Resident Precureologist
Bob dang it! I guess something I saw on a google ad was too good to be true.

So what sites do sell the DVDs?

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
There's always eBay dude. Region-free, if you don't mind the fact that it's likely to be a bootleg and that you can potentially end up with the HK subs (assuming that you're looking for a subbed version, that is).

Banned
Sage Shinigami said:
....Wouldn't those only have the R2s?

Of course. Do I advocate buying bootlegs? Hell no. Download for free but never buy a bootleg.

Mikazuki said:
Of course. Do I advocate buying bootlegs? Hell no. Download for free but never buy a bootleg.

The rules change when you're wasting money buying something you don't understand. I'll never buy an R2 unless I intend to sub it, since I'm not their target audience.

Mikazuki said:

That isn't terribly helpful to those of us who lack sufficient understanding of Japanese get more than the broad gist of any given conversation (if that much). After all, there's a rather small pool of fansub groups doing toku, and a limited pool of projects that they're doing, leaving us pretty hard in the lurch if I want to see, say, Kamen Rider Kuuga or Ryuki (or Agito, for that matter -- yes, I know about Cruel Angel's DVDs, but nothing for bittorrent), or the last few episodes of Hibiki or that series' movie, or... well, you get the idea. I haven't found any source for subbed Kuuga or Ryuki besides TVN, and they release episodes of those series to roughly coincide with, say, lunar eclipses. And not all of them.

I'd like to see Kakuranger subbed, sometime. I'd like to see a lot of other series, too, for that matter, but Toei et. al. don't seem to give a damn about any potential market in the English-speaking world (or don't see it as being profitable, which is probably not untrue), leaving us with bootleg HK DVDs. (Never mind the ARM and LEG it costs for Japanese DVDs -- I figure, once you tot up shipping, your average toku DVD retails for about $13/episode. Even the old X-Files DVD sets weren't THAT bad.)

laudre said:
I'd like to see Kakuranger subbed, sometime. I'd like to see a lot of other series, too, for that matter, but Toei et. al. don't seem to give a damn about any potential market in the English-speaking world (or don't see it as being profitable, which is probably not untrue), leaving us with bootleg HK DVDs.
I don't think that argument holds up, since I want to see Kakuranger as well (unsubbed), but the official DVD's aren't out yet ... so all I can do is the same as you: wait :sweat: