Im not straight but my boyfriend is
And that wasn't a visual effect. Those were actual hot coals he fell into when they were filming. As with every good Jackie Chan movie, Jackie punished the **** out of himself while making Drunken Master II.

What!? WHYYYYYYYYYY. Why would you do that Jackie??? BURNING HOT BLISTERS SWEETIE! ITS PAINFUL!

boogie woogie feng shui
Man, that's nothin'. He was fully covered and sprayed with flame-retardant. In one of his most famous stunts from the classic Police Story, he slides down a pole wrapped in Christmas lights wearing no protection, at the end of which he falls about six feet through a glass kiosk and lands on a table. And then just gets up and runs off. He really cut and burned himself all to hell doing that stunt but he's also very proud of it.

It stinks.
The only stunt that almost killed Jackie was in Armour of God, where he slipped from a tree and hit his head. Jackie had to have brain surgery, but thankfully he recovered from that.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Brad Wong from Dead or Alive 3 is one of the best users of the style.

I havent played DoA much, but Id have to say Lei wu Long from Tekken is my favorite Drunken Boxing user. :D

Man, that's nothin'. He was fully covered and sprayed with flame-retardant. In one of his most famous stunts from the classic Police Story, he slides down a pole wrapped in Christmas lights wearing no protection, at the end of which he falls about six feet through a glass kiosk and lands on a table. And then just gets up and runs off. He really cut and burned himself all to hell doing that stunt but he's also very proud of it.

Yeh, right after he landed, he got up and went ape **** on the villian of the movie. He said for a few seconds he couldnt control himself because of all the adrenaline that built up from the stunt. Crazy ****.

Got another question for everyone: If you know of any, who is your favorite martial arts amateur film group. There are some small groups out there that do short films that display their martial art skills. My favorite is Zero Gravity, who's members are starting to become pretty popular lately, mainly Lateef Crowder who was in Tom Yum Goong/The Protector. Anyways, if you know of any others, post some clips to share with the world. Here are my favorite fight scenes from Zero Gravity

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKZeWEz7Cs&feature=PlayList&p=630EE0D738E0587F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=37[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D2J7GkT-ME&feature=PlayList&p=630EE0D738E0587F&index=38[/ame]

Im not straight but my boyfriend is

Yes I remember someone posting that video and I think it was you talking about it. Jackie is so fucking hardcore.

boogie woogie feng shui
Got another question for everyone: If you know of any, who is your favorite martial arts amateur film group.

Mine's gotta be The Stunt People. I used to be in love with everything Zero Gravity did, but then they started getting more and more professional work, which is good for them, but bad for me. :laugh:

In addition to professional jobs, Eric and the rest of The Stunt People are extremely dedicated to their fanbase and are constantly writing and producing independent projects in between paid gigs. Check out their vids!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJqF1sFDrRE[/ame]

There are also some great, lesser-known groups out there that don't have to same name-recognition as groups like ZG and The Stunt People, but are putting out great product for freakin' free. Vlad Rimburg from VJ Films is a frequent Stunt People collaborator, Jay and Joe from Jabronie Pictures and Team Fistylez are both incredibly innovative (and Toku fans!), Hideyoshi and Fukuyoshi from The Young Masters are young prodigies that perfectly recapture the feel of classic kung fu films, Lester from Rising Tiger Inc. has an unbelievable knack for directing, editing, and fight choreography, and Manny and Shawn from Lazy Brown Productions are on the front lines of independent internet action film production. They may not be professionals by trade, but they definitely put out professional-quality action and are all humble as pie. Give them all a look and support (good) independent action films!

By the Power of Gaia!!!
Manny's got some great stuff out there. I've also gotten to know another guy who's been doing some fight stuff, too. Darren Holmquist of Dardrex Productions. He just wrapped up a major project called Wager and he's editting it now, so it should be out soon.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Wow, that is a lot of groups. I think I remember you showing me something from The Stunt People a while back but i never got a chance to check em out. They are freakin good though. Just saw a clip from TeamFistylez where they are fighting with toy guns. Genius.

boogie woogie feng shui
Fistylez did a series called Homemade Hero a few years ago that was directly influenced and inspired by Tokusatsu shows. And Joe and Jay have been co-oping lately for a film with kung fu, professional wrestling, hot girls, lightsabers, and henshin heroes, complete with henshin sequence.

Which reminds me, Hero vs. Alien!