Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen - TALK UP!

The film is holding a solid 22%, very low score. At this rate RotF is going to end up as one of the worst received films so far this year. I'm predicting Razzies for this movie and for Bay.
 
actually, it might end up as the worst reviewed movie but the box office ticket sales speak very differently. And ticket sales are what matter most. Reviewers might say "it sucks" but when your friend says "dude it was awesome" who are you going to trust first?
 
actually, it might end up as the worst reviewed movie but the box office ticket sales speak very differently. And ticket sales are what matter most. Reviewers might say "it sucks" but when your friend says "dude it was awesome" who are you going to trust first?

None of the above. I go and watch it for myself. In this case the critics are right.
 
The film is holding a solid 22%, very low score. At this rate RotF is going to end up as one of the worst received films so far this year. I'm predicting Razzies for this movie and for Bay.



Now I'm just waiting for Bay to crumble and go: "WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT!?"

Everyone else: "TRANSFORMERS DAMN IT!!!"

I'm seriously not enthused about the movie... it didn't spark my interest at all much... (pun not intended... or maybe it is. :P)
 
actually, it might end up as the worst reviewed movie but the box office ticket sales speak very differently. And ticket sales are what matter most. Reviewers might say "it sucks" but when your friend says "dude it was awesome" who are you going to trust first?

Well there's a difference between Critical Reception and Financial Reception, which is why those two are different categories. You don't judge the quality of the movie depending on how much money it made. And you don't judge how much a movie will gross depending on how good the movie is. This is below FIS 100 stuff here, almost common sense. And ticket sales only matter if you want to see a sequel or not for a franchise film like this.

And I will always trust someone that has a well formed opinion and knows what he's talking about over someone with no background or knowledge of Cinema spewing random crap at me. Even if I don't agree with their opinion I'd trust the more erudite one. See they may be my friends but it doesn't mean that they are automatically film experts. Usually its the critics like Ebert that I trust over some friend saying "OMG th1s movie is sooo awsuummm it has explosions and shiiiit so fuuuunny". But luckily I'm surrounded by others that are well versed in films so their opinion will be just as learned as someone like Eberts, and I'll probably listen to it even if I don't agree with it.

And no RotF wont end up as the worst critically received movie this year, just one of the worst. Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li secured its title with its whopping 4%.

If I remember correctly, critics panned the 86 movie as well as it also tanking at the box office.

It got mixed reviews, it wasn't as widely panned as RotF is. Besides 1986 was a different time and there were different standards back then. Animation, if it wasn't Disney at least, was considered to be "kids" stuff still (but not as much as it was years before), so it wasn't really rated in a fair manner back then.
 
Last edited:
jsut got back from the IMAX version...all i have to say is i give it 8/10, the action was fucking awesome and Optimus Prime Forest fight is the main highlight of the entire movie...

The bad thing about the movie:
- it slowed down a bit in the middle after the forest fight.
- a lot of robots just come and go
- Sam's roommate is stupid and un-needed
- Not enough robot action at the end with the rest of the Autobots beside Prime and BB
- Some dead Decepticons came out of no where like Bonecrusher and Scorponok
- Didnt realize there were a **** load of Constructicons, some fighting against the army and others forming Devastator...
- Wished Jetfire had more fighting action time...
- Was looking for an Autobot assault on Devastator but that didnt happens since it battled the Twins instead...
 
I hardly call myself a super fan, and I grew up with it in the 80's. I was 11 when it started, but I still grew up with it. G1 wasn't the end all be all, but it was a fun watch. I didn't like this movie because it was badly written trash. And the kids that grew up back then arn't kids anymore.

Ah, but when I mean superfans, I mean people who have watched beyond G1, or at least knowing of it's possibly existance. This movie at least have occasion methos from later Transformers history.

The first one honestly isnt special at all. Explain to me how car chases and running is special? ROTF had a more unique journey for the characters which pretty much put it head and shoulders above the first. People DID something in this movie.

People did something in this movie, yet the Transformers didn't really do anything. Introduction movies are always hardest to do, but there was enough development for the characters and they all got a resolve at the end of the movie, as well as the Autobots. It was perfectly ended so it may have never needed another squeal.

You're pretty much wrong on all fronts there.

The Fallen is a character that only superfans would actually know about, he never appeared in the cartoon, Megatron never had a visible master or answered to anyone.

The Fallen wasnt true to his comics counterpart, but he acted very much like The Leige Maximo, in the comics, he was the inspiration for The Decepticon cause and speculated to be Megatron's father. His scheme to use the sun's energy to become a God is borrowed almost straight from "Allignment", a novella Furman wrote years ago as an epilouge to the Marvel G1/G2 continuity and it's seen as the spiritual prequel to Beast Wars. Again, this is **** only superfans care about.

Other aspects, such as the "War of the Primes" having a similar backdrop to Beast Wars, would also apply to superfans more than casual G1 fans. ROTF was "Transformers for Dummies", a crash-course in an abridged version of the mythology for the mainstream thrash, but a lot of it came more from the comics and Beast Wars than it ever did the G1 series.

This hasn't disproven anything I've said and you've also counteracted your arguement by saying The Fallen was even different in the movie.

..."Regular people", pppft, as if that's a compliment

I love how the "Gay for Bay" fans act like the internet is a completly different species. I don't go near the Transfans because of other reasons, but many of the better ones are very much thinking like Hasbro almost all the time...how you can something meatier and make the kids watching feel like the toys represent an oddisey.

Yes, the regular people in society. The ones who use the Internet for Facebook and sending emails, those regular guys. The ones that make up 100:1 of the population.

Kids arent stupid. People who make that accusation like a "know-(sh)it-all" arent too far off the mark though.

And my kids didnt like Spider-Man 3.

Kids are mega fucking stupid. We all were when we were kids, we'd buy into anything, you and your kids aren't anything special like you may think :laugh:
 
Kids are mega fucking stupid. We all were when we were kids, we'd buy into anything, you and your kids aren't anything special like you may think :laugh:


Almost anything, but yeah point still stands. You're easy to manipulate when you're young. Toy commercials work mang.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top