Top 5 Movies of 2010

1. Black Swan
2. The Social Network
3. Inception
4. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
5. Toy Story 3

Could have been better:
Tron Legacy

Most Disappointing:
Kick-Ass
 
I really don't get the Scott Pilgrim love. The movie was about a douche bag that dumped his GF for some super slut. Then to be with the slut he fights 7 super villains. Was the comic any better?
 
I really don't get the Scott Pilgrim love. The movie was about a douche bag that dumped his GF for some super slut. Then to be with the slut he fights 7 super villains. Was the comic any better?

The comic is better in terms of portraying Scott and Ramona's issues, generally giving them better characterization and giving Stills and Kim actual roles other than 'in a band with Scott.' The comic also explains a thrown out part towards the end of the movie, which actually was a massive plot point.

Really, all the movie did better was give Lucas and Roxy a better fight scene. The movie was fun at best IMO, but there are better.

Also, Cera was a terrible choice to play Scott. The comic seems to give him more... "edge" I guess would be the best way to put it. Cera's just too meek.
 
I really don't get the Scott Pilgrim love. The movie was about a douche bag that dumped his GF for some super slut. Then to be with the slut he fights 7 super villains. Was the comic any better?

They movie has a deeper context than just that. It has nothing to do with Ramona, at least not near the end. It's about Scott getting self-respect for himself.
 
I don't see how any of that nonsense was about self-respect.

Because at the start of the movie is a lowly guy with no goals and no compass. He has no respect for himself and he just sorta...shuffles through the dark.

He thinks that he needs this girl because he sees her in his dreams, and she's hot, so yeah he's kind of a dick like that.

But by the end of the movie he gains respect for him self, matures, and realizes that the world doesn't revolve around him, and he has to make his own way.

Yeah he's still with Ramona, but I always get the sense that it won't last forever, and he'll probably end up back with knives at some point.
 
My top 5, if the very few movies I saw this year:

Inception
The Social Network
How to Train Your Dragon
HP7.1
Iron Man 2

Runners up: Scott Pilgrim, Prince Caspian & the Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I haven't read the Scott Pilgrim books, but I really enjoyed the movie, with the exception of the "Holy **** the main character is a goddamn douchebag who deserves to get his ass kicked by everyone who knows him" part. Loved all the references, the visual effects and sound effects, the supporting characters. I can tell that they had to cut out a **** ton of storyline to squeeze that all into one movie.
I'm curious, do the books explain why Scott is such a good fighter?
 
Favorites-

Iron Man 2
Toy Story 3
Shutter Island
Predators
Machete

Disappointments-

Robin Hood
Devil
Monsters
The Expendables
Paranormal Activity 2
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top