I don't have low self esteem.
你好!

So recently, Go-Busters has premiered in Hong Kong on TVB dubbed in Cantonese.

The thing is, Go-Busters has originally premiered in Japan in 2012 which was 2 years ago, so.. basically why did you guys have to wait 2 years later for the show to be localized here? I mean, this seems to happen with most Super Sentai series. The show premieres in Japan, but doesn't get brought over to Hong Kong until 2 years later.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that these shows are being brought to Hong Kong. I'm from the UK and apart from Power Rangers and the Cutie Honey movie from 2004, we don't get anything even remotely like that, and I'm jealous of you guys. But still, why do you guys have to wait 2 years to watch a localized version? I mean, you've still got Kyoryuger and Tokkyuger to go?

Better yet, why can't a Sentai series premiere in another country as soon as it's been premiered in Japan? Sure Power Rangers is far behind but Power Rangers is different. This is the same show dubbed in a foreign language.

Also why was Goseiger skipped? Was it something on Bandai's side?

Just curious!!

It could be license issues behind releasing the shows in HK. I hear Megaforce got a Cantonese dub which could be why Gosiger got skip out.

Hong Kong got hold of both Zyuranger and MMPR, so (assuming what Amon heard is true) Megaforce shouldn't be a barrier to airing Goseiger.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
It could be many issues combined, licensing issues, dubbing the whole series takes time etc.

Kamen Rider is actually behind for 3 years rather than 2. There were two main channels in HK, ATV and TVB. I think ATV aired Kuuga and Agito, but Kuuga only started airing from 2002, I guess it took awhile for the broadcasting companies to see the potential in importing Rider series so hence the delay. Then TVB took over from Ryuki but that didn't start until 2005.

Now I'm not a Sentai fan so I'm not sure whether the above reasons still apply, I think Gaoranger was the first one.

They do make a great job out of it though, especially with the merchandise. In recent years they start to include exclusive promotional items in Japan into campaigns in HK as well.

"Training."
One things for certain...it helps collectors get items they missed a lot easier! :laugh:

R

raden238

The Super Sentai series that airs in Hong Kong are now only 2 years behind from Japan. Current one is Go-Busters. Before it use to be Kamen Rider being ahead with the series than Sentai (2013 was suppose to air Goseiger then OOO would join them later just like in Japan). But due to Hong Kong skipping Goseiger, (which I think it might have to do with poor toy sales from Japan and Korea, so maybe Bandai told them to just skip it all together. I can't think of any other reasoning behind it.) Now Super Sentai is one series ahead of Kamen Rider in Hong Kong.

Why it takes them so long?? Probably has to do with licensing. They can't possibly air the dub simultaneously as the new episodes air in Japan. I've been to Hong Kong many times and whenever I watch their toku dubs and anime dubs on tv, it feels like they use the same exact group of voice actors for the dubbing. So maybe it takes some time for them to dub each and every show. Live action or animation.

I don't have low self esteem.
Hong Kong got hold of both Zyuranger and MMPR, so (assuming what Amon heard is true) Megaforce shouldn't be a barrier to airing Goseiger.

That's true.

There was a Cantonese dub of both MMPR AND ZyuRanger. I'm quite surprised that MegaForce aired over there. Years ago I heard a rumour that for some strange reason Disney while they were the current owners of Power Rangers, they couldn't get the show aired in Asia, and because of that Korea got Super Sentai under the name of Power Rangers and I assumed that in Hong Kong they just ditched Power Rangers in favour of Super Sentai. But I never really took that too seriously and apart from that Power Rangers is aired in India and Singapore too.

So when did MegaForce originally start airing in Hong Kong?