feel like these episodes were tacked on.