Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 29 - "Breaking into Hyperspace"

Another Goseiger plot?
I think if Go-Busters was always intended to have multiple villain groups, then Messiah wouldn't have made it to episode 20. My current theory is that Enter will now be the big bad, with Escape as his right-hand (wo)man, and one of their primary motivations will be how the Busters killed their master.

Regardless of whether it's purely down to the retool, it's good to have a 'big' episode at this point. So often at this point I'm basically just waiting for the last ten episodes so the plot restarts again. But no, cool fight action from Enter, the first time in forever we've seen the 'basic form' Megazords, and a real sense of anticipation. I would have liked a bit more from Jin on what was going on, as his "I know something you don't know" part at the beginning was basically all he got to do the entire episode, but that's just nitpicking.

Zut! Zut! Zut alors!
 
If it weren't for the fact that I know we're getting a Gavan team up episode, I'd swear that this was the final episode for Gobusters, it feels very much like one.
 
If it weren't for the fact that I know we're getting a Gavan team up episode, I'd swear that this was the final episode for Gobusters, it feels very much like one.

I agree. The buildup is really similar to other final episodes of sentai series that I've seen, and it doesn't seemed like there's any other plot left lingering after Messiah's inevitable demise. This series really feels like it was strong-armed by Toei's executives to change its direction in the face of rating declines, and I just hope the remaining 20 episodes will not leave the show high and dry.
 
There is one person that is still around to be the main villian

this guy

[hide]



The Programmer of the Messiah Virus

[/hide]
 

I think the actual final episodes of Gobuster will be very hard to top these next couple of episodes.
 

It's always seemed to me like Enter's motivation for forcing evolution on Messiah was more malevolent and self serving than anything else. He's setting Messiah up for failure.
 
Even though the action is good, in particular the Enter/Hiroru fight where Enter really shown what he's capable of, the episode overall felt really rushed. That army of Megazords were taken down in less than a minute, WTF? I understand it's the Ultimate combined form but come on, one Megazord used to be quite a challenge in the first 10 episodes for the Go-Busters.

The physical form of the Messiah is also somewhat meh. I hope the final fight will be exciting. Can't believe we are having a mid season finale. I wonder if this show will imitate Goseiger and go with completely new villains, or will Enter and/or Escape provide the final boss of the show?
 
I freaking loved this episode, but I gotta say... everything that went down in this was some season finale **** right there. With how fast they're rocketing toward the identity of Escape and Enter, showdowns with Messiah, and breaking into hyperspace... this would normally happen maybe three episodes before the end of the show.

I hear Goseiger actually went through several bad guys. Is Gobusters going to do the same? Clean up Messaiah and his crew then have to fight something else? :sly:
 
It's always seemed to me like Enter's motivation for forcing evolution on Messiah was more malevolent and self serving than anything else. He's setting Messiah up for failure.

After the way that Messiah has been treating him, even before he had Escape to "replace" him? I probably would, too.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…