Top 5 Ugly Rider Suits

Who ever said I love Chalice and Leangle? Where's the post that I said those? Can you prove it please???

so you started all this for no reason??

If you feel butthurt just because the field of your expertise is being questioned, then sorry about that but ALL WE SAID WAS THAT THE DESIGNS WERE EXPLAINED after you asked "WHAT THE HELL BLADE?!". I'm a programmer, so I'm a logical thinker. If you thought I was attacking you in my very first reply, then you are wrong, I'm just not a graphic artist to beautify my post or whatever.

the plot surrounding the designs was explained but i still dont feel like that justifies some of the decisions made designing the suits and i think that they could have been so much more

Pathetic? You saying one thing, then changing the next, the going back, IS PATHETIC, you can't even stick to your own side. You said they suck for for a baseless reason since you don't know why they're different (since you asked a question), then said you might change your opinion if you watched the show, then now you're sooo sure you won't like it no matter what even if you still haven't watched the show. Tsk.

i never changed my mind i still feel the same as i did at the beginning. and even though youve told me why theyre different it doesnt change the fact that i dont think the designs look good on their own or as a part of the playing card motif the question of "WHAT THE HELL BLADE??!?" was rhetorical. i probably wont like the suits any better than i do now but i should still allow the possibility of that opinion to change thats what im trying to say and i dont need anyone else to explain what im saying im plenty intelligent and what im saying is valid just cuz you see it differently doesnt mean you or i are wrong its a difference of opinion thats all this boils down to

Seriously, you should grow up. Calling people 'twat'? That's just sooo mature.
PS. Can you also show me where I first attacked you? As far as I can see, you're THE VERY FIRST who brought up "ego" into the equation. :rolleyes2:

it became an attack as soon as you felt the need to make multiple posts contradicting my opinion which doesnt make any sense cuz its an opinion and you dont know me dont tell me to grow up and its not like youve been the epitome of maturity either all in all i dont see why you felt the need to (after explaining the context) keep going and going and going its just unnecessary
 
This is a discussion thread. There will be differences of opinion. However, calling someone a "twat" is never OK under any circumstances. If you are unable to accept that others do not necessarily feel the same about something that you do, then you don't have to post in this thread.

That goes for you too, 'Sashi.
 
^ Sorry, but as you see, I never insulted the guy until he presumed there was ego involved. Didn't even call him any names until he brought up the "condescending douche" card too.

so you started all this for no reason??

Started what? Explaining to you why Chalice and Leangle's designs were different from Garren and Blade? Was that supposed to equate to loving Chalice and Leangle? If you think so, then no wonder you're career isn't that of a mathematician/logician/programmer.

I explained to you why they are like that since you asked, so as far as I can see, you actually owe me a decent 'thank you' for giving you some information. I never added any context, all I did was explain why they are like that. You're the one who shifts with different opinions so don't point your finger at me.

the plot surrounding the designs was explained but i still dont feel like that justifies some of the decisions made designing the suits and i think that they could have been so much more

Good for you, but it worked for most of us. We understood why it had to be different and most even loved the designs.

i never changed my mind i still feel the same as i did at the beginning. and even though youve told me why theyre different it doesnt change the fact that i dont think the designs look good on their own or as a part of the playing card motif the question of "WHAT THE HELL BLADE??!?" was rhetorical. i probably wont like the suits any better than i do now but i should still allow the possibility of that opinion to change thats what im trying to say and i dont need anyone else to explain what im saying im plenty intelligent and what im saying is valid just cuz you see it differently doesnt mean you or i are wrong its a difference of opinion thats all this boils down to

Yes it was rhetorical, but it pretty much showed you had no clue whatsoever with the series and as to why the designs are different. It's not about opinion, it was about information at that point since you were totally clueless as to why they were designed that way.

The opinion I was talking about was "don't like since you don't know, giving it a chance until you see it, then to hate it even if you still don't know".

it became an attack as soon as you felt the need to make multiple posts contradicting my opinion which doesnt make any sense cuz its an opinion and you dont know me dont tell me to grow up and its not like youve been the epitome of maturity either all in all i dont see why you felt the need to (after explaining the context) keep going and going and going its just unnecessary

Multiple posts? As you see, those 2 posts of mine namely:

http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showpost.php?p=1406278&postcount=122

and

http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showpost.php?p=1406280&postcount=123

Are separated since it tackles two separate posts of yours. Before writing post # 123, I saw that you were viewing the thread, so I assumed the possibility that you were replying to post # 122. So not to add confusion by suddenly having a new paragraph in post # 122 in-case you replied to it, I made it a separate post. It wasn't spamming nor was it trying to overwhelm you, it was simply a logical move to try and lessen the confusion in the case that there will be any concurrency.

And again, I NEVER SAID I WAS THE EPITOME OF MATURITY NOR DO I LOVE CHALICE AND LEANGLE'S DESIGN.

:sayin:
 
If it counts, I'm an aspiring designer/artist/illustrator/comic writer AND I dislike Leangle's designs(specifically the helmet design.), and I may like Chalice's design, but I don't go gaga over it like some do. You can see in my first post on this thread on the top of page two of me putting Leangle in my list. It also too me a while to start to like Blade and Blade King Form's designs.

I believe that when it comes to designing a costumed character, the design should signify something if anything. Imagine Batman was Cute-Rabbitman or say Superman looking much more like a devil than a hero. Say if you are designing footsoldiers, they have different ranks from Privates to Lieutenants to Captains, but their basic design is still the same. That's because they are part of the same group.

Look at it this way, Blade and Garren are footsoldiers, Leangle is a captain that is developed a period of time(Which was never made clear in the show) after the creation of Blade and Garren. Obviously it'll look different, and Chalice? He's from a totally different army.

You as a designer should know that a design that has no meaning isn't a very good design. Like songs without meanings are less amazing than a song with meaning, even if the latter can be a bit boring. You gotta watch the show for yourself to know the reasons. But you're contradicting yourself by saying that "W's design is good because every part of it has a meaning for it to be like that" and saying that "regardless of context I find Leangle and Chalice breaking the chain of design that Blade and Garren had." Those two are different because there are reasons.
 
Last edited:
see this is the kind of discussion we should have been having all along

Look at it this way, Blade and Garren are footsoldiers, Leangle is a captain that is developed a period of time(Which was never made clear in the show) after the creation of Blade and Garren. Obviously it'll look different, and Chalice? He's from a totally different army.

See this I understood from the get go and while I didn't know how it tied into the plot I could see what they were going for (at least with Leangle) and I get it. For me, with the card playing motif, I would have designed them as being equals considering that in most card games the aces all have the same value thats what I've been trying to get at this whole time.

The way I see it is, if you are using the same power source (rouze cards) and there are 4 guys who represent the 4 card suits, I would want them to look like they are a part of the same group, but with the route they decided to take its more about the belt and less about the cards. I would've taken more of a Ryuki V-Buckle approach where they have the same model of belt but the card is what dictates the differences, if you catch my drift.

You as a designer should know that a design that has no meaning isn't a very good design. Like songs without meanings are less amazing than a song with meaning, even if the latter can be a bit boring. You gotta watch the show for yourself to know the reasons. But you're contradicting yourself by saying that "W's design is good because every part of it has a meaning for it to be like that" and saying that "regardless of context I find Leangle and Chalice breaking the chain of design that Blade and Garren had." Those two are different because there are reasons.

See and now I understand Chalice and Leangle better, but even though I understand I'm still not a big fan of their suits (thats what i meant by context aside.) Had I been a part of the design team I would have wanted to maintain the concept of equality with the playing card motif and then with their individual rouze cards, weapons, and role within the plot to be what differentiates the characters but thats just my personal preference.

I will stand by with what I said about W. I think that, that suit (regardless of how minimalist the design is) is communicating way more than a suit like Blade its just more subtle about it.

Anyway to wrap up my point from the beginning is that while I get why it is the way that it is, but I just would have designed it differently because of how I view the playing card motif. Thats also hindered by not having finished the series but it is what it is.

This is a discussion thread. There will be differences of opinion. However, calling someone a "twat" is never OK under any circumstances. If you are unable to accept that others do not necessarily feel the same about something that you do, then you don't have to post in this thread.

That goes for you too, 'Sashi.

Fair enough and I agree, but in my defense, its not as if (after his first post explaining the context of the show) musashi03 really rolled out the welcome wagon. I found that after his first post that he just started coming off elitist and unnecessarily confrontational. It could have been just a simple discussion of opinion but that ended up not being the case. Not to mention it was entirely unnecessary for musashi03 to just assume that I don't know what I'm talking about from a design standpoint because I do.
 
see this is the kind of discussion we should have been having all along

Too bad you had to bring up ego. :rolleyes2:

See this I understood from the get go and while I didn't know how it tied into the plot I could see what they were going for (at least with Leangle) and I get it. For me, with the card playing motif, I would have designed them as being equals considering that in most card games the aces all have the same value thats what I've been trying to get at this whole time.

The way I see it is, if you are using the same power source (rouze cards) and there are 4 guys who represent the 4 card suits, I would want them to look like they are a part of the same group, but with the route they decided to take its more about the belt and less about the cards. I would've taken more of a Ryuki V-Buckle approach where they have the same model of belt but the card is what dictates the differences, if you catch my drift.

See and now I understand Chalice and Leangle better, but even though I understand I'm still not a big fan of their suits (thats what i meant by context aside.) Had I been a part of the design team I would have wanted to maintain the concept of equality with the playing card motif and then with their individual rouze cards, weapons, and role within the plot to be what differentiates the characters but thats just my personal preference.

Yes, but again, they couldn't have a common design since they were all created by different organizations or whatnot. Chalice origin was supernatural, so you wouldn't expect it to look anything like Blade, Garren, and Leangle. Blade and Garren were created by the same human-run BOARD organization at close proximity when it comes to chronology, so it makes sense they share the same design. Leangle on the other hand, was created after an Undead took over BOARD from the humans, which explains how it was different, but if you look at it closely, Leangle actually has the same suit format with Blade and Garren, just the colors and the way the shapes are made different. You still see that Leangle does hold out the logo of clubs the same way Blade and Garren does in the suit, so he's not very much different.

One more thing, the characters in the show didn't appear at the same time, they were introduced to the audience far apart from each other (except Blade and Garren) basing on the timeline, so audience wouldn't be confused as to why they are different from the get go.

And again, they're not from the same team, they just happen to have a common enemy... In fact, near the end, they're still kicking each other's asses.

I will stand by with what I said about W. I think that, that suit (regardless of how minimalist the design is) is communicating way more than a suit like Blade its just more subtle about it.

I personally don't like W's design, mainly because I don't like the imbalance when it comes to different sided colors. I just appreciate symmetry more. Which is why I had trouble liking Agito's Trinity Form, Den-O's Climax Form, Kiva's DoGaBaKi Form, and even the simple swaying of OOO's LaToraTah hair to one side...

Anyway to wrap up my point from the beginning is that while I get why it is the way that it is, but I just would have designed it differently because of how I view the playing card motif. Thats also hindered by not having finished the series but it is what it is.

But again, they still do have the playing card motif engraved in each suit.

Fair enough and I agree, but in my defense, its not as if (after his first post explaining the context of the show) musashi03 really rolled out the welcome wagon. I found that after his first post that he just started coming off elitist and unnecessarily confrontational. It could have been just a simple discussion of opinion but that ended up not being the case. Not to mention it was entirely unnecessary for musashi03 to just assume that I don't know what I'm talking about from a design standpoint because I do.

This is the way I talk to people I don't know, you can ask Oblivion about it. Specially for people who react too much on simple stuff, and seeing how you jumped the gun on "WHAT THE HELL BLADE?!" and assuming that ego was involved, you pretty much triggered everything. If you read my very very very first reply to you, it's as formal as anybody can get, yet you decide to ASSUME that it's being "elitist".
 
That... kinda was the joke.

Yes, I know. Just wanted to explain in-case LazerwolfX has trouble understanding a post again.

Not trying to take sides here but how was he supposed to know that? :eyebrow:

Which is why people should never assume. I mean seriously, of all the things he could think of, instead of somebody being formal to him, he goes and says ego was involved...
:sayin:
 
Eternal w/o the cape.

Hahaha yeah, I remember seeing Eternal's debut in the leaked videos. With his head slowly raising to reveal his face (which was the helicopter scene in the movie). I thought to myself at the time "is Toei really this cheap with suit designs?" since he really looked too bland... Then he slowly grew on me.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top