The Viewing Globe: Knight is easy with eyes closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does quitting a job that only gives you one shift a week bad for your resume? If a prospective employer asks, you tell them why you quit. Have you not had it for long enough, or something?
 
Then go talk to your boss Faded about how you can't survive with just one shift a week. I'm sure they'll get the message that you'll go look elsewhere. Heck they might even know somebody that would give you work!
 
Then go talk to your boss Faded about how you can't survive with just one shift a week. I'm sure they'll get the message that you'll go look elsewhere. Heck they might even know somebody that would give you work!

But, more importantly, would they care enough? Heck, they might just find someone else to replace her.
 
How does quitting a job that only gives you one shift a week bad for your resume? If a prospective employer asks, you tell them why you quit. Have you not had it for long enough, or something?

I was hired in May. Summer time for restaurants = more hiring. Winter time is dead, so I'm lucky they're keeping me on....they have a woman doing my job already, and she has senority. By all means they should have laid me off by now.

I also can't quit because it will affect my welfare (yes I know people don't agree with that, but I was on it coming out of school when I had no job, and I can't afford to be off it).

Awesome thing is that I made too much in September to get any help from welfare in october..and thats when they started cutting back my hours.

I'm sooo poor.
 
I hate that nowadays if you don't have the right degree, you won't be guaranteed a decent job. Job hunting must suck for humanities and fine arts majors.

Had a friend that graduated in May with a heath promotions degree. She is currently unemployed and living with her grandma.
 
My room mate graduated with top grades from "Office Administration" and still hasn't gotten a job in her field.

I graduated from my Culinary course and have a bunch of certificates...and nothing. It also sucks when they want "3-5 years experience".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top