The Live-Action Dragon Ball Z - Pre-Discussion Thread (trailer on page one)

I feel the opposite. Now that I've seen the HQ version of the trailer, I'm having mixed feelings. I've never been a die hard fan of Dragonball (or a fan for that matter), but I do watch it when I get the chance.

Much like Forbidden Kingdom, I feel like they may have "Americanized" this movie too much. It had a epic environment, but the scenery and dialog was far too American-ish.
 
[HIDE]High Quality version of the Dragonball Movie Teaser Trailer
piccoloan6.png


Its finally here! The full blown Dragonball teaser trailers. Yes trailers, there are two versions. They are the first official HD trailers with sound. View both versions the trailer in all its glory below. The longer version shows new shots of Piccolo (yes and he is green!) and plenty of ki blasts!


FULL HIGH QUALITY TRAILER!!


Screenshots
bulmawhitenc5.png

roshijv8.png

explosionvi2.png

piccoloflipgl7.png

explosion2er5.png

my.php

desertwr6.png
[/HIDE]
~~UPDATE~~

We Haven’t Seen The Theatrical Trailer Yet, And We Won’t See It With ‘Max Payne’

DB Legends had the opportunity to talk with Twentieth Century Fox about the leaked promotional footage, believed by some to be the theatrical trailer, as well as the trailer we’d see with Max Payne. This is what they had to say:

“First off, we love your enthusiasm for the film. We are so sorry to ask that you remove the content. It is not meant to irritate or discourage you and your readers from following this film campaign. It’s just that the pieces of content that are being leaked were not created to be used this way. They were only meant to be shown to potential Licensing & Merchandising partners who need to make partnering decisions far in advance of release date, and the content has not been approved for online use. Elements like music clearances and even talent approvals have not been pursued because we had no intention of having this go online. Alot goes into a trailer or video being authorized for online use….

We had hoped to have a really kick-ass trailer done by MAX PAYNE’s in-theater date, but because alot of effects shots are still being worked on - we’ve decided to wait until there is more material to work with, so we can really “wow” you and the fans. This is not uncommon for a film that still has 6 months until it goes in theaters. It looks like the real trailer will be released a little later in the year.

Again, thanks for all your interest. I am happy to update you when we get new artwork and approved video to distribute. We appreciate you removing the content, and don’t mean to cause you any headaches with your readers”


In short, the promotional footage that was recently leaked is not the theatrical trailer and that the official, theatrical trailer will not be released with Max Payne on October 17th, but rather later in the year.


--------------------------------
Makes sense, but from the way I see it. The damage has already been done. Majority of the fans already think this is trash. If they really have the ability to wow us, I'd be certainly amazed, that I will be!!!
 
Props for Twentieth Century Fox for giving a good and informed reason rather than being like Sony and just a Cease and Decease,
 
Movie Clip From Japan

The TV program NHK special in Japan aired a very short clip from the movie today. Thanks to the magic of the Internet you can now view it Here online.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Dragonball Review
SOURCE

Ever since they announced the bargain-basement casting of James Marsters and Emmy Rossum, I've been getting a strong WING COMMANDER vibe from James Wong's DRAGONBALL. Turns out, it might be a little bit better than WING COMMANDER. Praise Jesus.

Hello to all of you,

I am a huge fan of your site and constantly visit here but this will be my first time emailing you about something. I love geek movies because there is nothing better than a well made geek movie. Well after watching the 95-100 minutes (excluding credits) of the movie i say this movie was solid. Ya you heard that right. I simply love the anime but I was very very nervous about it being made by fox. After all the studio has been making nothing but **** lately. Another reason why I was worried about this movie is that the director is James Wong who made final destination 1 & 3 and The one starring Jet Li. What I watched had unfinished sfx and with no scoring done yet. Also... they will be adding one or two scenes which will be shot sometime end of october.

Positives

~~~~~~~~~~SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[HIDE]1) Action - I wasn't expecting the action scenes to be as awesome as they were. Simply put the best thing about this movie. The last action scene of Goku vs. Picollo are simply amazing and when picollo takes out his huge fucking ass sword with weird rectangle shape tablet attached it at the tip of sword and slamming it on goku was fucking awesome. Lot of blowing **** up, super cool flying scenes, awesome ki blasts. This fight scene was around 13-15 minutes long. There are other small action scenes that are fun and entertaining with slo mo but nowhere as good as the picollo vs. goku scene.

2) James Marsters as Picollo was awesome. He was perfect as picollo. Very mean and a villain that makes you say **** ya kick all their asses. Oh and Picollo transforms into a light greenish color picollo towards the end of the movie.

3) Justin Chatwin as Goku. This guy surprised me a lot. I really didn't like him when they casted him as goku but he did a damn good job in the acting department and he nailed the KAMEHAMEHA line.

4) Oozaru - the giant monkey is in the movie. Goku turns into a 8-9 feet tall giant baboon when he looks at the moon. It was awesome looking though a bit CGI. Maybe they will fix it later.

5) Emmy Rossum as Bulma- She was really really good in this role. I liked how she never acted like a wimpy girl and eventhough she knows she can't win against the evil forces yet she kicks ass. A strong female role I will say.

6) Fullum Assasins - I thought adding these monsters were bad idea but they were pretty damn cool and there was an enitre scene where Goku and his friends fight these monsters and that fight scene was pretty damn good.

7) Joon Park as Yamcha was pretty cool. His acting was spot on like the character and they showed some cool fighting techniques of his. The fight scene between him and goku was good.[/HIDE]

Negatives

[HIDE] 1) Story - Dragonball fans will be dissapointed with some of the changes they have made with stories and characters etc. Krillin isn't in the movie, Tien isn't in the movie too. High school setting for the first 22-23 minutes was so not needed but ah well typical hollywood garbage of adding bullshit like that.

2) Jamie Chung as Chi Chi - Ya this was another casting i didn't like and my worst fears came true. Her acting is as bad as Jessica Alba's in F4 movies but thankfully her screentime isn't that big. I really wished they could have tried harded to find someone else. I hope for sequel she can improve if there is one of course.

3) Chow Yun Fat as Master Roshi - I was dissapointed with this. I wanted the fucking perverted roshi who fucking grabs breasts and asses like in the anime but alas all of that is fucking gone. Also he acted like Mr. Kesuke Miyagi. You know what I mean. The lines he spoke were fine but I felt he was uncomfortable in the movie. Very dissapointed.

4) Shenron the dragon - Ah another huge dissapointment. This is like sentinel in X3 all over again. **** **** **** you fox. So ya they get all the dragonballs and the dragon appears but the dragon is hiding behind fucking clouds and you only see his shadow. The voice of the dragon was provided by none other than Christopher Sabat who provided the voice for the dragon in the american version of the anime. When the dragon spoke it was chilling but damnit it was hiding behind clouds. One can hope they will fix this but chances of that are very slim.

5) Eriko Tamura as Mai was underused character and frankly speaking if that is what their intention was to underuse her then they might as well have not added this character and just added more picollo. Her moments were cool and she basically was there to show her nice boobies but ya she was kinda wasted.[/HIDE]

Overall, I would give the movie a 6.5/10 simply because i was expecting disaster but it turned out better. The positives I mentioned coupled with some cool funny goku moments like eating a massive turkey etc. were hilarious. If only Master Roshi was perverted and Shenron was visible I would have given this 9 but ah well they messed up there. Hopefully they will fix shenron as they still have 5 months to movie's release but if not then well **** you to fox and james wong. But in all seriousness I am glad it aint the disaster I thought it would be. Hopefully you guys will post this. Thank You.

Call me DON



Hard to believe that Chow Yun-Fat could be perceived as a "negative" in dreck like this. But, hey, light-greenish Picollo!

================
Every positive thing about this sounds frigg’n rad!! Mos Def!!

The Story was a given though, so I could really careless about the highschool part. Jamie Chung being a negitive ain’t so suprising at all either. Her experience, and her landing this role, at the beginning is astounding. I know that her experience would be shown on screen. The Same goes for Chow Yun Fat not being perverted at all. But to be fair, he was quite serious around the time King piccolo arrived on the scene from the anime :D

What disappoints me about all this is the fact that Shenron ain’t visible at all! WTF!! WHAT THE ****!! Seriously! Fox gives us this **** about goku being in highschool and not once will they give us a visible Shenron? I don’t give a rat’s ass if it was voiced by Chris Sabat! I wanna see him in full form!!
 
Last edited:
What disappoints me about all this is the fact that Shenron ain’t visible at all! WTF!! WHAT THE ****!! Seriously! Fox gives us this **** about goku being in highschool and not once will they give us a visible Shenron? I don’t give a rat’s ass if it was voiced by Chris Sabat! I wanna see him in full form!!


I hope the review is a fake. Because I want a visible Shenron. I dont care how much of the budget it takes. Thats potentially one of the biggest, climactic highlights of the DragonBall Movie. And with the original VA's voice? You have to show Shenron.

Maybe he was hidden behind clouds because the movie is still being worked on. But egh.
 
I hope the review is a fake. Because I want a visible Shenron. I dont care how much of the budget it takes. Thats potentially one of the biggest, climactic highlights of the DragonBall Movie. And with the original VA's voice? You have to show Shenron.

Maybe he was hidden behind clouds because the movie is still being worked on. But egh.
Knowing Ain't it cools rep about having reviews before the actual movies hit, I'm pretty sure this guy speaks the truth. Seeing Shenron behind the clouds really sounds like a huge blow to the fans :disappoin

This movie aired in Japan already ?

Nope, not that I know of, cause if it did. It would've been all over the net by now. NHK just showed a clip of the movie...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top