Out of curiosity's sake, can anyone think of, or list, any time when the kanji for "Gold" has been prominently used in Toku (such as the visor for KingRanger in OhRanger or Garo's Summoning Spell for Gouten)?

Last edited:
私の占いは当たる
It's pretty much the basis for Den-O Ax form's helmet design.

Ore, Sanjou!
Out of curiosity's sake, can anyone think of, or list, any time when the kanji for "Gold" has been prominently used in Toku (such as the visor for KingRanger in OhRanger or Garo's Sealing Spell)?

incidentally enough, Kingranger's visor is really the Kanji for King "Oh"

Really?

I guess they just look similar, at least when they're stylised like that. Then again, perhaps that was the point, in the case of KingRanger.

What is the symbol when Garo summons his horse then?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M1iGThevbs"]GARO[/ame]
(The thing in the circle halfway-through the video.)

Last edited:
Ore, Sanjou!
Really?

I guess they just look similar, at least when they're stylised like that. Then again, perhaps that was the point, in the case of KingRanger.

What is the symbol when Garo summons his horse then?

GARO
(The thing in the circle halfway-through the video.)

that also looks like "Oh". on a side note, that monster is incredibly gruesome

Interesting.

Perhaps it has a connection to how "Gouten" is written or something. Garo is a Knight, not someone connected to royalty.

And about the monster, the show was advertised as a "Hyper Midnight Action Drama" after all.

EDIT:

Nope, just checked. Nothing like that in it's name. "Ten" (Sky) or "Tengoku" (Heaven) look similar to it but that's really stretching things. Now I'm completely confused.

Can anyone help clarify this? I'm really out of ideas, at this point.

Last edited: