THE FIRST/THE NEXT Rider suits were very cool.

Ryuutaros

"Training."
Despite what people say about the movies you have to admit that the Rider suits were very cool and the fight scenes were very well done.
 
Yuppers they were, wouldve been nice if they made another movie and we got this:

11825873367701.jpg
 
I liked the fact that they stayed true to the original suits. Nowdays, we rarely get to see the original blue and green suits that Ichigo and Nigo had before their "upgrades".
The black leather, the battle-scarred armor, the dark helmets. It was such a cool design, and it was staying true to the whole bike-theme that they were going for.

I never liked the upgrades honestly. I know it must have been easier for the stunt guys to move around, but it just didn't look as badass as seing some cyborg-dudes in leather uniforms. It got even worse later on when they decided to go for the silver helmets. :redface2:
 
I never liked the upgrades honestly. I know it must have been easier for the stunt guys to move around, but it just didn't look as badass as seing some cyborg-dudes in leather uniforms. It got even worse later on when they decided to go for the silver helmets. :redface2:

The light green (not silver) helmets came with the final upgrade/redesigns originally. In participations in later series, Rider 1 and 2 (sometimes both) got dark helmets, but the originals (of their final suits) were the silver ones).

Anyway, I agree with your overall point. The original suits looked better than the "upgrades". It was particularly bad for Rider 2. A green/black suit was already colorful enough and had enough contrast, the red gloves and boots just hurt the design, and, of course, the material used for the shirt somehow looked worse (It's especially noticeable looking at the lateral line and the shoulders).

I can understand why Ichigo got a redesign (to make a suit with brighter and more varied colors for toys), but Rider 2's was utterly unnecessary.

About the movie suits... I'm not sure. From one side, I like how they followed the original designs fairly closely, aside from changing proportions and adding shoulder pads, but I wish they had gone with something more mechanical looking - an internal transformation to reveal suits inside their bodies, rather than a rather out of place "putting on" sequence, if they wanted to go with that realistic style.

There was also way too much focus on "oh! Their necks are visible!". I really don't get the appeal of that, and it was especially bad in "The Next", considering how that wasn't a significant element of the original V3, so they did it just to randomly do it (Although, yeah, much more so than "The First", "The Next" had basically nothing to do with V3 aside from a few reused names).
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top