While I still haven't forgotten (or forgiven) the DiC English Saint Seiya dubs (Gatorade blood... >8() if they were to add one of them to the new Toonami, I think, since they have a more mature target audience than the original, that they would be better off with Lost Canvas (which in all honesty is the most "mature" StS series) than Omega.

I remember that EZ Rider once commented that if Toonami had not been canceled, there would have been a chance that it would air the KR Kabuto English dubs.

If it did air here, it would nullify Dragon Knight, which would be a blessing. The worst thing they put on Toonami was Naruto. They should have waited until 2007, cut the **** and divided them into proper seasons. Cut to Shippuden and repeat. Leave the filler undubbed and off the airwaves .

If they do Toonami on 6-9, they should consider toku as well. Bring back the Ultra7 dub crew to dub the films and other off shoots and air the first dub. Then air Ultra Seven X.

If it did air here, it would nullify Dragon Knight, which would be a blessing. The worst thing they put on Toonami was Naruto. They should have waited until 2007, cut the **** and divided them into proper seasons. Cut to Shippuden and repeat. Leave the filler undubbed and off the airwaves .
Yes cause cutting up and skipping episode in a dub would go over so well with the fanbase. It's the same practice that made 4Kids so beloved in the anime community and made them all those billions and billions of dollars.

I do want them to bring Kabuto over here to the states, however...

I fear the legal and licensing issues might get in the way of that. If it were being considered, it might end up being easier to make a new English dub, either through Cartoon Network co-producing it like the second season of Big O, or through a company like Funimation. And at that point, it just seems easier to stick to anime and action cartoons.

I would like to see a new English dub of Sailor Moon, something that will equal an uncut and complete release in the states, including Stars.

I think Gurren Lagann would do well on Toonami. Sure, it's an older series, but things like Voltron and Thundercats weren't exactly new when Toonami aired them. A balance of older and newer shows, from Japan or from the west, could still work in their favor. Just because it's old doesn't mean everyone has seen it or knows about it.

There are a bunch of anime titles I think would work on Toonami. Heck, if they can hype up Hamtaro, they can make just about anything seem cool.

It's not about assigning a specific audience, it's about advertising it enough and making sure there is plenty of hype. It's also about the unique presentation that only Toonami could give us. Toonami in and of itself was a joy to watch, not just for the anime it could introduce us to, but all the original content and nuggets of joy to experience between shows.

Heck, if they can hype up Hamtaro, they can make just about anything seem cool.

But you have to get the right sales pitch...this is why I liked Cullen's promos so much cause he could sell even the most absurd thing.

PS: I shall await the day Peter Cullen does a promo for "Masked Rider Den-O" on Toonami...and Keith ends up liking it.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

(...but you know that won't happen.)

...if not that...Cullen narrating the following:

"Demonic horros that lurk in the darkness. Demons that hate, that feed upon mankind. There was a time where humans lived in fear of these fiends from the shadows. But, mankind received a ray of hope. The light of hope that was the Makai Knights. The demon hunters. The protectors of mankind. Thus, they were exalted by humanity.

...where there is light. Shadows lurk and fear reigns. And if by the blade of knight...mankind was given hope."

Last edited:
I want to change topic slightly. It looks like there going with Tom 3 for now but how would you all feel about a Tom 5?

I think it's South East Asian, not just PH. Our version of Toonami IIRC has had most Heisei Kamen Rider series dubbed in English back to back with Power Rangers for several years now. At the least I've seen English-dubbed Faiz, Blade, and Ryuki.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently our Cartoon Network has had Blade, and Kabuto so far. Plus Dragon Knight. And we got Tagalog dubs for the rest.

Last edited: