The Karate Kid (a remake by Will Smith) Movie Discussion

Take away the emotion-laden name, and you've probably got a pretty good film. I respect Will Smith a lot, and Jackie Chan in a major role is like an insta-win card for most movies.


They'll market it as Karate Kid, and that's fine. In our hearts, we'll know it's something different.
 
The Karate Kid is one of my favorite movies. This is just crap, Pure crap. I have no desire to see it. They should stick with the kung-fu kid name as this is not the karate kid at all.
Wow, how very vague. Saying, "The Karate Kid is one of my favorite movies," doesn't really say much at all. News flash...The Karate Kid happens to be A LOT of people's favorites (mine included). Yet, there are those of us that actually are WAITING to see what the movie is all about. We have yet to know anything, besides it sticking to the "kid being bullied" bit.
 
dggebo.jpg
I have to say, I have much faith in this kid (as well as Will Smith). His acting skills are pretty impressive, and it's been a couple of years since Pursuit of Happiness, so he's a bit older than he was.
 
Wow, how very vague. Saying, "The Karate Kid is one of my favorite movies," doesn't really say much at all. News flash...The Karate Kid happens to be A LOT of people's favorites (mine included). Yet, there are those of us that actually are WAITING to see what the movie is all about. We have yet to know anything, besides it sticking to the "kid being bullied" bit.

I don't know if I should shake my head or put my palm to my face on these comments. I really don't care if it's a lot of other peoples favorite movies what does that have anything to do with what I said? Good for you that you are waiting to see it. I ask again what that has anything to do with what I said?
 
Quick! Let's jump to conclusions and say the movie will suck no matter what because living up to unbearable nerd stereotypes is what we should all do!

Or wait until it comes out, and maybe even enjoy it.
 
You have yet to see anything that remotely shows whether or not this movie is going to be a sucess or a failure; you labled it as crap before you even have seen it. So really, what I said has everything to do with what you said...which was nothing really.
 
You have yet to see anything that remotely shows whether or not this movie is going to be a sucess or a failure; you labled it as crap before you even have seen it. So really, what I said has everything to do with what you said...which was nothing really.

I still go by the following: "Don't judge a book by it's cover...unless it looks interesting."
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top